Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Everything I've seen on streams so far indicates most of this game is sitting in a chair as 2 npcs talk nearby, followed by the same drive->shoot 1 guy->back to chair loop. Like 4+ hours of this after the 20 minute intro based on your life path, which is never mentioned again.

You forgot the part where the mission scripting breaks or you get stuck in a wall and have to reload. It's key to the gameplay loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

And not only do they have maybe a fifth of the people on the streets, but in five minutes of watching a stream I saw duplicate NPCs, visual glitches (stuff like coffee cups floating in front of the NPC while they smoke a cigarette) and at least one NPC blink out of existence while looking straight at them.

I really want to see what this game actually looked like back in April.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's this Asaraka? lore thing?

is there a book I should have read?

Arasaka is one of the megacorps in Cyberpunk.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

puve posted:

Evading a military blockade to explore an internet full of hostile AI sounds like something that would be fun to play. Or they could just have a few randomized prefab systems to hack into like a much older simpler game

It would have just led to disappointment when the trailers showed hundreds of AIs walking around but at launch the game could only render a dozen at a time.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh look, whoever it is can hear us.

Coward. Whoever you are, I hope you move on with your life and find something that makes you happier than making GBS threads on someone and calling them autistic as a slur.

Lol at anyone giving this dying web forum money to dunk on their posting enemies.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Deadreak posted:

I mean they had it in Witcher 3.... why not have it here as well? Such weird decision.

It's an odd oversight, but I imagine it's on a to-do list somewhere. Just lower priority than the Make Everyone Stop T-Posing During Cutscenes and Game Crashes Repeatedly During Final Mission fixes they needed to get out.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

"why didn't they just...?" i read, wincing from the back pain in my tiny apartment that, in the past few months has been converted into a makeshift office

Look at you posting instead of working. For shame, Comte. For shame. Code us up a barbershop.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

queeb posted:

watching the giant bomb stream and yeah it looks kinda rough.

the guide directing him to the next quest sent him through an opening his car couldn't fit and he got stuck in a fence lol

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Wet Fifty posted:

Literall wardrobe malfunction. day 0 bugs are always amusing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnltaG2IhEQ&t=5503s

lol when she checks her inventory and the tits are clipping through the shirt, game of the year all years

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

mkvltra posted:

You're definitely the person who gave Zaphod red text, lol

All of your posts ITT have a tinge of schadenfreude to them. Why are you so bitter about people enjoying a flawed video game?

I have never bought anyone an avatar or text of any kind.

And I find the game breaking to be very funny. Do you not find it humorous? If it makes you feel better I will probably get the game at some point (whenever I finish with Hades, maybe).

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, RDR2 is a bad game so that score feels about right.

I loved RDR2, played it through and did tons of the side stuff, but if someone told me the game sucks poo poo I would just nod. Totally valid response to it.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Mendrian posted:

They will always remember me, and my heroic stand, when I joined a thread on a video game on release day to say, 'this game sux and I told u so'.

I would tell my grandchildren about this day. That is, if I were doing anything with my life that would lead to grandchildren, instead of discussing video games on the internet.

Xachariah posted:

So what other games do you guys not like?? I love hearing negative people bitch about poo poo.

Also when's the release specifically, 30 mins or so from now? I think that's midnight in Poland.

Skyrim is bad. Dragon Age 2 was the first clear sign that Bioware was doomed (some would say Jade Empire or the DA:O expansion, but I think DA2 really poo poo the bed in a way those didn't).

If you can wait a bit I can get a full list for you, fellow gamer.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Can anyone explain to me the etymology of 'choomba'. Is it the return of the glorious days of the choom gang

https://www.mariowiki.com/Choomba

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

can i make my dick huge

i need a loving win

pretty huge, but you need at least a 3070 to render it at full size

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Whelp, time to become socially isolated and piss into mason jars for a month.

Been training for just such an occasion since March

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

I've put pants on specifically for playing 2077

I thought I had put on pants but then I turned on my mirror and they were gone

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

What's the point of a giant city if there's nothing interesting to do in it?

I guess a question CDPR should have asked itself back when they started development in 2013 late 2017, but alas.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah this definitely on par with the greatest RPGs ever made. Also I think McDonald's hamburgers are the pinnacle of cuisine, and I don't understand how TV could ever climb past the heights of Friends.

edit: really if you're going to compare it to buggy messes that were still good games, you have Alpha Protocol right there. But Cyberpunk doesn't come anywhere close to the level of reactivity on display in AP so it still falls flat in comparison.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I mentioned Alpha Protocol before and if they were going to make a 20-30 hour experience that would have been the lesson to build off of. Highly reactive, lots of branching narrative, a feeling like you're getting a completely different experience based on your decisions and how you react to different characters.

Unfortunately the only part of AP they seemed to copy was the part where development was a nightmare and they had to scrap a bunch of their work in order to get to a very buggy release.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I'm not sure "just as reactive as a game from 2000" is as much of a selling point as you're making it out to be.

Deus Ex lets me approach every map in a bunch of different ways and is highly immersive for the time it was released. Even dumb trap skills like swimming has edge uses that let me be the cool swimming guy. Every time I tried to do something cool with my kit in Cyberpunk it felt like the game was mad at me for even attempting to step out of bounds. The couple of times I recall it working out, like when I bypassed a big chunk of the lovely unworkable combat by leaping to a second story window and going straight to my objective, were so few and far between that it didn't really feel good. It just made all the times where I couldn't do that cool poo poo or make use of the tools at my disposal feel worse.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Really? I never knew that. I just did the things the game told me to do in the order it told me to do them because by that point the game had taught me that everything ends the same way no matter how you do it.

E: Wait, do you just mean that there's an option to say "nah I don't want to do the quest. Goodbye." because while that is technically a choice the player can make which will effect outcome of the game I don't think not doing a quest should count as an ending.

There's a sequence in his quests where you do the dumb braindance scanning minigame several times. If you somehow fail to find two specific clues in the third one (and only the third one, nothing you scan aside from these two clues actually matters as far as I'm aware) he'll go to the wrong barn and get killed(?) somehow. You're right that it's sort of a "nah, I'm out" thing because that's really the only way to not find every clue in a braindance.

The problem with the game is less that they never considered other potential outcomes, minor ones pop up from time to time. It's that the ones that do pop up are very few and far between, and the game thoroughly trains the player to believe that alternative outcomes aren't possible. I was excited to see how things would play out with my choices re: Evelyn and Dex, and after I saw how that all went down I very much stopped worrying about alternative possibilities.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Can you still summon vehicles while you're inside of a building? Causing motorcycles to burst out of an elevator shaft and do donuts around a room until they explode was probably the most fun I had in this game.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

I remember people in this thread near launch, when I hadn't played very far into the game at all, raving about how awesome braindances were and really looking forward to experiencing them.

Diving into a recording of someone's experience and seeing a playback of what they lived in real time is quintessential cyberpunk poo poo, and it's one of those concepts that lets people's imaginations run wild until they actually get their hands on it and realize that it isn't really doing anything new. After the first few I was excited to see what else they were going to do with them, but it turns out that was everything.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

"We're exploring new projects" isn't coded language stating they're abandoning the IP, it's something standard you say to investors who want to hear about new and exciting things when it's still too early to talk about the new and exciting things.

If anything, glancing through their financials suggests they're going to stick with Cyberpunk. Despite the costs it's selling enough to keep them in the black and they're probably expecting a really long tail on the sales if they can get it into a state where the overwhelming opinion shifts from "this is a mess lol" to "actually it's alright and the expansion makes the whole thing worth it." And they can't announce a Cyberpunk sequel or spin-off until they fix the first game anyways. Any trust the studio had from Witcher 3 has all but evaporated and they need to correct for that, announcing a new game in the setting now would just have people asking when they plan to finish developing the first one.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

The company lying about their game doesn't stop being relevant because the lies were a while ago.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Has anyone put out a Ghost Mode equivalent for Cyberpunk? I know there's mods for tweaking AI and such, but I'm curious if there's been any attempt at a comprehensive rebalance mod.

Mendrian posted:

"Game is lukewarm, could have been better, lots of amazing parts mired in mediocre to bad stuff, hype was excessive and stupid" is the normal opinion.

I'm not gonna complain about individual posters itt but I will continue to report them!

Edit: to be clear, "I don't like the game, it's bad" is a fine and normal opinion but some people itt verge on obsession.

You aren't seriously reporting people for not liking Cyberpunk, are you?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Cyberpunk didn't kill my dog but my cats throw up less since I stopped playing it. Possibly a coincidence but maybe they were just really unsatisfied with the ending of the Peralez plotline.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Alchenar posted:

CDPR, Rockstar, and Bethesda work on design timelines that means they can all deconflict by not even releasing in the same year as each other, and there really aren't any other games in town for this scale of open world RPG (assuming we're not treating the Ubisoft raft of games as in direct competition).

Bethesda cheats by releasing Skyrim every year.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah, as a small indie startup with no prior games under their belt, you can't really expect CDPR to be able to match something like GTA

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, this is what W3 excelled at and where CP77 can be considered to have failed the most. The phone call mechanic should have been exclusively to set up in-person meetings to get that amazing dialogue and scenes everyone expects. Make some excuse like phones aren’t secure (they aren’t). It’s absurd that all of the fixers have offices in the world and V only ever really visits Wakako twice and Dex once. Every Mr. Hands mission should have started with V getting thrown into the back of a Van for a remote video conference. A missed opportunity.

My brother got tons of in-person meetings with fixers on his playthrough. Every time he got a phone call the NPC would teleport next to him.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Mikojan posted:

Well I bought it at full price, judging by the thread the game isn't BAD bad and probably still worth a playthrough

On a technical level it's hilariously bad. The game often just doesn't work, the AI is a mess, perks are meaningless, etc etc etc. But from a story/character level you're going to get a pretty wide range of responses. On that front I'd classify it more as Wildly Disappointing than I would Bad, per se. Some people like it, not impossible you're one of them.

Since you already bought it I'd just wait and see another couple months. It's not going anywhere and maybe a miracle patch will finally happen (lol).