Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

Real talk, I have sat down to watch Scanners three times for this challenge, and have fallen asleep at the half-way point each time.

That has been my history with the film for years. I can't not fall asleep to it. It's like cinematic melatonin for me. On Tuesday, I was like "I'm doing it! I'm staying awake! This is exciting! Ha ha, yes!" and then Robert Silverman's character is murdered, I blacked out and woke up to the end credits.

So tonight I'll try once again, from Silverman's death, to watch it to it's conclusion.

I dont think Scanners is very good. Its almost good but its boring due to the lead. Ironside is awesome but it doesn't make up for the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

The better Scanners is Brian De Palma’s The Fury.

I can’t recognize who also made that connection on Discord, but I share that conclusion.

This makes me want to watch that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death Proof is one of the most underrated Tarantino’s. Right now I put it higher than pulp fiction.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The closure is that Patrick Bateman is a loon

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I vote for belladonna. I barely watched it but what i saw from the scorpion movie, yikes. That was a garbage 15 mins for me.