Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

OP, whenever the spoiler thread goes up, can you add that to the OP too?

Thanks OP + nice thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

I cannot wait to download 100GB to play a game that I bought on disc on its day of release

Good thing it's out at the start of the month so it can chew through entire data caps

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

What's the embargo stuff like for this week?

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Celexi posted:

Love the smell of a fresh new thread!

Fresh and ready to soil with all sorts of posts

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Just by way of reading through the old thread and this one for the last day I think I've convinced myself to buy this drat game on release instead of waiting.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So this is kind off topic, but can anyone recommend a PDF reader? I got the Humble Bundle of all the lore books and trying to read them on my phone is making my eyes want to bleed. I keep thinking Kindle Paperwaite, and it seems to even handle scanned stuff well, but at the same time, would things originally in color display poorly?

Sorry I just figured this is as good a place to ask as any.

I use SumatraPDF

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Communist Bear posted:

Yeah I'm not sure. Given there's car driving I guess a gamepad makes alot more sense. Although I always prefer aiming on a keyboard and mouse.

Yeah I might do mostly MKB and then use a controller for driving around and stuff.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Romes128 posted:

Steam controller.

jesus christ

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I'm going to use joy2key to emulate MKB on a hotass

If you did something like throttle position for forward/back and either rudder pedals or z axis twist for directions and then used the stick X/Y for camera move it probably wouldn't be awful.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biRGy2pMvIc

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Keeping my wheel attached to my desk just for driving segments and extremely inconveniencing myself and my ability to use the MKB

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo it's happening.

GoGrade

:hmmyes:

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

GoG is chugging, though: only getting 0.6MB/s unthrottled.

I was getting upwards of 60 less than an hour ago

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

I really like the Galaxy 2.0 client.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

syntaxrigger posted:

Just curious was there a reason to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG vs Steam? I expect it is the same deal but I haven't been following this very close.

e:typo

GoG version comes with some extra goodies, no DRM and all the money goes directly to CDPR rather than Valve taking their complimentary 30%, if that's something you care about.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I'm gonna take so long to get through CP2077 that by the time I finish most of the bugs will be ironed out :cool:

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

"there's a LOT of dildos in this game" Jeff Gerstmann

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

I wish I could do spoilers in thread titles for

Tim Whatley posted:

THERE'S A CHARACTER NAMED MR.HANDS

this

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

itry posted:

Wake me up for unedited gameplay footage.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

GoG refund policy seems real good by the way:

quote:

How does your updated voluntary Refund Policy work?

The updated policy lets you refund a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played. Yes, you read that correctly. :)

To apply for a refund, you should contact our Customer Support Team within 30 days of your purchase, and our team will sort it out as soon as possible.

However, if the reason you are seeking a refund is that your game is not working (yet!), please consider contacting our friendly Tech Support folk first. They will do their best to help you get the game working on your machine.

We're monitoring the effects of the current update to make sure no one is using this policy to hurt the developers that put their time and heart into making great games. We may refuse refunds in such individual cases. We'd also let you know about any future adjustments in the voluntary Refund Policy in advance.

How long does it take to process a refund?

When you apply for a refund, we can give you two options - a conversion into GOG Wallet funds, or a cash refund back to your original payment method.

GOG Wallet refunds will be applied as soon as a GOG.COM Support representative triggers the refund.

Cash refunds can take a few business days, depending on the exact payment method used, your bank, etc. There are some exceptions, such as paysafecard, SOFORT, and GiroPay - for technical reasons, these transactions need to be fully processed before they can be refunded; this can take up to a few weeks.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

The game launching in the middle of the day is gonna be weird. This thread is gonna get really spicy on Wednesday.

I would prefer if it didn't!

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Did this thread suddenly merge with an old PlayStation game thread?

I'm fine with it prerelease as long as it's not trampling on anyone else wanting to actually talk about Cyberpunk.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

lol every rating of this thread is either a 1 or a 5

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Isn't that how ratings generally work everywhere though?

I just checked a handful of threads and they all at least have some 2-4, but it is skewed toward 1s and 5s.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Any more posting about posting or lovely snipes after this are getting probated.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can we somehow make this thread yellow. Can jeffrey make that happen

If you bookmark it and then use the bookmark thread highlighting option you can make it yellow yourself

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Yeah you should be more than good.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Really hope my 1070 will run this decently at 1080p. Absolutely no way a 3000 is viable anytime soon.

I'm in the same boat and I'm feeling pretty okay, I think.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

get me HQ! posted:

1. can you preload this game if you preorder?

2. when does the game actually unlock to play?

1. GoG and Steam both yes

2. Midnight GMT for all PC releases

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Gorman Thomas posted:

1. If digital, yes

2. Midnight GMT, so Wendesday 4pm if you're PST, 7 pm if you're EST (the only 2 timezones)

The game DOES NOT unlock for the FAKE mountain time

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

My PC version from Best Buy is ready for pickup lmao. I'll go grab it and spoiler tag some photos from the physical stuff in the box.

Please do not TD-spike it when you get it.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

Should we have a separate thread for discussions of gender politics in this game and stick to gameplay in this one? This seems to come up from time to time with some games and completely ruins the thread. Maybe just a general gender politics in games mega thread that you can discuss all games, including this one it?

I know it's difficult to separate such comments and people are gonna post, but it would be nice.

I don't want to shut down such discussion, but it kind of drowns out everything else and creates a lot of unnecessary conflict.

Let's see how it goes a day or two after the game is actually out. I know people expressed wanting a spoiler thread.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1336389181988343812

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Palpek posted:

Good, now add more dicks.

I demand an entire field of dicks.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Gerstmann asking the actual important questions: https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1336356512797655056

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

El-P's lyrics say to "run backwards through a field of dicks" and RTJ is in the game so this is lore canon. :colbert:

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

GoG Galaxy 2 is a complete pile of poo poo, none of my friends could even get it to patch Baldurs Gate 3

I'd have definitely bought this on GoG in the witcher 3 days, now theres no chance

Can't you just...not use the client and download the stuff directly from GoG like every other GoG game?

quote:

Pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through the GOG GALAXY app. The offline installers will be available when the game is released on 10th December.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

you can but for BG3 they didn't upload all the patches to GoG so we were waiting like 2 weeks for bug fixes

i would assume CDPR wont do that since they own GoG but i'd also assume they've tested the game being launched through GoG Galaxy and they haven't apparently

Yeah I'd think CDPR would be better about putting updates online solely based on it being their platform, but I had no idea about the BG3 stuff.

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

so how the thing is going to work on steam
we already downloaded 53 gigas. thats the game?
where are the patches?

Steam patches will be out an hour or so before release I think I read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShallNoiseUpon
Sep 10, 2010

The early scouts have come back and it's not looking good, there's nothing ahead of us here except getting royally hosed over