Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

6. Final Fantasy 7: Remake
Too much Sephiroth, padded to gently caress. But pretty fun even despite significant flaws.
5. Genshin Impact
The gacha adds nothing to this game and it would be better without it. Still liked it.
4. Trials of Mana
Fun, probably over priced for the content but fun.
3. Ghost of Tsushima
Very fun, very pretty, don't have my PS5 yet but can only imagine that this game is even better at 60fps. Platinumed it and don't regret it.
2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Everything good about Yakuza with a very ballsy and successful combat system shake up.
1. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Timeless classic. This game will still look amazing in 2040, it'll still sound amazing, it has a great story and the RTS elements are fun too, I'd even say they're perfectly paced.

Dishonourable mentions (i know negativity isn't technically allowed but gently caress crunch and gently caress transphobia):
1.Last of Us Part 2
Games made with heavy crunch that use trans people the target of abuse and dead name them should not be celebrated. This game uses the very real violence trans people use as set dressing and revels in it. It sucks and I hate that this criticism is drowned out by people rightfully calling out the fascist incels because this game has an LGBTQ+ protagonist and gets poo poo on because of that. It has drowned out the very real problems this game has with representation, where minorities are used to fuel drama for the white protagonists. It genuinely loves to show asian, black or hispanic characters getting shot out of the blue for shock value. gently caress that.

2. Cyberpunk 2077
I've not played this yet but it was made with heavy crunch and uses trans people as set dressing so that's a no from me. I will play it to educate myself fully on how it handles these issues but the crunch alone makes it a dishonourable mention.

Game of the Year Emeritus

Dragon Quest XI: S
Play this poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

everyone should buy 13 sentinels

and bloodborne so that they make a heckin ps5 patch!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

13 Sentinels is gonna do respectably but I don't think it's been on nearly as many lists as Hades

i vote for all games that are not hades' votes to count for 13 sentinels so that both games can have the respect they are owed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want to like ff7 remake as much as most people seem to like it

maybe i will replay it v soon