Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

I voted Tingler in that match-up anyway.

A werewolf of taste, I see.

Imprint was Miike's "Masters of Horror" episode, right? If so, that was terrible; I don't know how that would have managed to win, even with Deathdream potentially poaching a couple of votes from Castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I'm weirdly probably gonna watch the US Varan because I'm told its uniquely bad. Also its barely an hour.

The US localization of Varan will make you appreciate how respectful the Raymond Burr localization of Gojira really ended up being, for all its faults. It kind of throws into stark relief all of the pitfalls of that kind of US-centric localization - namely the paternalism and racism - that Godzilla, King of the Monsters! largely managed to avoid... and which Varan the Unbelievable just plunges headfirst into.

Hey, in that way its kind of fitting!

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Darthemed posted:

And I was all ready with a joke about how the mummy was gonna invade the thread if Mark of the Vampire won. Because in that case, of course, TANA leaves.

This only would have worked if the two teams were reversed in the seeding, because then it would be #9 TANA leaves.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

The full length Death Proof is not a bad movie on its own, but it is the worst Quentin Tarantino movie. So, it has that going for it?

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

The closure is that Patrick Bateman is a loon, but also that the 1980s were such a period of drug-addled self-delusional self-absorbed lunacy and bigotry that Bateman's brand of violent fantasia and self-aggrandizement is not only tacitly approved but out and out rewarded. Which denies Bateman his own sense of self-closure, as he will seemingly go on in such a self-perpetuating system forever, with no one around to check his impulses or even recognize his growing insanity, since they're all treated as a mild joke to be mildly tolerated and quickly ignored.