Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I played a ton of games for a short time, and a few games for a long time. What I'm saying is that my #1 and #2 have probably 80% of my gaming all 2020. And I only got my #2 in November.

Honorable Mentions:
FF7R, which probably would be on my list if I had interest in it and thus played it, but honestly I didn't, so I didn't. Game looks cool as heck tho.
Fall Guys should be on this list. It’s not 1000% because I really like Kamala Khan.
Marvel's Avengers: This game was not by any objective measure "good," and I will not defend the game in any real measure, because it is a bad game. That said, the story mode was a very good introduction to my favorite character from comics, and Kamala Khan was a blast to play as. I haven't even touched it since I levelled her up to 50, but it was fun to play while I played it.

10) Indivisible (PS4) -

Says it all, really.

9) Super Mario 35 (Nintendo Switch) -

Docked 3 places because I disagree with the limited release model, but this game is fun. I really like the original SMB, and this twist is a blast. I don't play it much anymore because two other games further down the list take up a majority of my playtime, but for about 3 weeks it was my life.

8) Baba is You (Steam) -

Game is Fun.

7) Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nintendo Switch) -

I really liked Breath of the Wild when it came out, especially the characters. The interactions between The Champions and The New Champions was basically all I wanted from this game. It's not as good as the original Hyrule Warriors, but it's still super fun, and I am excited to see what they do with it.

6) Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Nintendo Switch) -

This game was so bad at launch, so I didn't have high hopes for it. However, when the latest DLC season started, I heard good things about what had happened since then, and I checked it out, and it was actually really really fun! I'm glad I started it again, and the story mode, covering the popular Shattered Grid comic storyline, was actually really neat. They've been adding some of my favorite rangers and villains to the game, and I'm excited to see what they do next. Second best Power Rangers game of the past few years.

5) Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Nintendo Switch) -

Still the greatest JRPG of all time. Still the single greatest final boss theme. Any other year it might have even been my #1. Behind my top 3 because it's not as replayable, which is a shame because of how much I love this game. Behind #4 because it is a remake, and not a new game.

4) Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4) -

Got this on sale last week, and I've been blazing through it. This game rules and everything everyone in this thread has said about this game is true. I love everybody in this game so much.

3) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (PS4) -

The best remake (that I played) of 2020. This game takes most everything I've enjoyed in the franchise and allows me to enjoy it again. I would've placed this on the list if it was just the two games with mechanical improvements, but the implementation of create-a-skater (my skater chosen as the image for this game) is always a plus.

2) Hades (Nintendo Switch) -

Supergiant release a Dusa plushie.

1) Final Fantasy IV Free Enterprise (SNES Romhack) -

Take one of the best games of all time, and remove all of the chaff. Break it to its base components, and then twist these base components around to a point where it's unrecognizable. Final Fantasy IV Free Enterprise is a Final Fantasy 4 Randomizer, wherein you start the game with the Enterprise airship. The general goal is to obtain the Crystal and defeat Zeromu-- Animalsmu-- Fliptablemu-- one of over 100 sprites that replaces the final boss sprite. With so many ways to play this, this game has been both the game I have played the most of, and the game I still go back to and am willing to play again, and again.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Relax Or DIE posted:

Free enterprise is incredibly cool, someday I'll put in the effort to learn how to play it

My general tip is to use the objective modes to make a "5 random objectives, complete 3 to win the game" to learn the various objectives, without having to worry about building for Zeromus.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Played enough Yakoozer to put it on my list now, so I updated my list.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xarbala posted:

There are merits to both jumping into YLAD blind and going in after experiencing the rest of the series, and any degree of experience in between.

I went in knowing a tiny amount about the series from osmosis and it's been a blast.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've changed my wallpaper for the first time in four years to an image from Like a Dragon, for reference as to how much I like it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hammer Bro. posted:

How's the English dub? And actually, how many unvoiced lines are there?

It's very good. Kaiji Tang is a very good Ichiban, and they got fuckin George Takei as Masumi Arakawa. A few weak spots, but overall a very good one. I've heard phenomenal praise for the Japanese VA but I'm more of a dub guy.

I'd say about 1/3-1/2 of the lines are voiced, the rest are those "generic grunts that indicate the tone of voice" voice clips.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Real hurthling! posted:

You should get robobot

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
As of about 2 hours ago I've actually completed Yakuza: Like a Dragon: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness, and I'm pleased to announce it's an excellent game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My Create-a-Skater is wearing her sunday best.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Escobarbarian posted:

Every time someone posts a song I am adding it to a playlist I am listening to atm while reading this thread and drinking so please post more songs preferably that aren't awful thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DuWvmyqzY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Trials of Mana, brought to you by the letter E

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

exquisite tea posted:

It's good. Angela rules.

E

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fridge corn posted:

I'm gonna start playing trials of mana tomorrow

Have fun! I had a blast. Only reason it wasn't on my list is that 2020 was 5 hell years put into 1 and I forgot it came out this year lmao.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
THPS 1+2 is a blast and I still play it. I'm also very bad at it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Iirc that was my first game I voted for that showed up so the rest are top 20 or below like 75

Nevermind I voted for Age of Calamity I'm dumb.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hell yeah Streets of Rage 4

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Entenzahn posted:

lifetime achievement award for knack

Hell yeah good job to Knack

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can guess the final 3 and their order, and am kinda sad about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Arist posted:

My guess was Yakuza #3, FFVIIR #2, Hades #1

We'll see.

I had it the opposite

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-zAPydfP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Giving out GOTY probes quote me for one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)