Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dareon posted:

Okay, sending Jackie back to his family is objectively the right thing to do. :unsmith:

Come back to El Coyote Cojo a short while after the ceremony, and you can collect his iconic pistols from the shrine. You can only equip one (since you're not as beefy as the Jackster and never will be), but it's a pretty decent hand-cannon, and a nice way to honour his memory by setting some scavs and 'Saka on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
You can now get real fake food.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now in meal size!

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Bought the game and I'm really enjoying it overall. I did run into a huge bug on one of the missions, though. When I try to dive underwater in Pyramid Song V just dies when you get below a certain depth. Looking it up online this is a bug other people have too, but I didn't see any solution being suggested. Anyone have any ideas?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

shimmy shimmy posted:

Bought the game and I'm really enjoying it overall. I did run into a huge bug on one of the missions, though. When I try to dive underwater in Pyramid Song V just dies when you get below a certain depth. Looking it up online this is a bug other people have too, but I didn't see any solution being suggested. Anyone have any ideas?

Is this before or after you take the crane to the bottom of the lake?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Before. Found a reddit thread with a video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/12tipxy/any_idea_what_is_causing_random_death_underwater/

Which is almost exactly what happens to me. Looks like there's a complicated workaround involving god mode and some teleportation mods to try and just get through it, will have to give that a try.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Darth Walrus posted:

You can only equip one (since you're not as beefy as the Jackster and never will be)

wh....huh??????

Jackie could lift cars, sure. But it's Cyberpunk I should have 6 arms each with a pistol. I should have an octopus skirt of arms, and I pirouette off of my Akira bike like Trinity attacking the power plant except I'm spinning bullets outward instead of landing with flair

e- also during this bullet hell ballet, it goes without saying I'm quick hacking everyone in sight, too, because V is a God-tier solo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

By the time you finish healing from that you will have fully completed your horrible metamorphosis. Also, Judy would be uncomfortable.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I want the bladefeet some of the enemies have. I don't even particularly care what they do, give me more leg options.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dareon posted:

I want the bladefeet some of the enemies have. I don't even particularly care what they do, give me more leg options.

I just want my cyber mods to have a noticeable cosmetic effect beyond a few lines or knuckles. There's so many cool NPC cyber arms, legs, eyes, etc. Let me have them to without the need for mods.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

the sandy spine....

You would never see it... except for when you're riding on your bike, getting the hell out of dodge

If CDPR introduce more fun driving mechanics, like letting you use Sandevistan while driving, like Franklin's ability in GTA, that would be insane... seeing your spine start charging up like megaman and then fwoosh quick speed ramp into slowmo. The traffic, the chaos, the city, driving and speed ramping into slowmo would be bonkers

There was a slow mo mod I used in year 1-2 but I don't think it's worked since a little before the edgerunners update, it was a blast to use will driving

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i always thought that each cyberware upgrade having a visual effect on V would be a good way to nod to the humanity system from the tabletop without introducing annoying mechanical penalties

it would at least make the choice to become a borged out psycho interesting from a role playing perspective

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It would be nice if you could see yourself in reflections rather than just preset mirrors.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I thiiiiink changing up/adding to the cyberware system was something they want to add in a patch. Here’s hoping!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

It would be nice if you could see yourself in reflections rather than just preset mirrors.

I think there's a mod for that, but unfortunately your reflection is headless.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Tirranek posted:

I thiiiiink changing up/adding to the cyberware system was something they want to add in a patch. Here’s hoping!

they said "more cyberware feeling cyberware" was something coming in the next patch which could mean a lot of things but i guess we'll find out in a week or so

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Deki posted:

It'd be a massive ask, but I'd like if they had a merc mode with procedural gigs that slowly ramp up in intensity and you could just do that as it's own game mode.

IIRC the devs said this was something they'd like to add, but if it gets implemented it wouldn't be nearly as deep as we'd all like. Would be a fun change of pace over rinsing the same groups of scavs, wraiths and 6th street though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hSCAX44UPY

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Canon V

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Neat, I didn't realize that there's more than one way to start the Delamain quest Don't Lose Your Mind. My last three playthroughs I only ever got a phone call from Del telling me to come by the garage, but this time around I was driving through Corpo Plaza when I saw a collision up ahead and then suddenly Johnny is telling me to ring up Delamain myself and tell him his cabs cause a pile up.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone experienced a bug that results in the Gig Cuckoo's Nest not able to be completed? Client got into the car and drove off but the quest marker persists and the gig won't close.

I could install the console mod to force it complete but I'm trying to avoid installing mods until Phantom Liberty releases because :effort: on updating them.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I mean it's lame but you could install the mod, complete the quest, and then uninstall.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Arc Hammer posted:

Neat, I didn't realize that there's more than one way to start the Delamain quest Don't Lose Your Mind. My last three playthroughs I only ever got a phone call from Del telling me to come by the garage, but this time around I was driving through Corpo Plaza when I saw a collision up ahead and then suddenly Johnny is telling me to ring up Delamain myself and tell him his cabs cause a pile up.

I'm not sure if it's the same quest, but my guy just met Johnny Silver hand and it's very antagonistic, but they're suddenly being really friendly after we got rammed by a cab in a parking garage and now must investigate.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Chronojam posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same quest, but my guy just met Johnny Silver hand and it's very antagonistic, but they're suddenly being really friendly after we got rammed by a cab in a parking garage and now must investigate.

Yeah, this is a major tone whiplash, they really expect you to at least go to meet Takemura and go through that conversation with Johnny (he mellows out a bunch, you'd probably be a bit hostile yourself if you woke up in a different head) before heading off and doing sidequests.

The quest Arc Hammer's talking about is a bit further down the Delamain line.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Chronojam posted:

That's the first Delamain quest. And yes it is odd how chummy Johnny is when you get rammed in the parking garage. My best answer to make it seem less awkward is to do the quest where you meet Takemura at Tom's Diner before you go and grab your car, because that quest has a food Johnny moment that makes him less of an actively hostile dick to you. Somewhat.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Honestly, they should've just not had the message/quest involving your car pop up until after you've walked over to see Takemura.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

fennesz posted:

IIRC the devs said this was something they'd like to add, but if it gets implemented it wouldn't be nearly as deep as we'd all like. Would be a fun change of pace over rinsing the same groups of scavs, wraiths and 6th street though.

Even something like skyrim radiant quests would probably be enough for me if they added a few generic corporate office building interiors

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I tried out the path tracing optimization mod to see what it looks like with my 3070ti. Overall the quality shift isn't a monumental leap over psycho raytracing settings but it definitely does look nicer, even with the stripped down modified version. Shadows and reflections in particular look very nice. The scattering effect of shadows on the previous RT settings is gone so the shadows are much much smoother.

I did notice some visual bugs but these appear to be related to path tracing itself rather than the mod. Namely, there seems to be an issue where certain textures get a white illumination outline on them, like something was applying edge lighting even in dark spaces. It's not a game breaker by any means but it's noticeable. The badlands look like the vegetation is covered in snow from certain lighting angles as a result.

Playing with DLSS settings, on Quality I can hit around 45fps with path tracing on and most graphics cranked to max at 1080p. On balanced I'm hitting an average of 65fps in most places, and much higher out of the city. I want to see how well it can handle my upscaling to 1440p because while the balanced dlss setting gives me ample frames it does start to get blurry especially in darker places.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dareon posted:

Yeah, this is a major tone whiplash, they really expect you to at least go to meet Takemura and go through that conversation with Johnny (he mellows out a bunch, you'd probably be a bit hostile yourself if you woke up in a different head) before heading off and doing sidequests.

Getting to Tom's Diner with no car can be a bit irritating if you don't want to jack somebody's ride. I usually have enough to buy that first beater Regina rings you up about.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I personally really like the walk from home to Tom's Diner. It's a great reintroduction to Night City, and it helps with roleplaying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The walk to Tom's Diner is less than two minutes from the bottom of the megablock.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
Takemura's "I can sort this out if I break into her skybox and just talk to her" plan needs some work.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Halloween Jack posted:

Takemura's "I can sort this out if I break into her skybox and just talk to her" plan needs some work.

He claims she was reaching for a panic button or something but having watched that scene many times now, it sure doesn't look like anything.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'm feeling the urge to replay this yet again. Has anyone tried out https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8467?tab=description at all? It looks like a fun way to change things up if it actually works.

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Getting to Tom's Diner with no car can be a bit irritating if you don't want to jack somebody's ride. I usually have enough to buy that first beater Regina rings you up about.

It's like two blocks or something

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

It's fun just how out of his depth Takemura is being cut off from the massive resources he's used to which would be admittedly a steep learning curve and how strangled by his loyalty to the idea of Arasaka he is. "Surely if I explain things all will be well." Also his vague notion that Arasaka can, deep down, fix everything including V.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Tenkaris posted:

He claims she was reaching for a panic button or something but having watched that scene many times now, it sure doesn't look like anything.

To me it looked like she was trying to rush or tackle him, she starts towards him immediately before he shoots.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Ha, I just got an angry call from Rachel (the producer from the Sinnerman quests) while I was clearing an NCPD crime scene.

R: "YOU STUPID loving oval office!"
V: "Sorry, gotta go." *knocks out last gangoon*
*phone rings*
V: "Okay, where were we?"
R: "YOU STUPID loving oval office!YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!"

The timing of it made me laugh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Good you ruined her production. Stupid corpo lady deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Arc Hammer posted:

Good you ruined her production. Stupid corpo lady deserved it.

Yeah. I didn't recognize her at first, so it was like V got a random call from a crazy woman.

After that call, I rocked the gently caress out with Samurai (and the dumb guy filling in for Henry) and then found Swedenbourg-Riviera. Johnny's been having fun (other than the date with Rogue :( ).