Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

lunar detritus posted:

I think I didn't fully appreciate the first person pov until Clouds which absolutely blew me away.

I have no idea what you're talking about here bc I sneaked behind the back and found the locker room before I even knew what I was looking for and apparently skipped an entire sequence. Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If you would be confused by the concept of Trauma Team idk why you would've even been drawn to the cyberpunk genre in the first place

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I don't mean to :thejoke: but medics as death dealers is :thejoke: it's not some complex lore thing it's bog standard dark humor

edit their logo is a paramedic symbol, their first appearance is showing up to an accident yelling "Emergency evac underway," their second appearance is showing up to an accident and leaving bc the victims aren't clients. That's like the platonic ideal of Show Don't Tell, it gives you exactly everything you need to know about them. When they show people picking up guns and being afraid of Trauma Team, that's the joke punchline. Feel free to show this post to your grandma or something, idk.

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 16, 2022

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Buschmaki posted:

lmao sorry to ask for something and post it myself but I spent a straight hour looking for this and want to share in case anyone's curiousity was piqued :)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I got stuck in Delamain HQ because I snuck back in after the mission to scoop all the loot and the game closed all the exit grates on me. Why

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Me, before the Delamain HQ mission:

Me, after the Delamain HQ mission:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Augus posted:

it helps that the anime on top of being really good on its own also shows a lot of love for the game, with a ton of attention to detail to referencing locations from the game and even game mechanics. It really makes you want to see more of that world.

Oh yeah the show definitely enhances my appreciation for the game. Much moreso than the Witcher weirdly enough.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Oh yeah, this guy right here :discourse:

Keanu brightens my day but this guy? I'd go nuts too if this guy kept appearing in my head asking for cigarettes

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Arc Hammer posted:

I've got the legendary contagion quickhack,

Where'd you get this?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanks, I think I'm gonna respec then. Im at like 10 body 10 intelligence and the only thing body got me was heavy guns that I no longer use (and prying open every other door, which is funny but eh).

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

just fyi, you can't respec attributes (w/o mods)

watho posted:

hack the planet

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Never forget that Neuromancer predicted furries uploading screamers to troll office workers

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Didn't Colin Laney die in a cardboard box somewhere? My brain was cooked when I read those books.

I do remember the Blue Ant trilogy ending with Bigend perfecting his system that can predict a few milliseconds into the future and not realizing until years later how just much that tech would upend the world.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Slurs* are supposed to hurt people hth

*and monowire

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

And hell idk why people say the side quests don't hold up to Witcher 3 either, all the poo poo with Panam and River and uhh what's the mayoral candidates name?

Yeah Panam annoyed the hell out of me at first but she grew on me. As long as she keeps lobbing fun toys my way I'll keep driving out to the rear end end of nowhere and pissing off Saul.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah I ran into a gangoon sporting one yesterday. It was both infuriating and extremely cool.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
The Ashura hidden in there is one of the best sniper rifles in the game, at least according to one guide I read. But yeah I don't see how you could possibly stealth the entire level, gently caress that poo poo.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Arc Hammer posted:

Except for all the shrubs out in the desert that flicker like they're on fire with certain raytracing conditions.

Cyberpsycho spotted :ducksiren:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Water levels suck and I'm glad they're not A Thing in 2077. God, I can picture in my mind's eye the dev meeting where someone suggested a lung capacity implant.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

I kinda wish I didn't have to pick Sandevistan or Cyberdecks though, I want both drat it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I still drive Jackie's bike mostly everywhere. Can't bear the thought of my choom's ride gathering dust in a garage somewhere.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sachant posted:

I did that the first time but this playthrough my V takes absolutely no poo poo from anyone. As soon as they got in V's face the monowire came out and they got sandevistated. De-escalation? What's that?

Yeah I've never had any gangoons wise up and run when they're knee deep in buddy parts staring at my charged up monowire. Maybe in the sequel.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
After the Bloody Ritual quest I kept hearing this demonic breathing and panting in my head and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. Went to ripper docs, edgerunners, doctors, took a nap, killed some people, went to a church, nothing helped. It finally went away after I loaded a previous save.

I thought this was some kind of creepy meta thing but it's apparently a pretty common bug. Oh well!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Caidin posted:

Corpo just feels right? It makes for an interesting counter point to Jackie and Johnny's backgrounds and I like the unique dialogue options in most cases.

Same, even though the beginning where.you're walking past meeting rooms full of people doing presentations felt 2real and gave me anxiety

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just did the Voodoo quest where you go beyond the Blackwall to find Alt and it was pretty disappointing. She just shows up immediately. I thought the old net infested with rogue AIs would be more of a horrific nightmare playground. Almost wish they hadn't played that card. Maybe some things are better left to the imagination.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's what happens when you skimp on security in Night City I guess. Someone definitely got fired for that one.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lord Lambeth posted:

I've been screwing around with playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the steam deck and it's incredible. Turn Gyro on and it elevates the experience even higher.

:perfect:

Recommended viewing on graphics tweaks if you havent already:

https://youtu.be/1zUloyYPIBo

I was able to complete the swap increase, VRAM boost, and FSR 2.1 install in like 15 minutes and boy howdy does it look fresh

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Forcing Placide to watch me play Roach Race has definitely been a highlight so far

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Philippe posted:

If nobody's around to report you, it's still a successful stealth mission.

:hmmyes:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Operant posted:

if i punched fingers in his dumb face will he not sell cyberware to me anymore

There's a mod that makes him forget. It's one way though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

AlternateAccount posted:

Some kind of proper diving into networks and fuckin' poo poo up.

Be careful what you wish for, might get another System Shock

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Even simple stuff like scaling quickhack damage to the hacking minigame results (like the extra rewards you get from Access Points) would've been cool. It's also kinda weird that everyone and everything has a WiFi chip.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

a kitten posted:

• A Vespa or other scooter vehicle

I would rock this so hard

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

site posted:

not quite the same as skipping the fight altogether

I didn't know about the kill phrase and "skipped" the encounter by carpeting the stairs with proximity mines, which they ran straight into. Great game.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

site posted:

the problem from a gameplay standpoint with adding all that netrunning bullshit is that is disincentivizes anyone from actually engaging with it unless you like unnecessarily complex systems because you can shoot everyone in the vicinity in 1/10th the time it takes to just breach one guy

Yeah and even if you nerfed the damage or whatever, that's not going to change the playstyle. Half damage or double RAM cost just means staring through cameras twice as long and that's just fuckin annoying.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

lol I have basically this exact same pic. They must have arranged scenes like this just for taking photos.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sure but then I'd get lost immediately

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Arc Hammer posted:

I punched Placide in the face after bonding with the Netwatch agent over a love of westerns. He's scuzzy and the animals are dicks but the VDB are just awful.

That's funny bc I punched Netwatch in the face and didn't bother with all the diagnostics. gently caress corpos, especially the rent a cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Kinda weird how we're allowed too post Sex Scene Bad and go hmmyes but when anyone goes Sex Scene Good the horny bat comes out