Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is it truly possible that within a week I will be confined and made to be the lesser of a beautiful man, without the blood on his hands?

And also playing Cyberpunk 2077?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, I'm in the second act here and just got out of Clouds looking for Evelyn, had some Relic errors that have carried on through the bit with fingers and Wakado and the distoriation effect is getting annoying. When does this let up?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

when it doubt restart the game

A reload fixed it. Thought it was plot related or soemthing.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is athletics supposed to be this mind bogglingly glacial to rank up? If I'm only halfway to rank 3 when V is level 22 after spending most of my playtime sprinting around and beating the poo poo out of everything bare handed then gently caress it. Cheat engined the XP in.

And I have never gained a single point of Cold Blooded.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Take one perk point in the basic "Generate Cold Blood" Perk and you'll start getting XP every time it procs...which will be every time you kill someone.

Take one perk point in the basic "Regeneration" Perk and you'll start getting XP there during every fight for as long as the fight goes on.

That's it? I never put any points into it since I thought I was never doing whatever it it wanted me to anyway so why bother.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay so the game is huge enough I may have just never found a follow up it but (very early spoilers) if you save Brick from the claymore trap in the Maelstrom place during the Flathead mission he says he owes you one and will pay ya back later. Where and when is later?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Are Gorilla Arms nonlethal? If my electric baton has a bleed chance and the DOT takes them down does that kill them?

I really can't tell just from observing and it bugs me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

I still can’t find anymore goddamn smart weapons and I’ve almost cleared every side job and gig on the map.

Almost everyone drops a power weapon with the occasional tech sniper rifle.

Do Tyler Claws not drop that stuff by the pound?

I think 6th Street is reliably packing smart assault rifles.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I reached Act 2, so time to talk of Act 1 . In Spoilers please.

ACT 1 and start of ACT 2 SPOILERS

-Second, I'm surprised they killed Jackie. Because that means they really spoiled the death and Dexter's betrayal in the 2019 trailer! I thought the trailers were an obvious red herring because OBVIOUSLY CDPR weren't so stupid to spoil their own game that way, to waste what it could be an impactful moment... I was wrong.

Jackie was death flagging so hard so fast that after about an a hour I started mentally inserting a bagpipe dirge into background whenever he was around, and I loved that lug.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Why is the grim future littered with vinyl records and card decks anyway?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean I got a police bounty for killing an Arasaka team and their tank bot on the outskirts of town so I have no idea how the NCPD works outside of being largely impotent if they aren't MAXTAC.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Somebody spoil a little something for me since it sorta bothers me.

End of act 1 spoilers.
So is T-bug actually dead? Like that wasn't a fake out or something and she just gets fried mostly off screen and never comes up again?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

space uncle posted:

Were you guys strong enough / built well enough to kill the Arasaka mech on the Heist mission?

I just ran away and jumped in the elevator.

I just blasted it down.

it's pretty tanky and all but it'll eat poo poo if you shoot it's little missile launcher components. And I'm sure its helpless to quick hacks like everything else.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Katt posted:

Putting a skillpoint into throwing knives sure was a waste of my time huh.

Does stealing exist in this game as a criminal act? I walked into a house a took piles of money in front of the owner and no one minded.

I think I walked into like a motel or small apartment building or something and swiped some eddies off the front desk like usual and the receptionist or whatever whipped out a shotgun.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is there a place you can buy cyber eye mods and poo poo? A screen on the ripper docs I'm missing maybe? I'm reliant on random drops and it seems like 98% of those are more explosive analysis and nonlethal but no crit mods.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Section Z posted:

Turns out the 'trade' tab at the very top of the screen is where cyberdocs sell mods and occasionally blueprints for mods.

Like all Blueprints for sale, it will only list the name and not tell you what it actually does.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure one time some "Common" blueprints resulted in rare recipes in the crafting menu so always quicksave before you buy I guess.

This is huge and I must now begin a pilgrimage to everyone of the hundreds of ripper docs operating in this dumpster town.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I love that I made a vendor run out of money from the shirt scam.

Are there any higher level profitable things to craft beyond the fire jacket?

Edit: while I can’t really play now I think I can do that problem free lol.

Whats the shirt scam?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nuebot posted:

My favorite thing about this game is the weapon description for the Kanabo. It's something like "When you can't understand Japanese even basic words like club sound exotic" and made me laugh.

Jambalaya: Ancient french for "gently caress it, just toss in everything."

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Pay Vik, you deadbeat!

I love Vik and all but browsing his stock suggests the mark one Kyoshis and the ballistic grips actually add up to way less then 21k considering the epic versions of each are 20000 for both.

Dudes a rip off doc!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't understand why the unlockable crafting recipes you get from grinding out ranks are so scatter shot. Like none of the given recipes seem to grind out to coherent ensembles but I guess it doesn't really matter because the armor stat is either buggy or irrelevant anyway? It seems easier and somehow far, far cheaper to just throw status immunities on my skin cyber slots and wear any old thing I find.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm still chewing my way through the map and act 2 but it kinda bothers me that your a material witness and suspect in the murder of the worlds most powerful man, everyone is making GBS threads themselves, Dex caps you since your now a furiously radioactive loving associate because it and then by the time you crawl outta your apartment with a new headmate there is zero heat on and nobody even really comments on it besides like, Rogue noting your old crew being dead.

Like Yorinobo may have reasons not to really care about V but I don't see why he would bother to focus exclusively on Takemura when possibility of you being used the way Goro wants to use you exists. I guess that drone didn't actually get a recording of you and Jackie's face or whatever?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean the sledge hammer claims nonlethality and it's finisher animation is splattering a skull like watermelon.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

you can end up accidentally killing people in a lot of ways, if they take any damage after the nonlethal takedown it's oopsies

I think if they go down from multiple different DoT effects a good epic if not legendary is liable to have that'd be lethal as well?

Or at least seems to be.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Section Z posted:

I'm sure the game ignores this constantly, but there is a throwaway line regarding that last part that When Vic is installing your new eye, he mentions it has Ghost in the shell style "Scramble a camera's view of your face"... Which of course thus far what I've played amounts to nothing but flavor text that has been of no help unless that is also the lore reason of 'He survived running away for two blocks, time for teleporting cops to give up'

I mean sure but even with that complication Takemura has personally found your trashed not quite corpse by dawn, with an unknown but probably limited amount of resources. It just feels weird that imminent Johnnyfication aside V is mostly allowed to go back to their routine after some bed rest.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't really understand how the blackwall works. Like, it segregates the new internet from the old infrastructure because a bunch A.I and super viruses or something are over there? Why not just shut down the old hosting servers or wherever the actual physical locations they live in is?

Is this like digimon, is cyberspace a parallel universe?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's a great system that's means that I can find the body of some lady killed by the gangers I just whacked quite some time before I find and do the hit job that she was killed in retaliation for ordering.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm dusting this off and playing again for the first time since the month it came out, anything super interesting to look out for besides new guns and clothing transmog? I hear traffic has A.I now.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Aerondight being a lovely overpriced car is a fun twist after all the bullshit you give through to get Aerondight the Sword back in Witcher 3.

I think I found a couple of those in a box out in the woods.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Corpo just feels right? It makes for an interesting counter point to Jackie and Johnny's backgrounds and I like the unique dialogue options in most cases.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's interesting that the gangs actually feel like they get a little less evil or maybe just less provoking once your south of Watson and Japantown? Like the Valentinos, Animals and 6th street can get to some real poo poo but I never feel quite as bloodthirsty as when I read what the tigers, Maelstrom and especially the Scavs have up to.

Maybe I'm just jaded by that stage of the play through.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I understand the development team was stressed enough as it is but I do regret that there isn't enough big mechanized units out there in NC to fight. When I pull out O'Five or Comrades Hammer to just drop another gangoon it feels like I'm just stunting rather then needing a big gun option.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think the biggest reason to pump reflexes is so you can access the really top end Sandevistan units and maybe the top speed micromotor cyberware for maximum chopping.

I should do a katana run sometime. Somebody programmed and modeled those weeb rear end animations, may as well use them.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

I have come to the only difficult decision of playthrough 2 Do I save Goro this time? I'm not doing the devil ending and I know what happens to him if he's alive at that point and you pick anything else :(

The time to save Goro was long before he was the slavishly devoted foot soldier to the greatest villain of his age. Allow events to pass, that he may not degenerate himself further.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Why was Ivoreth not in Cyberpunk after they hosed up getting him in Witcher 3?! :mad:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

personally I was bummed we didn't get to see Ciri jumping in between worlds.

She should have had the high score in Roach Race.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was sure he was going to come back because of that. But that's a super cool point of the Tarots, I'd never considered that.

The irony, of course, is that if you'd both just left the chip in a few seconds later, the whole revival / overwrite mess would have happened to him and not you. But then maybe you'd have died in that hotel? Or maybe not, since, Jackie would be there roo maybe? who knows!

I'm not sure it would have worked like that, Jackie died because he took some degree of HMG round to the side and it turns out unlike V a hype only goes so far in regards to bleeding out or other internal complications. V by comparison got shot in the head with Dex's lovely gun that fires rolls of eddies or something, and the relics built in function of restructuring the brain happened to have an answer to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

quote:

Never Fade Away - Fixed an issue where Rogue despawned from the couch in the Atlantis, blocking progress.

I love irony.