Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Might be less a question of the capabilities of the tools, and more the time and effort required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Yeah the BD sequences were apparently some of the hardest things to make, something about having to set up the animations and blocking for the entire scene and then having to go in and figure out where it needed adjustment, repeating the process until it ended up right.

Hopefully they can come up with some engineered solutions to improve the process going forward, hoping BDs can be expanded upon somehow even though they're apparently a pain to create

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well maybe something a bit less ambitious. I got thinking how there's hopefully vehicular combat coming. Maybe instead of meticulously blocking out 1st person BDs someone could make a Badlands Rumble car combat quest and then put the brain dance launching effects around it but you play it as regular gameplay.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/6319

Lol someone added a stock market mechanic to the game. Maybe we're not so far off from people cramming a billion Yakuza style minigames in after all.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol someone added a stock market mechanic to the game. Maybe we're not so far off from people cramming a billion Yakuza style minigames in after all.

Been using it in my Corpo apartment :allears:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
n/m

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Man I can't believe they would miss the point so badly. The stocks don't matter, money doesn't matter, interacting with the game in a way that sparks interesting reactions and novel developments doesn't matter. This game is meant to be a stern rebuke of the players intentions and that's IT.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

This is just great! I'll do this when I start a Corpo run that works with Hanako.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just finished Search and Destroy again.

Fuuuuuuuck, I can't do it. I can't be a dick to Johnny all the time. I'm still gonna go for the Hanako ending but drat this is gonna hurt. I've been antagonistic with Johnny every chance I can get and it has been really fun seeing just how nasty he and V can be to each other. But even I have my limits and cutting myself off from content is one of them. So I'll be kind of nice to Johnny. Just a bit.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've put an unholy amount of hours into this game, having done everything so far except the secret ending (which I think is beyond me unless I tone down the difficulty level, which would feel like cheating). By the end of my current run I felt like capping out all my skills for the heck of it. Problem is, I'm about 15k XP short of level 20 in Breach and there's basically nothing left in the game I can use it on. Everything I've ever breached stays breached forever, random enemy spawns like Valentino Alley are immune, and I doubt there's enough untapped access points left to cover it. Am I just screwed there?

Handguns also gets XP frustratingly slowly compared to every other weapon, but at least it could still be grinded out.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Thundarr posted:

I've put an unholy amount of hours into this game, having done everything so far except the secret ending (which I think is beyond me unless I tone down the difficulty level, which would feel like cheating). By the end of my current run I felt like capping out all my skills for the heck of it. Problem is, I'm about 15k XP short of level 20 in Breach and there's basically nothing left in the game I can use it on. Everything I've ever breached stays breached forever, random enemy spawns like Valentino Alley are immune, and I doubt there's enough untapped access points left to cover it. Am I just screwed there?

Handguns also gets XP frustratingly slowly compared to every other weapon, but at least it could still be grinded out.

If you're on PC, you're obviously not screwed (hacks/mods). If you're on consoles... the guards at the checkpoint south of the city infinitely respawn and there's a ton of turrets to hack there and they always spawn a flying robot or two when you attack them. I think that should give you experience?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh yeah, I forgot about the border checkpoint. I assumed they'd be immune to Breach like all other respawning enemies but I'll give it a shot.

I missed out on the crafting specs for one of the visible stash guns because it didn't drop when it was supposed to (and I didn't notice until much later), so I'll have to console hack that in anyway I guess.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does the legendary shingen smart SMG get a crafting spec or is it stuck like Skippy where you have to upgrade it the whole way.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm pretty sure only iconic gear can be upgraded to legendary. Everything else is either purchased or crafted at legendary spec.

Says here you can buy it from a vendor:
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Arasaka_TKI-20_Shingen

Edit: There's another one that's iconic
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Prototype:_Shingen_Mark_V

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's the iconic one you find during Gimme Danger. I don't think it has a crafting spec so you only get the one. Meaning if you want a level 50 version you better be ready to spend a lot of components getting it there.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

It's the iconic one you find during Gimme Danger. I don't think it has a crafting spec so you only get the one. Meaning if you want a level 50 version you better be ready to spend a lot of components getting it there.

Yup. Using CET to gift myself crafting components is the only thing I do in the game that doesn't really feel like cheating.

Edit: The 'cheapest' way to craft an iconic weapon to 50 legendary is to avoid upgrading it all until you're 50.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 28, 2022

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yup. Using CET to gift myself crafting components is the only thing I do in the game that doesn't really feel like cheating.

Edit: The 'cheapest' way to craft an iconic weapon to 50 legendary is to avoid upgrading it all until you're 50.

there's a good mod that changes the crafting cost to something a bit less, nonsensical;
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2873?tab=files
I went with Linear, which is the cheapest option but any option is still a lot less then vanilla costs.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
The numbers in this game are straight up goofy. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to handicap players that don't wait until the level cap to upgrade their weapon rarity? The levelled numbers on guns are kind of horseshit too and make every piece of trash you pick up feel incredibly disposable. The randomized stats on attachments are both minute until level cap and make no sense to be randomized. Attaching so much player survivability to your fashion choices via the armor stat was a huge mistake that it took implementing a vanity armor system to rectify.

I've never understood why games use this lovely disposable loot system instead of treating each of their guns as playstyles. The power of the weapons feels so arbitrary and disconnected from their sound design and animations because of the numbers game lootbox poo poo. I'm a fan of a lot of what CP77 does narratively but the itemization is completely busted, 99% of the items in the game have no reason to exist.

E: like for every food item in the game you should have to sit down at a restaurant or hit up a vending machine and actually munch a burrito xxl or whatever. They even have a perk that automates turning junk items into crafting components! The fact that that's appealing at all means all that poo poo is an annoyance! There is no reason to ever, ever use booze as an item (but the convo options where you sip a bit are perfectly implemented). Why does it exist? It's a bunch of meaningless clutter that the game would be better without.

Jorge Bell fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 29, 2022

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I wish there was a way to make food buffs last longer. Like I enjoy the mechanic from an immersion standpoint I would rather the buff last several in game hours so it felt more like meals.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I wish there was a way to make food buffs last longer. Like I enjoy the mechanic from an immersion standpoint I would rather the buff last several in game hours so it felt more like meals.

There's perks in the crafting tree that make all consumables last longer.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I would enjoy using food if it provided benefits, but having 20 Body means I'm healed after every fight and never run out of stamina.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tetrabor posted:

I would enjoy using food if it provided benefits, but having 20 Body means I'm healed after every fight and never run out of stamina.

It does boost your max health, which is nice on higher difficulties (and especially in the Don't Fear the Reaper mission). Then again, the whole thing about Body is that it makes you less reliant on buff items.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Seems a little janky, but cool idea nonetheless. Melee finisher and takedown overhaul.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/6508

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Jorge Bell posted:

The numbers in this game are straight up goofy. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to handicap players that don't wait until the level cap to upgrade their weapon rarity? The levelled numbers on guns are kind of horseshit too and make every piece of trash you pick up feel incredibly disposable. The randomized stats on attachments are both minute until level cap and make no sense to be randomized. Attaching so much player survivability to your fashion choices via the armor stat was a huge mistake that it took implementing a vanity armor system to rectify.

I've never understood why games use this lovely disposable loot system instead of treating each of their guns as playstyles. The power of the weapons feels so arbitrary and disconnected from their sound design and animations because of the numbers game lootbox poo poo. I'm a fan of a lot of what CP77 does narratively but the itemization is completely busted, 99% of the items in the game have no reason to exist.

E: like for every food item in the game you should have to sit down at a restaurant or hit up a vending machine and actually munch a burrito xxl or whatever. They even have a perk that automates turning junk items into crafting components! The fact that that's appealing at all means all that poo poo is an annoyance! There is no reason to ever, ever use booze as an item (but the convo options where you sip a bit are perfectly implemented). Why does it exist? It's a bunch of meaningless clutter that the game would be better without.

I mean yeah absolutely, I was one of the early apologists for this game and I still agree with all that, the fact that items don't even display what level they are make deciding what to upgrade kind of a hassle. The fact some items do burn or some items are electric should be interesting but it's a complete afterthought like 90% of the time.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jorge Bell posted:

Yeah, I'm sure by now it's been discussed to death but as a new comer to the game the fallout-esque run around and press E to loot entire room is silly. My character jamming 20 submachine guns into a dropbox to make $350 is dumb. I know I don't have to loot everything but checking what's valuable or not is slower than hoovering up entire rooms of equipment and then dismantling it/selling it later. I agree on the food/drink thing too. It's super weird for such an immersive game to dump you into a menu when you try to buy a drink at a bar.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Having dozens of different food items could be interesting if they didn't all have identical effects. Or if it wasn't a nuisance to go multiple menus deep to use them if you accidentally clicked E instead of R while gathering up everything else in the room. At least they don't have any weight so you don't have to periodically empty out the healing items page unless you want a hundred eddies from selling them all.

It's a lot more fun to realize that you've collected several hundred weightless grenades over the course of a play through that you never bothered to use, and then going on a mad bombing spree. Did you know that if you get the "grenades can crit" perk, you can also get crits when you bean somebody on the head with a grenade? A red 2 followed by a red 8000 is kinda funny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just craft hundreds of Ozob's grenades and watch the whole world explode.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Arc Hammer posted:

:hmmyes:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I started just consuming every food/drink I came across. Like a mini game, gotta drink it even if you’re in the middle of a nasty fight.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Remulak posted:

I started just consuming every food/drink I came across. Like a mini game, gotta drink it even if you’re in the middle of a nasty fight.

But if you do that you'll never see Johnny take over your appearance in the apartment mirror.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Do you get that from his taxi ride or from the Beat on the Brat quest?

And if it's the second do you have to kill him to get it?
I know I got it on one of my many play through but I can't for the life of me remember how.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

joylessdivision posted:

Do you get that from his taxi ride or from the Beat on the Brat quest?

And if it's the second do you have to kill him to get it?
I know I got it on one of my many play through but I can't for the life of me remember how.

Pretty sure you get it after the fistfight. Just punch him in the shins until he goes down.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I somehow missed the homing grenades on my first playthroughs - they're little evil bundles of joy.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

RoastBeef posted:

I somehow missed the homing grenades on my first playthroughs - they're little evil bundles of joy.

I slept on them for a while, too. Great way to deal with enemies that use Sandevistan.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the laser disco ball grenades.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I could never get the sticky grenades right and it just pissed me off recalling the days I used to play Halo trying to land sticky grenades for way too long.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You get Ozob's Nose by taking him for a drive. I know this because I had the crafting recipe long before I fought him in Pacifica.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

I like the laser disco ball grenades.

Those things are brutal as hell and have a bigger effective range than you expect.

Ozob is great and I feel bad about accidentally killing him on my first play after I realized on the second that you can just... not punch him in the nose. It proved he wasn't lying, though.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

On the last playthrough where I took Ozob for a drive it ended up permanently making the area in front of Misty's a hostile zone due to that little firefight that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Electric shocks like Shock-N-Awe also set off Ozob's nose. I always feel a little conflicted about that outcome because on the one hand, he's a fun guy and you're not suppose to kill your friends, but on the other hand... well, he (apparently deliberately) installed a live grenade in his face, and having him blow his own head off by punching you too hard is an amazing ending to his story.