Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Just downloaded it yesterday. So far it looks incredibly sweet. According to my graphic card program, I am getting 240 fps on the highest settings, which sounds well optimized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So far, this game evokes some feelings of 90s Rare games. It's really cartoony, but that is charming. I like how Fenyx is a complete mythology geek, and how much excitement she gets from all of this.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ketchup vs catsup posted:

how are people going about knocking this game down?

I've finished Aphrodite's story, but there's still ~6-8 vaults in her area I haven't completely finished, and a small handful of guarded or epic chests I haven't opened.

at first my plan was to completely finish Aphrodite's area before moving on, but some of the vaults are just no fun.

I completed Aphrodite's whole area, before bothering to do her quests. After I did that, I started wildly oscillating between all other areas and completing things in weird orders. That's really fun.

Some of those vaults kinda sucked, but on principle, I try to cheese as much as I possible can in there. If I can get unreasonable heights with Ares spear and skip whole parts with that statue ability, I totally do that. Even if the standard solution is simpler. Trying to break those puzzles apart scratches an itch I hadn't felt since Talos Principle, where that is actually required. (Incidentally, Talos is a small boss in the game.)

Also, I think it helps to have a thorough look when entering vaults so you wont miss any chests on the first go round.

There are so many great outfits and weapon styles in this game, that I keep switching around. I am a big fan of the chimera armor and the harpy armor because they are so ridiculously colorful and that purple matches well with the dark pink pixie cut my character uses.
Actually let me make some pics.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rosalind posted:

Also people should post their Fenyxes! Here's mine:

Usually I don't really care for appearance in games, but it's quite fun here. It also really helps that Ubisoft let's you customize the appearances separately from the stats. That was also really great in AC: Odyssee.

Here are some shots of my usual outfits ordered by action-shotiness.
(Spoilered just in case someone wants to first see that stuff themselves.)

Love those gloves!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 13, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is this a good BOTW kock-off, or just a by the numbers thing

It's a good, super colorful and fun game with a lot of mobility.
It doesn't really delve deep into the story, but it really likes introducing you to obscure parts if greek mythology. I really wish it had a codex, where you could look up more about the people and events which are mentioned.

Playing this game feels a bit like beeing in a theme park, because those puzzles are quite close to each other. But that's totally intentional. I remember in ACO I sometimes had to ride for five minutes just to reach some blip on a dead end of the map. And while that environment may have been pretty, that experience kinda sucked.

There's one vault which is the biggest physics bullshit. It's on an northeastern island. You're actually supposed to fling such a giant ball around with the hammer. That interaction felt so inconsistent that the whole vault felt like I am cheesing it in a harder way. In the end, that vault was fun, but it's definitely the hardest. Quite long too.

I am about done with the game. Completed everything I could find on the main island. Just the two mountains remain. I am still finding armor variations which absolutely rock.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 20, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
For those who are on the verge of buying this on PC.
Ubisoft is doing a big winter sale right now with -33% percent minus an additional 20% for a promocode celebrating that 2020 is almost gone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I am 100% finished now. What an enjoyable game. The final story beats were a bit weird, though.
"By the way, you're a half god and Hermes's daughter."
One minute later: "Surprise twist, your father is actually Zeus."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ghostinmyshell posted:

I do think it is fantastic that a lot of the canned animations for things like opening a chest are not always the same and a little different. My favorite is when the portal just throws the coin in her face. I'm definitely glad I got this over Valhalla, I needed an nuAssCreed-lite experience and this is good enough.

I do like when Fenyx tries to be cool by opening a chest with a hit from above, like she's activating a jukebox, only to hurt her hand. She's just such a geeky goof.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just go as wild as you like. You can basically play 90% of the game without touching the main story, without any real repercussions.
In fact it's always great to do that for the occasional "go kill that guy, please."-"Oh that guy? Yeah I sorta did that already..."-dialogue. I do love how there are separate voice lines for those situations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

I just use my memory

It’s a memory puzzle, usually with 4-6 things to remember

If you can remember a phone number you can remember “4121” or something come on

I tried to challenge my memory with those by not immediately returning to the big lyre and doing a vault or two first. I am usually really bad at memorizing arbitrary things like phone numbers or pins, but it worked quite well. I think I had to return to two of those lyres because I had some notes jumbled.
Those are just short sequences with only four notes, so it is way easier to remember than some telephone number like 0246493615.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Wow apparently this game not only has cross-gen saves, but cross-platform saves too. I hope that continues with future Ubi games.

That's the advantage of stuff like Uplay. Ubisoft gets to know your precious game data wherever you go, because all is connected in their digital spiderweb. Apparently Valhalla can do that too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I will probably play the Fenyx DLC, but after 100 percenting the game I don't feel a reason to touch it again until that arives.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

J-Spot posted:

The best thing for this and the other combo achievement is the Brood of Typhon armor which I believe is found in a vault in War Den during the critical path. At level 4 it adds a perk that has a 10% chance of adding +12 the combo meter and I think that percentage can be increased to as high as 40%. You can end up with massive combos after a few sword swings.

Yeah it's this. In the end i would amass combos in the high hundreds with this. It synergizes really well with multi hit attacks like Athenas spear. Plus that armor looks amazing with wobbly shoulder tounge. Honestly, I didn't even notice that achievement, because I was just wearing that armor for a while in the midgame and must have randomly gotten it from swatting harpies.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Theres also a challenge to get 150 armour pieces. There's 152 in the game which means beating the bitchiest vaults. So gently caress that.
I do sorta wonder if stuff like preorder armor, paid DLC or the weekly stuff you can buy from Hermes factors into th8s count, since those are additional.
I got that challenge just barely. I think I missed a few vaults, I could not find.

But if you're really eager to 100 percent it, you can just complete the armor by popping into new game + and opening the chests which you already got on the first run. I think that gives you a new variation of that armor.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 4, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The first DLC has been released now. I think I will buy it today. Also there's a demo of the game now, if you want to try it out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm about halfway through and to be honest, the DLC is a bit tedious. There is one hub area without much to do and all gods send you into a couple of places similar to the vaults of Tartarus. Also the game assumes that you play this DLC after the main game. That means all your stats are maxed out. The really annoying part about this is that it implies that all puzzles are designed with this in mind. i.e. you can't really abuse your skills to break those puzzles at all.

Quite stunning visuals though.

Basically, if you want more vault-puzzles this DLC is for you.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah. In total I would not recommend this DLC. It had some charming scenes and some clever puzzles, and there was one DLC vault which is really creative and fun, but overall it felt like work. I guess I liked the exploration aspects of the game way more than the vaults. Especially if you have to do them one after another. All of those are quite long and there are about 25 of those and not much else. Quite unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC is out now.
Apparently it's mediocre. I guess I'll pass.