Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
3 years off energy drinks this month, was a 6 can a dayer

Still smash coffee by the tablespoon but at least it's healthier

I self medicate with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Was doing so well the last few months, one teaspoon of coffee with my lexapro in the morning and one more teaspoon later as a booster, now its 9am and ive had 4 teaspoons and many more to come.. im guessing my brain is trying to correct something. If I hit the right amount at the right time I get a period of time where I feel godlike, other times its like mentioned I get so sleepy

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
We aren't supposed to drink milk, its for ba b y cows, its a scam to sell milk

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Its 1:32 am and im bored might have a tablespoon just for a rush

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I start my day with a tablespoon if coffee in a little water and a escitalopram

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Caesar Saladin posted:

has anyone quit caffeine after a high level of daily consumption? like 5+ cups of coffee a day

Dude it's 9:30am and im on cup 6, ive given up many times, either cut down by 1 per day or go cold Turkey and just white knuckle it. Or drink aioli

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

GABA ghoul posted:

With such high doses it could literally kill you to just go cold turkey and no physician would ever recommend it. I would start to tapper down slowly. Like, day one 4 cups, day two 3 cups, etc.

Really hope this is a unobvious joke

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Welp im at the caffeine point where I could sleep and probably would panic if escitalopram didn't have some weird synergy that makes the anxiety stop at a certain point, realllly want to just walk out of work and buy a carton of beers and ciggies

Caffeine is not good for me, well not that it is bad but I abuse it and it doesn't make me feel good but im chasing some dragon to feel something

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
The real danger of caffeine is your body constantly having its cortisol levels boosted so if you stress easy it really messes with you, and the possibility it causes adrenal fatigue

The devils dandruff is a fickle mistress

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I feel like caffeine makes me feel bad but its also the only thing making me feel good

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
There were no cups left in the lunch room so I just put a tablespoon of coffee into my mouth and drank from the tap lmao

I wish I was poo poo posting

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Ok starting to feel a little euphoric, probably won't go into godlike territory but it only took 10 coffees or so to get here

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Just yelled out "my family loves me" loud enough for customers to hear, im idiot

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
There's no way you feel anything from one cup if you have a tolerance

Chase that fuckin dragon

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Welp ive crashed now, and ill do it all again tomorrow

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
And with a tablespoon down the hatch, the day begins again

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Gonna get no doz

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Report: maybe cos its 100mg dissolved slowly compared to 200mg+ in coffee form ive found it to be kinda chill, no manic anxiety, think ill swap to no doz permanently

Just have to regulate, last time I had them I was chewing them up and railing them while drinking, just gotta be good boy

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Re dose my no doz time

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
7pm no doz number 5 lol

Only one double coffee today too

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
No coffee today just no doz, feels cleaner

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

numberoneposter posted:

that seems like a lot

7 coffees worth, average

I want to run away into the mountains and live off the land

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I feel alive and want to quit my job

Is this mania

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I wouldve had twice as much caffeine by now normally from coffee, I feel the most clear headed I have in years

Coffee is the devil, no doz is a lesser devil

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that activates pleasure centers in certain parts of the brain. Heroin and cocaine manipulate dopamine levels by slowing down the rate of dopamine reabsorption. Caffeine increases dopamine levels in the same way. Its effect is much weaker than heroin's, but the mechanism is the same. Researchers suspect that this dopamine connection is what contributes to caffeine addiction.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
We all junkies in here

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
2 no doz for breakfast now

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Yet

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Had 2 no doz at midnight because I was bored, think I might go back to coffee

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Alright imma give up caffeine for the hundredth and hopefully last time for new years resolution, I gave up energy drinks for new years eve 2017 and haven't had one since and my recent no doz consumption is pushing me to stop

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
5 no doz and 3 coffees, feels bad man.

No more

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you should get more pills of lower dose nodoz and spread them out until turning em into coffee, thats how i got over the hump

Do they even make lower than 100mg

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Ok no nodoz today, will have sensible amounts of coffee a teaspoonat a time to prepare for new years cessation

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Yeah, I'm chasing a dragon

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I suppose its counter productive to my escitalopram to be having 800mg of anxiety fuel a day

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Ok 2 regular coffees and I don't feel like im losing my mind

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Down from 800mg to 500mg yesterday and 300mg today

Ugh

Headaches and anxiety

Know its a fast taper but oh well

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
3 coffees a day now, never ever ever touching no doz again!! On track for new years quitting!!

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Thanks man, down to 2!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
This is a cool article about how chronic caffeine use affects your brain