Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
A hell of an OP, great job, you did beyond imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

a mysterious cloak posted:

PS4 or PC - which one do I choose

Depends on your PC, PC will have the best version. It's just a matter of how much of it you can experience based on your computer specs. CDPR put up a good chart that showed what you can expect depending on what you got, go take a look and see where you stand.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I want to start downloading already, come on CDPR, let us PC fans begin the process already.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I expect a lot of hot takes on the game, that was always bound to happen. It's the hot new thing and the game of 2020. People are going to want to talk about it and some are going to have issues with it, drink, go to strip clubs, wow. How edgy is that they'll say despite the fact this poo poo has been in games for years now, GTA anyone and they'll give that game a nine out of ten every time because you know they will and do. But in Cyberpunk 2077 it's a big new controversial thing somehow, someone alert Jack Thompson and protect the poor children.

I'm sure they wrote some vigorous post about how wrong in Blade Runner 2049 the big nude hologram was, did you see that, TITS.

American really has the stupidest hang ups with sex and drugs, EDGY. Blowing peoples skulls off or slice and dicing them, sure that's fine. Pew pew.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Chalks posted:

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

Best Buy hosed up and sent out their CE's days ago. Then they began to sell the game at retail the next day. Hence this is why people are playing the game that are not reviewers etc.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I said come in! posted:

I tried to get a copy yesterday at my Best Buy, but they wouldn't sell to me. :(

They likely pulled them once someone pointed out the mistake.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Turin Turambar posted:

I can only say, yehaww
https://i.imgur.com/25xdeMa.png

(V on the inventory screen)

Micheal Jackson!

Kinda looks like him, well at least the 80's How they might look in twenty years time depiction of him anyways.

Boy were they way off.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

NoMas posted:

Do NOT buy this game for the sex scenes. They are extremely poor.

You mean can't DP a woman with a character that has two dicks?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
drat I thought the game was suppose to be pre loadable on Steam by now. Someone smack Gabe around until it is.

Going Male street kid, then female corpo and male nomad.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

cheesetriangles posted:

1 hour from now for Steam

Yeah that makes sense.

sean10mm posted:

Isn't the review embargo supposed to be up by now?

Of course it's a million hour game so lol and getting a quick review out that isn't trash.

Don't expect a ton of reviews, only some people actually got a code to do reviews with so it will be far less than the norm.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
From CDPR:

It has come to our attention that, because of a mistake on our part, one of the in-game advertisements used in the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook and the under-development version of the game contains a character based on Mr. Izuagbe Ugonoh.

Immediately after learning about this fact, we removed the in-game advertisement from the game, as well as all future reprints of the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook. We also contacted Mr. Ugonoh’s management team so the situation can be fixed. At the same time, it is also important for us to publicly apologize to Mr. Ugonoh himself.

Please accept our apology — although this situation is the result of our mistake, it should not have occurred in the first place.

I had to look up who this was, it said and I quote " Polish-Nigerian mixed martial artist and former professional boxer and kickboxer."

How utterly random is that.

Okay with the Polish connection not so much.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

syntaxrigger posted:

Just curious was there a reason to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG vs Steam? I expect it is the same deal but I haven't been following this very close.

e:typo

You got an extra bonus item on GOG if you pre ordered, other than that more money go towards CPR if you buy on GOG than steam.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Olympic Mathlete posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks super mediocre to actually play. The AI seems to be really loving dumb too. I'll give this a miss.

Ah the classic I haven't played this, it's poo poo gamer. Truly a bastion of insight.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

GreenBuckanneer posted:

for the record, it's just a digital comic

Yeah it's not a big deal. It's mostly if you want to support CDPR more or not that makes people go with GOG.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
This is going to take like a day for me to download, and that's if lucky. I hate being out in the sticks.

On the bright side, it means I get to kill my time with Hades.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm going to bet some reviewers are going to be relatively harsh on the game for different reasons so the ratings will fall somewhere between mid/late 70's to around 87.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Qmass posted:

WTF the download on PS4 is 102 gigs

That's with the patch to fix all the issues that some people said were in the base versions of the game. It's why the game got delayed twice, it was ready to go in March, the PC version anyways, it took more time to tackle some of the issues that were frequent on the consoles.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah a lot of people don't know how Steam works.

I tried suggesting people buy through GOG on the last thread and someone laughed at me :smith:

This can likely be blamed on people not wanting to split up their game collection or download another client.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Communist Bear posted:

PC Gamer is a bit more positive, though again the bugs are a huge issue. It reckons it will improve over time:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-review/

Sounds like this is rather typical CDPR - an incredibly buggy experience pulling down the game. You'd think they would have learned their lessons from the Witcher series.

It's definitely par the course. CDPR doesn't stop at launch and will continue to work on it and fix things if not enhance others. We saw that with the Witcher already each time so we should know this song and dance by now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean it’s like an Obsidian game...you just know they’ll actually be able to spend time and fix it, which sometimes happens with Obsidan and other times...not so much.

I’m kind of leaning towards the PC version now, even if it’s via a cloud gaming service. I can still pair a controller to an old MacBook Pro I have and plug that directly into the tv. That should take care of input lag concerns.

The PC version was always going to be the best. And as I said already most of the technical issues are with the base consoles hence the two big delays we got. Probably not surprising considering CDPR has more experience with PC than console versions.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I just wasn’t sure if I’d want to trust it to a streaming platform...but I think I will and I can always grab the console one when it goes on sale.

I wouldn't trust a streaming platform with my life, but then my net is poo poo, if yours is godly it might be a different story. Even then I wouldn't go Stadia or anything. I mean who expects that to even be around in a year.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

rap music posted:

Can someone just fuckin tell me what the right opinion is already

Sure.

It's what you believe the truth to be.

In the end no one can answer for you, you may like it, you may hate it, you may think it's brilliant or you may think it's trash.

In the end, decide for yourself.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ZeeBoi posted:

I have a feeling a lot of people won’t finish this game

A lot of folk didn't finish Witcher 3 either. And that game is the gold standard in gaming.

It's why they made this one shorter and might explain some story beats.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ZeeBoi posted:

Wonder how effective the day one patch will be or if we will see a constant flow of patches for a while

I might be wrong but there may be two patches, a day one patch and another. CDPR kinda alluded there to being a second one that helps with a lot of the issues but its not out yet. But hey if I'm completely wrong someone feel free to point it out.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Some people want to hear from Toms Hardware, I on the other hand wait for Digital Foundry.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Six AM posted:

No way?!

Ya rly.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Actually I think that had the Gameready ones in the last update.

Wasn't it just a thing that said the game played best on 3000 series cards and not actual drivers for the game.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This is bad guys. This is really bad. This is mass effect andromeda all over again. No wonder they banned footage from being shown before release they didn't want to get memed into oblivion like bioware did.

Yeah, no. This game is actually getting good reviews.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pylons posted:

If I'm getting more Deus Ex out of this game, I'm happy. Mankind Divided doing so poorly that it's never going to get a finale for the trilogy is one of my biggest gaming bummers of the past few years. Especially since MD wasn't even a bad game.

CDPR said itself it's more in the vein of Deus Ex. Those thinking it was going to be Call of Duty 2077 were always in for a rude surprise.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Tim Whatley posted:

If you think these specs are wild, there's a new Medal of Honor VR game coming out Friday and the MINIMUM specs include a 2080, 170GB storage and double that to unpack.

Video games!

I remember when a single gig was massive.

Hell I remember when I only had a 80 gig HD and thought it would take care of anything.

Those were the times.

*Pats his 5 TB collection of SDD's and NVME's.*

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I remember being excited when my parents got a computer that had enough storage for me to do FULL INSTALLS of videogames. Wow, I don't need to swap discs to play Baldur's Gate!

Casting magic missile in the sequel always caused the game to crash.

Turin Turambar posted:

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1335999302812925954

SkillUp at least shows some integrity. He finished the game but will way until he can use his own footage.

Integrity? He's a chud, so is his brother who runs a channel that targets chuds.

In short, gently caress'em.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Slumpy posted:

Cyberpunk 2077: who cares

Based on your post, it appears you do.

drat people you posted a lot while I whittled some talk away playing Hades (seriously if Cyberpunk 2077 does nothing for you try this, even if it does still try it) and it's pretty much everything expected. Kind of a wild ride.

Oh and as for SkillUp it was about a year ago, I was going to say on this forum but maybe another, some people basically showed some of the stuff from the second channel he does with his bro and yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It was really disappointing. Though for the life of me I can't remember the specifics but if you dig around you'll probably see.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pulcinella posted:

Cyberpunk may top it, but I think no game has had its well of discussion poisoned more than TLOU2. It’s basically impossible to talk about between the chuds and complaints about poo poo that’s not actually in the game.

The game was always going to be divisive. I say that as someone who bought the Witcher games as they came out and been super hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 which I still am. Probably because about everything said was expected, I haven't been shocked by the things people talked about being in game, any controversies or the reviews. CDPR could have handled many issues far better than they did, the sad thing is it wouldn't have taken much. Would that have pleased everyone? To a degree, not fully, but it would have helped. Some times just attempting to do something right can mean something even if you don't stick the landing. Buggy console versions, seeing as they are a PC developer first and foremost their ambition likely got ahold of them here. It's a shame they couldn't have done the PC version first and then release PS5 and whateverthefuckthexboxmachinecallsitself versions down the road. I imagine that would have went far smoother and got better versions and reactions. Working on the PC, the PS4 of which there are two versions and two Xboxwhateverthefucktheycallit that has two versions and then two more versions, one each for the next gen systems is a pretty high task to do right. Unless CDPR seriously expanded this was always going to be difficult for them to pull off smoothly. Again, ambition outstripped ability here.

That said there was a lot of things people wanted to an asinine degree there was no way the game could do it all. Go into any house/building and see every room. Buy from every vendor. Every character out on the street is fleshed out to an absurd degree that you could basically tell what they ate if you crawled up their rear end. A lot of bizarre things you never see said or asked about in other games that are opened world. Yet people expected it from Cyberpunk 2077 for some reason. Hype? Disdain? Depending on who was saying it both answers likely were true.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 8, 2020

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Look we should all focus on the important things… Finding and confirming ways to unlock the game early... and not actually having it succeed in the end.

Not that I’m endorsing it, I’m wondering if somebody got the exe from a press build and dropped in the GoG version if it would work, since I thought that GoG is everything except the EXE?

Oh the ways I try and kill time.

Do what I'm doing, play the ever loving hell out of Hades.

It's fantastic. It can easily tide you over for the next two days.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://i.redd.it/aktfeupu7u361.jpg

It's the user agreement with a bit of Cyberpunk 2077 flair.

Was going to post that as an image but it would have taken up the whole screen.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zaphod42 posted:

SA pro tip: replace the img tag with a timg tag and it'll make a thumbnail link :)

Like so

I bow in reverence to thy wisdom and knowledge.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those on the reddit subs for the game do be careful. People are sending others messages about users being banned only for it to turn out to be a spoiler filled message.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Unless you can get it for next to nothing try and get a 3000 series card, it's a big improvement, even the lowest versions. Finding one though is the tricky part...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zaphod42 posted:

He already owns the card. 2070 is fine. (He's saying budget back when he bought it, not now)

Oh right, I totally misread that.