Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There’s some stuff lying on the ground close to V apartment that I can’t interact :argh: what is this

Also, bumped on someone now everyone is ducking and... ducking they stayed for a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I really love GOG as a store where I can buy games and just download them and keep on my pc or whatever

Pls don’t gently caress that up

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The video being something made for laughs and a normal thing across developers is fine. Collecting all the crazy stuff that happens during development and making a funny montage shouldn't be a problem, the video being representative of the final state of the game on the other hand...

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Sachant posted:

I'm not sure what part of "this is a perfectly normal and expected part of game development for every game of this size" isn't coming through here. A fun internal team bug montage during development isn't indicative of anything other than the devs being human beings and blowing off some steam after fixing bugs. Not to mention these are collections of clips from anywhere between one and eight years ago.

But I said that :confused:. Problem is when that video could've been made after the game release.

Also, yeah, that video is in no way an explanation 'look they *knew* how buggy it was*', but they did made the game, so of course they knew how buggy the game was before release lmao

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 8, 2021

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Orcs designed as a less intelligent race:
“No you see, that would only make a difference for power gamers” :rolleyes:

Intending or not, that is extremely normal in fantasy (games and books) so it is by no means a “stretch” or a problem exclusive to Shadowrun

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Ciri witcher adventures would work, but add me to the list that wants a story pre-geralt during the times where there were witcher schools around. Hell, you could even throw Ciri there via weird time magic

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Torpor posted:

A Witcher game where you are the monster attempting to get retribution on those that have wronged you

Doppelganger Hitman crossover

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Basic Chunnel posted:

People would have regarded W3 about the same as they did CP2077 if Geralt was shackled for 3/4 of the game to a Dandelion who only he could see and who did nothing but call you, the player, a poser rear end in a top hat about every 15 minutes for the duration

I actually wanted W3 to have *more* quests where you're accompanied by some NPC, they're great (but I get what you mean)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I’m not preordering their next game, but after seeing some reviews/gameplays who knows.

I can see the game still improving some. Sadly there’s a hard ceiling so I’m not expecting some magical patch / DLC

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
PoE is great if you enjoy isometric RPGs, it's heavily inspired in the old games of the genre but they changed a lot of terrible old school game design/d&d rules. You can see how they gave a lot of thought about the game mechanics.

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 27, 2021

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
They should’ve went with a dense hub area like a neighborhood (instead of a city) that you leave for mission when needed.

You’d get to interact constantly with some people in the hub, the place could change based on your choices, I’d be easier to make the area livelier, etc

(RGG please make Cyberpunk Kamurocho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Tirranek posted:

Another thing that would be quite fun (but also lots of work) is a system kind of like AC Odyssey where a stealth takedown does damage instead of killing outright, that way you would spec into stealth takedowns being lethal as a playstyle choice, rather than them being one of the most powerful tools for every build.

wtf no that's awful and the opposite of fun