Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
last week my the freezer on my fridge stopped freezing stuff. it only keeps it around 35-40 degrees now. it seemed to happen abruptly. the fridge part still works, but the freezer just isn't working for some reason. it's an Amana 20 Energy Saver fridge with a bottom freezer, that I got used and it's pretty old but worked fine up until now

the freezer has a shelf, and underneath on the bottom layer was a shitload of frost

ignore the red box, it's just a receipt. you can see I tried scraping some of the frost aware and found some kind of gap back there but I'm not sure what it is

the bottom of the freezer is directly adjacent to underneath the fridge so here are some pics of what that looks like

I only cleaned the lint out like it says after the trouble started and it went years without that ever being done. not sure if it could be related to the problem. there's also more huge dust bunnies in the shadows that the camera flash didn't reach

here's the left side. on the right is a thing you can turn that clicks, and on the left is a removable tray. the tray is below a hose like it's going to have some liquid in it, and it had a bunch of junk when I removed it that I could tell was from evaporated liquid. but not it stays completely dry, so that could be related to the problem

the left side with the tray removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Could I just use a pipe cleaner?

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Also I tested my defrost timer and found that it doesn't move so I'm ordering a new one of those

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
replacing the defrost timer worked, although the original timer is fuckin impossible to dismount with the screws being behind stuff so I just have the new one hooked up and sitting there