Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Axe-man posted:

Literally reddits layout and format is the worst poo poo ever. The entire concept of upvotes mean i trust the community to filter the content for me, which to this day has never been correct. Slashdot at least tried post organization instead of randomly blocking and revealing posts.

Basically, communities are poo poo for determining what I actually care and want to see.

Twitter is another good example of a terrible idea meant to give infinity content that fails miserably on me.

My algorithm is so hosed my suggested posts there are 5.

It's for amplifying, not filtering. It creates echo chambers by design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
e: poo poo wrong thread, sorry

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
fark is the bastard child of sa and :reddit:

i hope someone mods in the train stations so i can ride the trains

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

itry posted:

It's for amplifying, not filtering. It creates echo chambers by design.

Welp I am an old man screaming at the clouds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Palpek posted:

Sure that guy sucks for talking about CP77, he should just forget about its existence like everybody else lol.

Anyway, I like watching a relatively short video like that from time to time exactly because I'm not going to read different articles, chase down dev streams and read subreddit posts. Not twice a week but if that kind of schedule is what it takes for this kind of content to get regualarly produced when I remember about the game next time then I have no weird self-owns for the one dude who's making them. It wouldn't be needed if CDPR communicated with the public officially instead of letting their devs only talk about the game during obscure live streams but it is what it is.

this. i am curious about updates and id like to see some sort of actual resurrections of the game. i think its a fun/tragic story about hubris and Mangers loving up and gutting their golden goose.

The Gadfly posted:

I think people were sold on a vision, and some aspects of the game like the world building are good enough to still have hope.

Honestly, there is still hope now that CDPR hired modders and seem to be pushing in a modding direction. If they can bring the equivalent of the Bethesda Creation Kit to the game, then it will actually possible for people to fill the game with things that the developers probably wanted to implement but didn't have time or cut from the game. They can still mismanage the modders though and have them waste tons of time supporting old consoles, so I wouldn't be surprised if the management hosed this up too as they did with a lot of the management decisions that led to the game being rushed in the first place.

yeah. best case at this point is we get some new gen version with a bunch of poo poo reworked and maybe some dlc. idk if we will get an addon but whatever.

honestly at this point. i am fine with new gen port and some mechanical changes and some stupid free poo poo.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

i hope someone mods in the train stations so i can ride the trains
:same:

Couldn't hold out for expansions any longer so I started a lightly modded "maximum immersion" run with most of the UI and the minimap disabled (this takes a little mod tweaking so you don't miss quest prompts), never using third person in vehicles, and never fast traveling. I've been actually learning the city layout and seeing a ton of details I missed earlier by just following the minimap. It's nice. Just wish I had a better graphics card to be able to play the game with RTX and better graphics.

I'm also using that Full Gameplay Rebalance mod and it's been pretty fun, though even on hard I can pretty much one-shot headshot most enemies with a silenced revolver from stealth. Also seeing very few glitches or issues post-1.3, and I think most of what I am seeing is attributable to mods rather than the game itself.

Wish there was a mod that just removed junk items though. I've given myself unlimited carry weight and I'm just cheating money in small increments so I don't have to constantly break gameplay flow by backtracking and hoovering up every junk item I see to sell for upgrade/fashion money.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The scrapper perk should not waste those 700eb medallions or those kinds of junk items should give actually good components, imo.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That's kind of a BS consequence for taking the autoscrap perk. It'd be cool if you could set a cash value below which all junk is scrapped. Or if they just categorised valuable junk items as something other than junk. Treasure, or whatever

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like if it gave parts on par with the value of the thing it could be worth it. Not really "realistic" if you have like a rare old yin yang or something that isn't made of platinum cyber nanoenamels or whatever, but it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

That way you don't have to insert an entire new category to the game, god only knows how that information is stored and it could be a simple fix or some kind of thing where you need to adjust the database and all this kinda pain in the rear end idk.
if junk.eb > threshold then return else melt(junk) end should be a line you can shove into the game? gently caress if i know. What even is the best practice for UI related to optional perks? :shrug:

The only junk I remember seeing was either 3eb trash or like 100+, so maybe you would want to just specify the threshold based off the distribution of all the loot values, which should be something devs can pull easy enough?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Sachant posted:

Wish there was a mod that just removed junk items though. I've given myself unlimited carry weight and I'm just cheating money in small increments so I don't have to constantly break gameplay flow by backtracking and hoovering up every junk item I see to sell for upgrade/fashion money.

djkovrik's Muted Markers mod lets you control loot visibility, even if it doesn't remove them.

2house2fly posted:

That's kind of a BS consequence for taking the autoscrap perk. It'd be cool if you could set a cash value below which all junk is scrapped. Or if they just categorised valuable junk items as something other than junk. Treasure, or whatever

djkovrik's Smarter Scrapper will do that.

If you don't take the perk the Trash Be Gone mod gives you a key to disassemble all your trash in one go, which I updated to not disassemble stuff over $25 in value here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3950404&pagenumber=1023&perpage=40#post516219630

E: Whoops, a comment on Trash Be Gone says my edit is no longer working post-1.3 patch. So ignore that, unable to fix it right now.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 7, 2021

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I finally got around to getting other endings and goddamn, "The Devil" is a cool ending.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s just very stupid that the game doesn’t have a “Treasure” or “Loot” designation. There’s absolutely no reason to treat $7,000 Diamond Tiaras like a common back-alley dildo

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sachant posted:

You could try using AlmostAutoLoot + InventoryMaid to almost completely automate the process. I think the person behind AlmostAutoLoot said they'll be adding filter options.

Axe-man posted:

Welp I am an old man screaming at the clouds.

Not saying that it's good. I deslike that stuff too.

itry fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 7, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Scrap the scrapper perk and remove 99% of the loot, IMO. Hoovering up cans from the ground isn't really fun gameplay.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo, CDPR related sort of, but the Anime Netflix Witcher movie is loving sweet! It’s about Vessemir and the fall of Kar Morhen and how it’s kinda all his fault for being too greedy and hot. A really great watch, just loved it!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wonder when we’ll get the cyberpunk animes they announced eons ago

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Rinkles posted:

Can't decide if the answer is *crickets* or straight-up *tumbleweed*.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
the series was announced last year with a release date of 2022

I know the pandemic has distorted time but christ, eons?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

apologies, i was exaggerating, but yes it feels like an eternity ago

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rinkles posted:

apologies, i was exaggerating, but yes it feels like an eternity ago

It's ok to use a turn of phrase, ignore pedants. No one actually thought you meant literal eons I don't know why that poster felt the need.

E: oh poo poo the dev. Stop being sensitive. Look again at how inoffensive this post is

Rinkles posted:

Why was that worth a 'well, actually...'???

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 7, 2021

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I liked the Castlevania anime on Netflix, is the Cyberpunk one being done by the same team?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Robobot posted:

I liked the Castlevania anime on Netflix, is the Cyberpunk one being done by the same team?

No but I would put the animation at a similar just-not-quite-as-good but still excellent and exciting. It says it was drawn in South Korea. As a big Witcher video game nerd I was really into it, I kinda want to go back and play W3 fresh to spend more time with Vessemir. I just sort of assumed he was always kind of a dad-bod, seeing him as a totally chiseled snack just going full mutant on all these monsters was sweet!

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

v1ld posted:

djkovrik's Muted Markers mod lets you control loot visibility, even if it doesn't remove them.
Ended up going with Limited HUD, which lets you configure stuff to be on a hotkey or not. I have pretty much all UI disabled except for world markers (loot and objective) on a hotkey and a few other things visible while I'm in the scanner. Really enjoying playing this way.

Doing a short playthrough so I'm really just gunning down the Takemura/Hanako plotline without doing the others. It's interesting how different things are when you don't meet a lot of the usual characters (Panam is completely absent for me so far). I think the game has more C&C than people give it credit for, just that a lot of the C&C is in the form of "do thing or don't do thing" rather than "do thing A or do thing B no take-backs", and completionists are always going to want to do the thing so they get similar outcomes. But for a second playthrough where you're not just trying to experience everything, there's some interesting replay value.

EDIT: Oh also I'm not going to dig it up but earlier in the thread I remember a post about the shards you pick up at crime scenes all being samey and I'm seeing that a lot now that I'm reading them.

DEAD GUY: I've got the thing that explains why I'm dead.
KILLER: Give me the thing.
DEAD GUY: If I don't you'll kill me.
DEAD GUY: I'm not going to give it to you.
KILLER: Okay you didn't give it to me so I'm going to kill you.
KILLER: You are dead now.

Some of them are funny but I don't think every crime scene necessarily needed one of these shards.

Sachant fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 7, 2021

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sachant posted:

EDIT: Oh also I'm not going to dig it up but earlier in the thread I remember a post about the shards you pick up at crime scenes all being samey and I'm seeing that a lot now that I'm reading them.

DEAD GUY: I've got the thing that explains why I'm dead.
KILLER: Give me the thing.
DEAD GUY: If I don't you'll kill me.
DEAD GUY: I'm not going to give it to you.
KILLER: Okay you didn't give it to me so I'm going to kill you.
KILLER: You are dead now.

Some of them are funny but I don't think every crime scene necessarily needed one of these shards.

"Be careful choom. Choom? Pick up choom!!! CHOOOOOM!"

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's ok to use a turn of phrase, ignore pedants. No one actually thought you meant literal eons I don't know why that poster felt the need.

E: oh poo poo the dev. Stop being sensitive. Look again at how inoffensive this post is

Why was that worth a 'well, actually...'???

Can't imagine why a dev on this game might be a little sensitive to hyperbole, no sirree

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
answering questions is pedantry, everyone's known that

for eons

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sachant posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CyberpunkDatamine/comments/phj26o/the_lost_epilogue_of_cyberpunk_2077/

Always think these posts are neat. Wonder what this ending/epilogue actually played out like.

deleted, what was the gist?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A bunch of in game code references to a potential ending quest mostly with a supposed NPC name and a looooot of speculation about what it was intended to be, it was mostly fan fiction tbh

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

deleted, what was the gist?

Oh weird. They nuked their entire account. Wonder why, since it was just cool datamine stuff from what I'd seen.

Anyway, it broke down some files from a partially complete but unused epilogue path that supposedly had you and River hunting down a criminal of some sort. The criminal in question, oddly enough, had the same name of the cat near Vik/Misty's, "Mr. Brightman".

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
It was basically someone making up a story to fit around a file name they found in an "epilogue" file folder that didn't line up to any of the current endings. Maybe it was something, maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if there were originally plans for each love interest to be able to help you out in the ending missions but they never made it very far with the idea.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Updated the edited version of the Trash Be Gone mod that doesn't dissassemble the more expensive items: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GZyB35NpJH7gRJJ1h5fAOb0uPiif7yK/view?usp=sharing

This lets you use the 'T' key while in the backpack section of your inventory to auto-disassemble all your junk items that cost < $25. The good stuff is $750 and will be preserved to sell.

Now works with the latest redscript and patch 1.3.

Changes:
- Only disassembles items worth less than $25 (can be tweaked by editing main.reds). This is the vast majority of junk, but keeps the valuable $750 items for selling.
- Disassembles duplicates in one go. No need to run it multiple times.
- Changed the key to the one used for the World Map's time skip ('T' by default), since TAB is used for another function now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

v1ld posted:

Updated the edited version of the Trash Be Gone mod that doesn't dissassemble the more expensive items: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GZyB35NpJH7gRJJ1h5fAOb0uPiif7yK/view?usp=sharing

This lets you use the 'T' key while in the backpack section of your inventory to auto-disassemble all your junk items that cost < $25. The good stuff is $750 and will be preserved to sell.

Now works with the latest redscript and patch 1.3.

Changes:
- Only disassembles items worth less than $25 (can be tweaked by editing main.reds). This is the vast majority of junk, but keeps the valuable $750 items for selling.
- Disassembles duplicates in one go. No need to run it multiple times.
- Changed the key to the one used for the World Map's time skip ('T' by default), since TAB is used for another function now.

As someone that only has the PlayStation version, does CP77 have an MCM equivalent yet?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

As someone that only has the PlayStation version, does CP77 have an MCM equivalent yet?

Not quite, but it's a lot more flexible in CP 2077 than in the Beth games. Script-based mods can use two different methods to modify or add code to the game: Cyber Engine Tweaks (CET) and redscript.

CET comes with a built in UI that can be used to create pretty sophisticated UIs for your mods with very little work. Those UIs don't integrate with the game's UI, but are called up by pressing a key or your choice. Here're my current CET mod UIs:

The Quick Tweaks UI sitting next to Respector in top-center is super powerful for example: it does an incremental (Google-like) live search over all of the game's objects and you can then use it to do a bunch of powerful stuff. Well beyond the MCM menu, more like the recent Settings menu for Stewie's Tweaks in FNV. But this has more flexibility and power than the Beth games because you have full access to a regular programming language than the limitations of a Beth modding set up. Though all of NVSE addons for FNV for eg close that gap somewhat. Actually, a very direct comparison to CET is mwse-lua for Morrowind - they both expose core scripting functionality via Lua, functionality well beyond what you can access in a traditional script sitting in an esp.

Redscript has even more low level access in some ways - but I haven't looked closely of late and don't know if it truly has more power than CET. But you do come across redscript mods that directly extend or change the game's built in UI in ways that MCM or Beth engine mods can't do or cannot do without a hell of a lot of effort.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cool. Thanks for the detailed response.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Here're some examples of CET and redscript UI tweaking.

The "Z (Sell)" button prompt bottom right is added by the Neu-respec mod, a redscript-based mod. Lets you dynamically lower the value of that attribute instead of sell all like the game supposedly added in 1.3.

Same mod adding a remove perk option, bottom right:

The wonderful Respector mod's Quick Tweaks in action. I've entered "psa" as the search string and it dynamically offers me those three options. I've selected the Epic variant and the mod is offering me the chance to craft it.

There's a lot of power in these seemingly simple UIs.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

dyzzy posted:

A bunch of in game code references to a potential ending quest mostly with a supposed NPC name and a looooot of speculation about what it was intended to be, it was mostly fan fiction tbh

Fan fiction is right... a bunch of NPC names, items in a location, boom here's a wall of text describing what the developers obviously intended.

I would've deleted it too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’d love for the game to have the kind of modding longevity we expect from Bethesda games. Good to know many of the tools are already there.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Witcher 3 is still getting mods and updates to mods. CP 2077 has even more sophisticated tools already, in some part due to the community's experience with the earlier game.

Of course, those tools for scripting are great for changing up gameplay but there's nothing at the level of a GECK or equivalent to modify the world. CDPR is simply not as cooperative or giving a company when it comes to modding - they've released some very simple unpacking tools and the like, stuff goons like Gibbed seem to reverse engineer in no time.

Not saying it's not a cool gesture - it is. But it's sadly just a gesture in many ways.

Beth's underlying Gamebryo monstrosity is a hulking nightmare that needs to be put to rest when it comes to the functionality available for scripting - but they do give you the whole shebang, including tools to create and modify the world. Hence all those quality quest and world mods for those games.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
These UI mods are cool as hell, i was working on a morrowind mod and immediately found myself in a real morass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, having a UI library integrated into the scripting framework is just so convenient - for both modder and player. Modder gets to do a nice UI for configuration with little friction, players get a common UI across all their CET mods.

Being an ImGui based library is neat too, it's small and not much effort to get a simple UI together. Here's the code in Wear What You Want to produce this simple ui:

Here's the ImGui code in C# for a similar UI in a PF:K mod I did. Here too the mod manager provided the embedded ImGui library so I could just get on with the mod and the config UI.

Wonder if the mwse-lua folks could work in a ImGui library in a similar fashion to CET: an overlay that contains your mod UIs. It'd take you out of the game's wonderfully immersive UI, but it's worth giving up some immersion for easy configurability.