Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ham posted:

The Xbox One really might be the best way to play this game.

Footage from Xbox One, unknown patch situation: https://streamable.com/b0758g

This is the Eurojank we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ms Adequate posted:

I actually read the whole OP now and it's drat good work, thanks OP!

I've been trying not to get hype for this. I've been... falling short :shobon:

e; Do we know what time reviews will start dropping? I'd presume in the preceding 24 hours?

So long as your hype levels are lower than "ordered a special edition online but go to a midnight release for a second copy just to play it a few hours sooner" you are doing better than my worst hype-isode.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

What game was this?

I have a lot of regrets, and Mass Effect 3 was one of them.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, our pubes can have more colors than ME3's endings!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Apparently respecs are fairly expensive--like, you might have to forgo upgrading equipment for a while if you do a respec.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Nomad = Penis
Corpo = Penis 2
Street Kid = Vagina

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Starks posted:

I’m going street kid, apparently it’s the shortest intro though. Does your life path change stuff beyond the beginning of the game?

Supposedly, yes. There are characters that may only want to hook up with a particular life path character, for example.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

eonwe posted:

whoever bought Zaphod a redtext with the insult 'autist' in it, you're a fuckin loser

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

please someone make a marvel universe comparison for us smooth brained touch screen posters

Nomad = Captain America
Corpo = Iron Man
Street Kid = Spider-Man

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cael posted:

Bromad and it's just for the fellas.

Real talk: if the prologues are really like 1-2 hours, I'm feeling more and more like I'm going to just play all three right off the bat and then decide based on that feeling which of my saves I'll pick to continue on with.

Someone up thread said they're closer to 4 or 6.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

pik_d posted:

Corpo = Picard
Nomad = Discovery
Street Kid = Lower Decks

drat if you're gonna take that big a poo poo on the lifepaths why even play the game?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Watching The Spiffing Brit's stream on Youtube and as soon as the credits finished after the tutorial, it crashed.

He says it's crashed less in 5 hours than Skyrim, to be fair.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Realized that with vacation coming up anyway I might as well get this and figure out who I want to main. Apparently I can run it on ultra so that's nice.

Made someone from each lifepath and got started running them through their little intro. Haven't gotten a feel for who I want to stick with yet as I haven't even gotten levels in anything, but I'm liking it so far.

I was also worried after seeing some of the character creation that I wouldn't be able to make the characters quite like I wanted, but as it turns out I think I ended up making them more like what I wanted than even I knew.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So still early on but the tutorial asked me to tag people aaaaaand the tag button does nothing. Trying to rebind it, it ignored most of the other buttons on my mouse, and if I tried to bind wheelup or wheeldown instead of wheel-click it says "binding failed." Had to rebind tagging to G on the keyboard before I could continue the tutorial. Fortunately that parts optional, but I wonder what it's issue with my mouse. The mouse is fine--I used the wheel to open and scroll this thread to make this post.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 12, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So apparently if you use a logitech mouse it can't really work with the scroll wheel, but I can't figure out to remap Unequip since it expect you to click the scroll wheel. Anyone figure out a work around?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

My Logitech mouse works fine? What model do you have?

No idea at this point. It's not old--bought it earlier in the year, but it doesn't have model info on it.

Still, I saw some other people on the official Cyberpunk forums mention it's an issue where clicking the mouse wheel just...doesn't work with this game, and they said Logitech was the common thread. Maybe they were wrong, but I definitely have a Logitech and definitely can't unequip things.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

ughhhh posted:

Do you have the logitech app running?

Hm. No. Running it now and it says there's an update. Gonna see if that helps.

What should I do with it?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

ughhhh posted:

have it truned off baisically. it seems to interfere with a bunch of games lately.

Yeah, it wasn't running before. However, I did remap a bunch of the buttons to just duplicate middle click. Gonna see if any of them work.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, it wasn't running before. However, I did remap a bunch of the buttons to just duplicate middle click. Gonna see if any of them work.

Nope. Even after disabling the logitech apps in the task manager, it seems if I want to unequip something I need to resort to controller.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

v1ld posted:

Could try adding an entry for another key and see if it works, like the comma here:
code:
	<mapping name="unequip_item" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
		<button id="IK_Pad_Y_TRIANGLE"/>
		<button id="IK_MiddleMouse"/>
		<button id="IK_Comma"/>
	</mapping>

So I tried this, and the weird thing? It made the mouse wheel work for unequip. The MiddleMouse bit was already there, but adding Comma and then saving made the mouse wheel work. However, Comma does nothing now. Maybe a bug is making it miss the last entry in the list?

Not sure why, but thanks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So a couple of randos on the street attacked me. Defending myself brings the cops down on me, but if I lure them to a cop and they shoot me, the cops do nothing.

ACAB indeed, but especially to me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I don't know why, but the game changed my hair color. Since there doesn't appear to be an option to change your appearance once you start the game, and I don't know how far back the change happened because I have been wearing a helmet, I'm a little annoyed.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I unlocked the "from above while stealthed' takedown but, uh, how do I do it?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Jump from above and land on them. See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdT7uJg52IE

Thanks. I tried a few times and it didn't work so I thought i was missing something, but it turned out I was dropping on them from too close to their front for it to count.

Now to a funny glitch. I got a chance to kill someone and put their body in a van. Didn't seem to be a reason for it, but I did. Then this happened. I took the van for a spin, and would you believe it, but enemies were alerted to the dead body!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Okay, so I've been running around this city on foot from one end of Watson to another, putting off talking to Dex just to see how much poo poo I can get into. I have nearly maxed my crafting, breach protocol, annihilation and a bunch of other poo poo and Athletics isn't even halfway to its first level. From hours of just running. How do you upgrade this skill without an epoch of grind?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Was clearing out a snuff film manufacturing den and after I kill everyone, I turn around and there's a guy sitting in a chair. I talk to him and he says "Help! He's trying to erase me!" As he says this... he fades into nothingness.

:stare:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So just a quick check: Is there a work around for not being able to advance Many Way to Skin a Cat? I cleared the place out, got an access code and it seems the only thing I need to do is take the car and leave, but I can't interact with it and interacting with the computer--the only thing left--causes things to hang.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I mean, same. Maybe the people in Watson and Kabuki are just so thoroughly hosed in general they don't need dildos

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is it possible to do Cyberpsychosis: Six Feet Under without killing the guy? I punched him out like I did the others but it seems he still died. Not sure if that's a glitch or did something I didn't mean to while I was punching him--once I accidentally punched a propane tank and blew up a guy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Lol I just noticed that the mod I have that increases Berserk duration actually increases cool down time instead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Eraflure posted:

SMGs are cool. As far as I can tell, there's exactly one kind of LMG in the entire game (2 if you count the guns ripped from turrets) and no iconic version of it.

I've heard tell that there is an iconic defender that you can get in an NCPD mission. Still disappointed that there's only one LMG type, though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I understand that Smart weapons get better with some kind of cyberware--the one in your hands? If that's the case what do I need to slot to make the Palica missiles not just spaz in every direction soon as they leave the barrel?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They don't just get better it is required that you have the cyberware for them equipped otherwise they're just shittier versions of power weapons with ridiculous spread that don't ricochet. Most ripperdocs should sell the thing you need.

Oh I have a smart link, though I have seen some Smart guns that don't need them. Mine is a blue level Smart Link, but if this

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

You can get a free basic smart link from doing missions for wakako, but the higher tier (purple and orange) smart links will improve accuracy and crit chance.

is true, then I need to find whoever sells the better smartlinks. A double barrel missile launcher is something I like the sound of, but with a blue link it's getting me killed trying to use it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Just wanted to mention, for anyone that didn't already know, that you can stack HMGs in your inventory by ripping them off turrets if you already have one in your hand. Then you go to a store, sell it, and buy it back to equip. I have 6 and if I visit a drop point before a mission I can pull one out and then go to town. If they have more turrets, I may set them to friendly and override them so I can harvest them after the fight.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So does the armor stat actually do anything? Because I have just about 1500 at level 29 and it seems like even low level gonks can dust 3/4s of my health in a few shots if I'm not in cover. Also Technical Ability's +5% armor bonus doesn't seem to actually apply, least according to what I can see--if I up my TA after checking my armor on the stats screen, it stays the same after the upgrade.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Watch Dog Legion system where instead of recruiting anyone you can date anyone and hold hands and have dates

So Dragons' Dogma, but cyberpunk. I dig it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Getting increasingly frustrated with how despite being mad spec'd into Annihilation, LMGs seems to never rise above mediocre compared to other options--at that level shotties can delete anyone I look at but an LMG needs a sixth of my entire ammo pool to drop a goon. And damage from enemies seems really wild--an HMG will hit me for nothing and a single bullet from an SMG will remove half my health.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 20, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

On shotguns, I've had mixed success with them but the big winner is definitely the power double barrel (the Testera or something like that) combined with the implant that lets you slot time if you aim while dodging. It lets you just dance around gun fire while giving everyone both barrels and feels really satisfying. But if I don't want to use my reflexes or aim, a good Zhuo and the Smart gun implants will delete anything that's too close use a Sidewinder on.

Speaking of Sidewinders, Divided We Fall is a beast.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

navyjack posted:

I’m confused by crafting. If I keep pumping mats into iconics, do they eventually go up from rare to epic to legendary or what?

There's two options with Iconics. You can upgrade them the same as any other gun, which basically just levels it up. Or you can go into the crafting menu and you should find an option that includes using your existing iconic as an ingredient: That's the option that makes it a tier higher in quality.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I open every shard and then immediately close it without reading it because sometimes a quest is tied to pressing read.

However I did read the "Top 5 Employers" shard had a grim chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Delizin posted:

While riding the elevator to V's apartment there was a PSA on the TV warning people to stay away from sewer entrances and vents because they would be fumigating the sewers with nerve gas to clear out the homeless.

And then there's a couple talking outside a gun store, in public where everyone can hear, about how they're going to participate in a homeless hunt.

"Isn't that illegal?"

"You think the cops care?"