Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Just finding out about this, hoping it allows me a chance to check out some names I haven't heard of and hang out in the streams more. Wish the demo was a little less old white guy but you gotta work with what ya got I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I'm going to try and attend the streams for films I haven't seen before but probably only be able to do the film streamed first due to time zone difference.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Under the Skin caught me and dragged me in very easily, found it tense and thrilling throughout. One of the best horrors of the decade, art-house or not.

So far I've only seen 2 of the 9 movies so far so that's great. Felt like a little bit of a loser voting without seeing Cannibal World but I'm really not in the mood.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Is there anything worse than film directors that think they're funny? Charles Band is agonisingly uncool and bad. Corona Zombies is so monumentally lazy I want to scream.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

That's a shame. I flicked through the film readying it for streaming, and it looked quite fun, lazy of course, but fun.

Didn't help they use one of the most racist zombie films I've seen as a Rifftrax for 80% of the movie.

Also for anyone tempted to watch the Gasper Noe short Carne in preperation for I Walk Alone (it's sequel) there is a content warning which isn't loving around and animal slaughter is literally the next scene so be quick on your remotes. Could have went 2021 without seeing a horse being killed brutally myself, happy Veganuary.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I Stand Alone is an unpleasant watch but I guess that's the point. I was engaged most of the film which is more than can be said for the other two (outside the ending of BSB).

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I think I'm more of a fan of Argento than Giallo. I wish they were all psychedelic and crazy and scored by Goblin.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

5/6 are new but it's been an age since I saw War of the Worlds so I think I'll rewatch that this week anyway. Luckily my last uni assignment is due at 5pm and I'm free as a bird the next few weeks.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

4. (Franchescanado’s Femme Fatale) Claire Denis’ Trouble Every Day vs. 13. (STAC Goat’s Team “More 👏 Women 👏 Directors”) The Soska Sisters’ Rabid

Oh God, another french film! Trouble Every Day has actually been on my watchlist for awhile but man, do I need a break from the misery. Rabid’s not super light either but the Soska Sisters definitely have a different approach and made a remake that is very much its own thing, Still, do thy have a chance against a critical darling? Am I a little disappointed that 2 of the 4 women’s teams drew each other first round? Yeah, I am. But in truth my team really was just one i threw together with women I had left so whatcha gonna do? I could easily vote against both my teams this week. Should be interesting to see what the ladies bring. Hopefully no horse slaughters.

Availability:
Trouble Every Day
Rabid

Did these two teams unluckily get drawn against one another or is it by design to have one female director team for the latter stages of Bracketology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I couldn't keep up with watching the selections and doing uni work at the same time so dropped off this after a few weeks but kept my eye on the thread, fantastic work STAC Goat. Hope I can enjoy fully in the next one!