Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Prologue spoilers

Totally called Jackie snuffing from like, a mile away. Dude was just too hopeful and helpful to live. Might as well have had him talk about being three days from retiring to his new boat the S.S. Going to Live Forever

Man I haven't got there yet. When tf is this prologue over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Once I'm in the open world (my current quest is to meet with the Ripperdoc) can I just explore and do sidequests with no restrictions, or is there an event coming like that "prologue spoiler" after which I will be officially Playing The Game?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

for general purposes, you will absolutely be 100 percent aware when you are done with the prologue. if you think 'im pretty sure i finished the prologue', you have not

Oh this probably answers my question

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Are there missable quests? Like you progress the crit path and you suddenly get a pop-up like "quest failed: restore your foreskin"?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Spent a bit of time today fiddling with graphics options, may devote tonight to figuring out what all the stats are. One perk said it lowers enemies' "Physical Resistance" a phrase I didn't see anywhere else in the menus or cyclopedia on a cursory look. I guess it means their armour is lowered against physical damage, eg guns? I mean it's not that complicated- point and shoot- but I'd probably best get the hang of what all the little icons mean if I'm going to try to play this on the hardest mode

Tei posted:

A more modern prediction would be Amazon The Boys, for how cinical is political correctness and fad following / design by commite and corporations controlling people public opinion with a iron fist. A different "corpos run the world" than in the cyberpunk universes.

-------------

Why sometimes I can't do silent kills? seems random
The Boys made me fall in love with it early on when the main character goes home and he has a loving funko pop of the dude who smashed his girlfriend into chunks

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Any data yet on which side quests autofail if you progress the main quest? I'm still in the starting zone after 12 hours and wouldn't mind progressing the main quest, but I hate to miss out on Content

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

Bad news friend, by doing quests before you meet Keanu, you are missing out on whatever he’d say about your quests.x

They've got me coming and going. Geniuses. Well, I can say that 12 hours represents the 6 month timeskip

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I haven't followed the hype for this game, but I don't think GTA comparisons are appropriate; this game has first person combat and all but it's still an RPG and probably compares better with something like the old Fallout games, or Pillars Of Eternity. In those games NPCs are pretty simple and largely there to fill out the scene, provide obstacles for stealth and so on. Cyberpunk's NPCs still fall short (eg I can "stealth" through a packed nightclub in full view of a dozen patrons and it's considered ghosting) but it's not intended to be a full-on sandbox

pmchem posted:

I'm warming up to this. It'd be hilarious if CDPR was just like "gently caress it" and intentionally released a lovely console port. PC users are faced with the other end of the stick on that all the time from other studios.

(CP2077 is great on PC)
I'm gonna say it's not good to knowingly sell a defective product, even if it does epically own the console cucks

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

There's always more games than I can ever play, a year with no new games at all would let me make a dent in my backlog. I'm planning a second playthrough of cyberpunk where I ignore hacking and stealth entirely, but I probably won't start it until expansions start to come out

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Katt posted:

When you can just flip literal bullet weapons into non-lethal with a super cheap mod then the whole thing feels pointless.

Usually there would be some larger reward for managing a whole mission non-lethal. Like a karma system. Instead the game penalizes you by not giving you cred or xp for a non lethal takedown.

Non lethal? No problem. I just flip a switch on this anti material rifle and it programs this half pound depleted uranium sabot to be non-lethal.

So when I fire it through three cars and into a guys face he just goes to sleep instead. What with it being non-lethal now.

It's like they started a whole system of non-lethal themed abilities and approaches and then just binned it.

One thing that I neglected when putting the nonlethal mod on my SMG was that it doesn't make DOT effects nonlethal. So I was pumping people full of harmless nonlethal SMG rounds, which then set them on fire and burned them to death. Lmao oops

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

So I'll probably experiment with this over the next couple of levels but: there are multiple separate perks which give you access to various levels of quickhack crafting recipes- uncommon, rare, epic, etc. Can you choose these perks independently of each other? Why would I choose to take the one that gives you uncommon quickhack recipes when I could wait a while and get the epic one? Why not make it one perk with multiple levels?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I did the rogue cabs quest last night and it was the first time I'd spent a lot of time driving around. Kind of funky draw distance for shadows aside, driving really highlights how gorgeous the game is and how visually all the different areas are. Plus the various cans were pretty interesting. Good quest!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Last King posted:

can't agree more with this. having to save scum over and over again to try to get two high rolls (quality and then max mod slots) on unique and legendary gear really sucks.

for random items that people drop, sure! but for iconic, unique, and legendary guns or armor, they should just be set. why add another layer of bs on top of everything else?

Don't bother savescumming for high rolls imo. You don't need to and it sounds like a hassle

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

spouse posted:

So, hang on a sec. (Psycho Killer questline spoilers): I get loving nothing? I completed it, "here's your reward" and I got... some xp? I maimed 17 of those stupid assholes, and I get... nothing? What a ridiculous oversight.

You get the experience of 17 boss fights with cool bullet sponge bad guys

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

MarshyMcFly posted:

Why is the entire Reddit forum bitching about CP2077 not being an RPG? How’s this game not an RPG?

The question of what exactly makes a game an RPG is as old as the genre, and a running gag on RPG-focused sites. I remember reddit bitching about Fallout 4 in similar fashion. Personally I'd feel pretty comfortable calling cyberpunk an RPG, it reasonably satisfies my own standards- I can create a character and build them in different ways through the game, I am given agency in how quests play out and this agency is potentially affected by my character build choices. It's certainly further into the RPG end of the spectrum than any of the Witcher games, so I don't know what basis anyone would have to complain about it!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Rinkles posted:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/dlc
guessing one of the first things will be character customization

I've had my money on that and new game plus as two of them, if Witcher 3 is any indication then some alternate outfits, unique items and a couple of quests also

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

So I'm a little way's into Act 2 and often my screen shakes and V get's disturbed by a "Relic" malfunction.

Early when Johnny is introduced Misty gives me two different types of pills to either prolong or reduce the creeping effects of the relic taking over. Am I supposed to have these in my inventory for using them? The UI is such a drat mess I'm not seeing them. Any clues without many spoilers?

I'm 99% certain those "malfunctions" are just to remind you about the chip in your head and have no actual effect on the game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Still lmao @ everyone who accidentally hosed wrong. Especially dudes who are SO SHOCKED and SO CONFUSED like that onion article about that guy and all the drat homosexuals who keep sucking his dick.

I loled when they gave me summaries of my two options and then when the dualogue options came up the names were reversed. That was preem

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Is there any reason to whether blunt weapons cause non-lethal or lethal damage? Mine seems to be about 50-50 and I think it has something to do with afflicting status effects. I heat the shock sound on impact, which is either stun or my Gorilla Arm mods...? I'm guessing bleed chance also factors in.

I think any damage-over-time effect will do lethal damage if it's still on when their hp hits zero. Actually I think if you get an enemy down to zero hp with non-lethal damage, any further damage after that will kill them. That's just based on stuff like trying to hack everyone down in a camp using non-lethal spells and getting told that I'd killed someone

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah the blood pool is the giveaway I think. Sometimes people might be moving a bit, but if they've got the blood pool then RIP

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Artelier posted:

Is there a way to take 4K screenshots at the moment of capturing it? Like, the game runs at 1080 or 1440 in the photo mode, and only when I hit Capture it will scale up to 4K, and save it as 4K?

I'd love this, if when I hit Take Screenshot it maxed out all the settings for a split second

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Collateral posted:

Is the game playable yet?

I got it day one on PC and have only had one crash, at the end of character creation. Your mileage may vary; I've seen people post patch 1.05 say they were still having frequent issues and other people saying 1.05 caused them to start having issues. But in general it seems perfectly playable for most on PC and on next-gen consoles. If you have a PS4 or Xbone, probably save this game until you upgrade

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I wish they'd waited until January to release it. I keep thinking "when's the next patch" and then belatedly realising they're probably off for Christmas

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

MarshyMcFly posted:

Has anyone been getting the bug where the legendary ping will reveal every single device but not enemies???? Wtf is with this?

Oh is that a bug? I thought it was the game trying to be challenging by having the enemies and devices connected to separate networks so I couldn't just ping a fridge and immediately kill everyone in the level. In retrospect, lol that I thought that

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Sachant posted:

V isn't really that savvy or competent at this point, and Dex is pretty washed up. The heist in general is a comedy of errors that makes everyone look like an amateur and it's remarkable it didn't go even worse.

No it isn't! they successully stole a priceless prototype biochip from one of the most powerful people on the planet, and it would all have gone off without a hitch if the Arasaka CEO hadn't by pure coincidence been murdered while they were in the room

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

ephex posted:

two people calling at once is the only thing i hate about this game

I got a call while I was talking to someone in-person and my in-person dialogue options were greyed out with a special icon denoting that I couldn't talk to them because I was on the phone. So the game can detect when I'm talking with someone in person vs on the phone but can't make it so a call doesn't come in while I'm talking to someone in person?! gently caress! rear end! Also I wish they'd stop calls coming in so thick and fast, I keep getting two or three calls within minutes of each other. Let me progress through a sidequest or something before getting another call, drat

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It's disappointing that hacking really isn't worked into the combat mechanics, it's basically a separate system entirely that functions as a "skip combat" button of varying effectiveness. They should have enemies who shut off their cybernetics if there's an alert so you can't ping or hack them, enemies who are never connected in the first place- maybe a whole luddite faction who you just cannot hack at all- phantom enemies, enemies who ping their own network so if you're silently picking people off they know about it, etc. There's a ton of stuff they could do with it if they treated it as an actual mechanical system. Maybe it'll get expanded on in DLC

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

stratdax posted:

And jamming with the band... yeah Kerry looks amazing for an 80 year old man, obvious due to anti-aging stuff, but it's still just yet another thing making this game seem like it's set in an earlier time than it is. Samurai supposedly broke up in 2008 in the in-game history. It just feels like the scale of the timeline is completely wonky. When the story is supposedly set is completely incongruous with these anchors from the past running around.
Wait Johnny's band broke up 15 years before his death? So what was with that interlude set in 2023, was that a reunion gig?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

Ok sure that's the displayed value, but so you still get randomly one shot by sniper rifles and knives or does it reduce damage properly

How do you know if it's reducing damage properly? Is there any in-game info on how much damage enemy attacks are supposed to do?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I have developed a bee in my bonnet about keeping the attributes layout organized. Having maxed out Int and Cool at the bottom I find myself only wanting to put points into Reflex at the top, or spread points equally among all 3. Second playthrough will probably focus on Body and Technical Ability based purely on where on the page they're located; hope there's some good synergy between those two...

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I also got swindled by Delamain

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

I need advice. Please note I read the OP then skipped here to post to avoid spoilers.

I am another guy who loved The Witcher 3 and I waited for Cyberpunk 2077 with great anticipation. I honestly didn't expect a release until 2021. I was torn between an XBone-X version or the PC version (because I love community mods but my late '18 PC can't do 4K while my Xbone-X can.)

Then came a surprise. I had not been paying attention and the game came out 12/10 and had a tremendously expensive Collector's Edition. I'm a real sucker for those, especially since I spent the $100 for HL2 and got that awesome Lambda hat (which I eventually lost, dammit) and I still keep that box on a shelf because HL2 was amazingly good.

When I stumbled across the 12/10 release date it was about 12/08, and the CE box was sold out everywhere. All the available boxes were on eBay for around $599.

Then I started reading about the bugs. CDPR offering full refunds. Pulled from the PS store. Especially how CDPR didn't want to release it because it was unfinished. Also, about the many cool doo-dads in the CE box.

For Christmas, my GF found one locally that was still factory sealed for $350 and she bought it for me, for the XBone-X (which I have) and the Series-X (which I don't.) So she got me this huge box and just to check I opened the case and found everything still factory sealed, including the physical media. Nothing had been opened at all.

Now I see it's back up for sale at Gamestop so I am torn. I also see 1.05 came out in late December. I understand the game doesn't have the depth TW3 had but I still haven't installed it because I'm wondering if keeping the CE around unopened to sell as a CE later while buying the digital copy for XBox or maybe even my PC, or if the launch just spoiled everything.

Sorry for all the detail but does anyone have a strong opinion about this? I could slice open the media and have the game installed (though I would rather wait until I hear the game is even more stable and maybe has some features added in). I could buy the digital copy and play that but I have so little time for gaming I'm willing to wait a while longer.

Does anyone had a strong opinion about saving the CE for eBay later on and buying digital now, or just say gently caress it and jump into my CE box as soon as the game seems... closer to finished.

I'm not the "scalper" type. I actually do like the extras in the box (though I don't really care about the huge statue because I have no place to display it) but I'll just install it if it won't bring in a little extra money down the road. To really answer this question I would need to know if CDPR/distributors are planning to discontinue the CE but I have no idea.

Thanks for your time.

Keep the console collector's edition, on the Xbone-X it'll run better than the old Bone. Side note, it probably has more depth than Witcher 3 depending on how you define "depth"

E: for leveling it might make sense to switch between attribute and perk points, like attribute point every odd level and perk point every even. You could still max out 2 attributes that way, and 25 perks sounds like a decent number. Or go the Fallout 4 route and have one point every level that you can spend on an attribute OR a perk. Can't say I mind the current system as it adds a lot of flexibility, but there's not much agony of choice when you can just decide at level 30 to start exploring the Clodblood tree

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 3, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Now that I think about it, is there any like underground subway or sewer stuff? I think I've been above ground the whole game so far. Not that I'm exactly clamoring for sewer levels, but an old disused subway would be cool to explore as I dunno a DLC area

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Not only does he say it, but he says it AS SOON as he sees Evelyn, like immediately upon identifying her as a woman, which suggests that it’s just his default thing to say to women

Notably he looks like he has zero sexual function at all, so not unlikely the sole reason he says it is because he thinks it'll upset her

E: wrt cut content, I'm of the opinion that this game meets and exceeds Witcher 3 standards for... basically everything? Except for stability, but I haven't had enough issues to complain in that area except for the odd place where performance tanks and I'm not sure why. But they've sold 13 million copies and that buys a lot of hands on keyboards for updates and DLC, so who knows where it'll be a year from now. But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if there's really not much cut content, stuff that people point to as being cut could also just be stuff that was never implemented because the devs didn't think it necessary, like NPC AI. If NPCs shot at me from their cars when I collided with them or what have you, it wouldn't actually make me have a better time with the game

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 3, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

At a scale of nigh on ten years' development and all the funding that number suggests, there's likely no such thing as "necessary", necessary ends at what's possible to implement.

Said it before, will say again

Like how great the mental gymnastics you have to pull to see an open world without the basic features of open worlds twenty years old and say "this was the vision"

I mean this game's city isn't far from what I remember of Witcher 3's city. Did NPCs have schedules in that game, did they have a variety of reactions to you causing a ruckus? Was it even possible to cause a ruckus? I remember doing something that caused level 50 guards to suddenly attack me, but I also remember not even being able to draw my weapon in villages

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Mass Effect games do that as well, i think the explanation for it was that the male and female voice actors having the exact same script for the whole game just makes things easier and less likely to be missed

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Cold Blood doesn't have a little icon when it's active wtf are you doing cdpr :negative:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Section Z posted:

This reminds me how every time somebody complains V doesn't suffer any Cyber Psycho risks for installing two kinds of robotic lungs, I just sigh wishing we could have some of the tech on display from not just psychos and gang members, but regular people.

"Oh, so I should go cyber psycho because I have high jump ankles huh?"
"Yes! You have gone too far from what it means to be human!"
"And the lady with pointy murder legs happily talking on her cellphone, and all the hookers with glowing fishnet lightning, or the golden god of a man who happily says 'Hey, I think I've seen you before!' at a crosswalk... are more in touch with being human with their chrome than mine, got it, cool, sure."

I'm garish as hell and want those neon glowing fishnet tatoo legs even on Dude V, even accounting for the graphical glitches where they flicker like a divine lava lamp outside of the legs. Then we'll talk cyber psycho points for V.

V is pretty cyberpsycho, apart from butchering hundreds of people over the course of the game he's also literally losing his mind after installing a hi-tech chip in his brain

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I don't quite get what upgrading does. I had a purple SMG, I upgraded it, and now I have... a purple SMG with slightly higher DPS. Does it have to be upgraded a certain number of times before it goes up to orange?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

From a lore standpoint and a Cyberpunk as it exists in the rules standpoint no, it’s absolutely the cyber mods.

From a CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 standpoint the cybermods are a factor but a bigger factor is being driven insane by the dystopia