Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Gotta say, the combat in this game is really solid and fun for a Ubisoft title

Plays really well on the PS5 too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

There's some sucky shrines for sure, the best thing to do is to skip them if you start to get frustrated. There's a menu option for that. I wasted an hour on stacking four of those wooden crate bastards on top of each other for a shrine chest and in hindsight I wish I hadn't because who cares if you're missing a few optional rewards here and there.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

One of the demigod soldiers shouting “You have minmaxed well!” at Fenyx near the end of the game was the high point for me.

I loved playing it all the way through but I don’t think I have the endurance to see if new game+ changes the ending.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It's a drat shame too because with better direction and acting and some fifth wall breaking by calling out the player on every stupid mistake it could have been amazing.

The fakeout near the start set my expectations high for comedy but it did not follow up on it at all :/

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The statue ability is fun because it lets you cheat at a bunch of the puzzles and save tons of time but since you can only have one statue at a time and creating a new one makes the old statue crumble it can have disastrous effects if you try to cheat twice in the same vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don’t think I would have liked the game as much playing on a higher difficulty, I finished the game on easy with just a couple armor upgrades and maxed out weapons. I could still die if I did something stupid but it certainly removes the need to grind before progressing.

The game is more than long enough as it is.