Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Couple tablespoons of instant, little boiling water to dissolve, then topped up with the remnants of yesterday’s evening coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

SilkyP posted:

Coffee should be consumed black you child

It's getting closer to black over time you purist! Used to do 3 parts coffee to 1 part milk with a whole sugar packet to get that like-the-ice-cream flavor.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is what everyone who is too into coffee is like:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im thinking about getting a little too into coffee, maybe getting one of those pourover jobs and getting some nice beans. Right now I just have the percolator and I catch poo poo from my barista-style-coffee-obsessed aussie cohorts. I only drink black coffee because im cutting out sugar and dairy makes me farty and bloated.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
im a mess at the moment because i used to make black americanos with my aeropress but now i’ve started putting powdered milk in it and i like it better. i have to use powdered milk b/c i don’t use real milk fast enough to get through a 2 pint bottle before it starts going off. sometimes you look in the mirror and dont recognise yourself any more

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The_Continental posted:

Well I was drinking coffee all day at my new desk job and because its Friday I figured why not come home and smack out a good gym session. I took some pre-workout to get that extra edge and pump. I'm just realizing I've probably consumed around 300mg of caffeine and holy gently caress am I jittery.

Talk about your favorite ways to consume Earth's Favorite Stimulant itt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftExYClDGz0

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
youre a real actual itty bitty small sized child toddler if your reaction to this is not instinctively sticking your mouthhole in that hot pipe

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Cold brew is the fuckin best in flavor and caffeine content. It will gently caress you up royally if you don't dilute it or drink it by the shot glass

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Caffeine is great, I love coffee and tea

My personal weird thing is that I can't drink black tea on an empty stomach or I'll actually vomit. I can drink it just fine if I've had something to eat and I can drink black coffee on an empty stomach no problem

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I can quit drinking a cup of coffee every morning, I just don't want to.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
L-Theanine alongside a morning espresso is the best, highly recommend it.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

ephori posted:

L-Theanine alongside a morning espresso is the best, highly recommend it.

If only there was a drink that had caffeine in it but also L-Theanine, the chemical compound named after tea

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

feelix posted:

If only there was a drink that had caffeine in it but also L-Theanine, the chemical compound named after tea
i was about to smugly go "40mg isn't caffeine" until i remembered gulag tea. do you know if that extracts a fuckton of the l-theanine too?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I drank so much coffee I burned my loving esophagus and stomach, and now I’m on some pills and barred from having any acidic foods or fun for a while. Let my story be a warning to you all.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Was doing so well the last few months, one teaspoon of coffee with my lexapro in the morning and one more teaspoon later as a booster, now its 9am and ive had 4 teaspoons and many more to come.. im guessing my brain is trying to correct something. If I hit the right amount at the right time I get a period of time where I feel godlike, other times its like mentioned I get so sleepy

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
We aren't supposed to drink milk, its for ba b y cows, its a scam to sell milk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Muk Dumpster posted:

milk, its for ba b y cows,

so you drink it every day right

:blastu:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Muk Dumpster posted:

We aren't supposed to drink milk, its for ba b y cows, its a scam to sell milk

I WAS RAISED ON THE DAIRY, BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqbvu8jZBOw

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Jeza posted:

I've never felt the effects of caffeine. The only time I recall noticing anything was when I made some Vietnamese coffee by steeping an entire bag of coffee for 24 hours. I drank like, 2 or 3 cups and forgot about it at 2pm. 12 hours later I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling, eyes wide open.

Stuff like jitters, any alteration in concentration or perception though, never. Yet I know people wired by a single coffee. poo poo's weird.

You’re a psycho. It’s the only One shot test. I’m getting the cops to triangulate your location right now before you murder any more people you sicko

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine was actually a coffee maker.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Archer666 posted:

Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine was actually a coffee maker.

:eyepop:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

1-2 cups of coffee in the morning with creamer because I've melted my stomach lining from years of coffee drinking, and maybe a cup of green tea in the afternoon with a small dot of honey if I'm still needing the boost.

About all that changes is in the summer time I switch to a cold brew instead of a coffee maker and ditch the creamer because the acidity is way less when made that way.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

got a pour over funnel and some fresh roasted light roast beans. gets me awake and it's actually delicious black.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Light roast or die

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
caffeine doesn't affect me, other than making me need to pee. also helps with headaches, which i learned while washing down excedrin with coke pre brain tumor removal.

i also hate coffee.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
the trick is to have your coffee at 5am, go to the gym, then go to work. two birds, one stone as they say

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

beer gas canister posted:

Light roast or die

This was such a huge revelation for me, so much more complexity in a light roast.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

beer gas canister posted:

Light roast or die

Absolutely yes, if you are not doing this, you are drinking coffee that tastes like Burnt. Why not drink ash from a fire in that case.

Has anyone tried that coffee made from beans they get from a monkey's butt?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Grump posted:

the trick is to have your coffee at 5am, go to the gym, then go to work. two birds, one stone as they say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEm08dsQOc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
currently consuming a quad latte :blastu:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thinking about having an afternoon cuppa.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Thinking about how I haven't had a Starbucks frappuchino since this whole lockdown started cause my city only has 1 Starbucks and its like 30 minutes away from me lol

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Thinking about having an afternoon cuppa.

why not just stop doing work the rest of the day instead?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grump posted:

why not just stop doing work the rest of the day instead?

https://youtu.be/OawrlVoQqSs

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Trying to take it down a noche and only drink a cup of coffee a day in the morning and some tea in the afternoon. I really crave coffee sometimes though. Tea is good, but it's just not the same

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m drinking the second cup now.

It’s good

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
you ever put coffee on a dicc?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My coffee journey has gone backwards lately. When I was living near Seattle I'd at least go to the store and buy beans and grind it there. Then maybe last year I was drinking pre-ground packaged stuff using my Clever Coffee Pot (4 minutes). I've never ground my own before. Then I switched to Kirkland Columbian coffee in a big can. Like bulk Taster's Choice but better. Now I'm drinking instant Nescafe.

:shrug:

I'm lazy and I think it's the Kirkland stuff that's not good anymore since it's like a gallon and I didn't go through it fast enough. It tastes kind of bitter now. I bet if I get some decent coffee I'd make my own again but instant is so easy and it's not terrible to me. Maybe I'll go to a store and grind some. I can't remember which grocery stores around here have grinders though.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I should get a pour over thing. I have this big drip machine but I only drink like 2-3 cups a weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Mozi posted:

i like Dr Enuf soda, just got a case ordered

I also enjoy slightly flat caffeinated 7-up.