Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
did you keep a blood pressure and pulse rate meter going and confirmed the rate didnt go up when compared to rate wo caff

cuz peeps say it but they just talk about their experience and not actual physical signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

sigher posted:

Is it possible for caffeine not to effect people? I drank plenty of soda in my teens and throughout my 20s and it never got me hyper or kept me awake, when I was really little yeah I'd be bouncing off of the loving walls. Now, being in my early 30s, I've reduced my soda intake to almost nothing (but god drat it I just can't seem to stop) and I've only just started drinking coffee but like... it doesn't do poo poo to me. I had a double espresso yesterday and I didn't feel like I got any energy out of it.

I'm probably dying aren't I?

Caffeine metabolization rate varies a lot. Some people get shakes from even looking at a bean, some people can drink liters of coffee without much effect. It's in your genes, not much you can do about it.

e: IRC nicotine greatly increases caffeine metabolization so, if you are smoking/vaping, you could try quitting. Also hormonal contraceptives, I think? Those gently caress with it too IRC

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 16, 2020

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I used to be a snob about coffee, then I lived in America for a semester and drank terrible Robusta coffee and now I only get the cheapest coffee from the grocery store and it's fine

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Re dose my no doz time

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I used to be a snob about coffee, then I lived in America for a semester and drank terrible Robusta coffee and now I only get the cheapest coffee from the grocery store and it's fine

I lm lucky enough to live by a really nice coffee place, and my next one is FREE

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Bach, a speed freak? You bet your rear end he was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nifUBDgPhl4

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
7pm no doz number 5 lol

Only one double coffee today too

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
No coffee today just no doz, feels cleaner

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Muk Dumpster posted:

7pm no doz number 5 lol

Only one double coffee today too
that seems like a lot

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
death for children, cutting it close for small women, just heart palpitations for grown men

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

numberoneposter posted:

that seems like a lot

7 coffees worth, average

I want to run away into the mountains and live off the land

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I feel alive and want to quit my job

Is this mania

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Muk Dumpster posted:

Is this mania

that's a stimulant high buckaroo, might wanna ease up on the throttle

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I wouldve had twice as much caffeine by now normally from coffee, I feel the most clear headed I have in years

Coffee is the devil, no doz is a lesser devil

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Muk Dumpster posted:

Is this mania

Do as many push ups as you can STAT

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Muk Dumpster posted:

Is this mania

No, this is your real true real self because your mind is finally working as intended. This is who you really are and you can do anything in this state like get a new job. Keep drinking. You might be one coffee away from a major breakthrough in your life.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what's a good matcha brand to look for

i just had a crazy good iced matcha latte with oatmilk and honey. seems like it's dumb simple to make but what's the good poo poo

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that activates pleasure centers in certain parts of the brain. Heroin and cocaine manipulate dopamine levels by slowing down the rate of dopamine reabsorption. Caffeine increases dopamine levels in the same way. Its effect is much weaker than heroin's, but the mechanism is the same. Researchers suspect that this dopamine connection is what contributes to caffeine addiction.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
We all junkies in here

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
2 no doz for breakfast now

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Muk Dumpster posted:

We all junkies in here

Thankfully coffee doesnt make me puke or steal stereos though.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Yet

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i heard of a guy who mixed no doz and doz once

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Brewing up a fat pot right now bitch

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://youtu.be/Q1gwkJP64xU

Gimme that morning brown

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The sun went down and I got immediately depressed. So I turned on my SAD lamp and took a caffeine pill with my caffeinated preworkout.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Had 2 no doz at midnight because I was bored, think I might go back to coffee

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
just bought a moka pot

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
it's good

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I had an energy drink that had 300mg of caffeine and then I had an edible and I am feeling pretty cool right now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GAYIDS posted:

I had an energy drink that had 300mg of caffeine and then I had an edible and I am feeling pretty cool right now

i liek BANG too its oK

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Alright imma give up caffeine for the hundredth and hopefully last time for new years resolution, I gave up energy drinks for new years eve 2017 and haven't had one since and my recent no doz consumption is pushing me to stop

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

I made a coffee negroni with this poo poo last night and got buzzed as gently caress because its got like twice as much caffeine as buckfast

What recipe did you use? I can't imagine coffee pairing well with sweet vermouth, Campari or gin.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Muk Dumpster posted:

Alright imma give up caffeine for the hundredth and hopefully last time for new years resolution, I gave up energy drinks for new years eve 2017 and haven't had one since and my recent no doz consumption is pushing me to stop

no doz is definitely a bad move imo, if you're a habit forming individual then its a bit too easy to take and you're prone to overdoing it. Like I at least have to force myself to make and drink a coffee which I think limits me somewhat.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Also coffee has some health benefits so you can lie to yourself and say that your 8th cup of the day is definitely health-promoting

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't drink enough water and if i didn't drink a bunch of drip coffee I would probably be properly dehydrated all the time.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I drink a lot of water AND coffee so I piss

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

i just had a crazy good iced matcha latte with oatmilk and honey. seems like it's dumb simple to make but what's the good poo poo

Costco sells a box of green leaf tea bags that has matcha in it. Legit matcha is really expensive

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Stevie Lee posted:

My spouse uses the matcha at Trader Joe's to approximate the Starbucks iced matcha latte (with milk and sweetner of your choice) and it is quite tasty. When I was a grad student, culinary matcha was a godsend and great way to get it.

Good matcha stands on its own but has a subtle enough flavor that adding milks and honeys would defeat the purpose.

If it was an independent coffee shop and there was a strong grassy note and the honey complimented a bitter note, I'd bet dollars to doughtnuts they are using a culinary matcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
5 no doz and 3 coffees, feels bad man.

No more