Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Can I remove my penis and replace it with a monofilament whip?

If you have a partner, you should verify with them that the increased girth won't cause any discomfort, before making a decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

I summoned my car and it ran me over :saddowns:

Also got mantis claws and my game's kinda stalled out because I can't stop myself from murderspreeing until I die and then immediately starting over once I reload.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Mantis Blades strong/sprint attack is a pretty cool leap where you impale your poor victim and lift them overhead.

However, this typically leads to the poor victim's nearby buddies pumping you full of lead while you're locked in position playing out the animation.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Same thing happened to me. Window's cursed

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Finished the game (once). 33 hours. Ending spoilers:

I went for the "Johnny and Rogue storm the tower" path. That certainly didn't end very well for anyone.

It seems a bit weird that V gets so upset if Johnny decides to head to cyberspace. But I don't know enough about the Cyberpunk universe to know whether "living" as an engram is a good thing. Seems like a kind of virtual immortality, but Alt doesn't entirely seem to still be a person, so I can't really figure out if V would be better off as an engram in cyberspace, or spending six months trying to get their hands on some experimental medical procedure or something to reverse the chip.

Bittersweet all around.

I really look forward to trying that hovertank I nabbed with the Nomads.

Anyone know enough about the universe to say what the ramifications of V's "jump towards the space station" ending is? Going down in the history books?

Game good. I've still got about a dozen side jobs and truly enormous pile of gigs I haven't done.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Found an epic smartlink sniper rifle. I usually play very "guns blazing", but it's pretty relaxing and entertaining to just sit halfway across the map and go "fwisssssssssssssh-*splortch*"

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Jeoh posted:

i really like the mantis blades, except for when you get the animation of you holding your enemy to the sky while your other enemies get ready to absolutely blast the poo poo out of you

I found out that if you get the "all damage is nonlethal" mod for your eyes, the mantis blades don't play the impalement animation. Makes jumping around murdering incapacitating fools a lot more workable.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Bronze Fonz posted:

Imagine, a game developer exploring new IP's!

Did anyone get mad when Bethesda announced Starfield instead of a new Elder Scrolls or Fallout game?

Having not looked into this even slightly, I'm going to give you an absolutely ironclad guarantee, that someone got very mad indeed.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

I'm always up for dunking on ME3's ending.

An additional fuckup: The "Final Battle", which you might expect to be the grandest spectacle in the series, ended up being a reused, watered-down multiplayer map. Since I'd mixed my playthrough with some multiplayer sessions and was consistently playing multiplayer on a much harder difficulty than singleplayer, the "grand finale" ended up so incredibly underwhelming that I halfway expected the game to cut to a "You snap out of the trance and HERE's THE REAL (good) FIGHT!"-scene until halfway through the credits.

And then there's all the rest. Such a goddamn shitshow.

Way to trip on the finish line, break a leg, poo poo yourself and go on a weird godawful rant there, game.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

I was perfectly satisfied playing at launch (but I also lucked into picking a pretty broken build)

I have played a bit post-rework patch and I really like it. Only reason I don't play more is that I'm expecting some DLC, and I'm saving my next playthrough for that.

The only things that have really started to annoy me are redoing 'fixed' events like the brain dances, but that shouldn't affect you for a playthrough or two.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

Smart Guns are also a blast when you can just sort of stroll around and aim in someone general direction.

Or hacking + sniper rifles, just sneak, kill, and remain out of their return fire all the time

One of my favourite experiences from my first playthrough was finding a purple smartgun sniper rifle on an otherwise melee-only character.

*Pft-tsssssssssssssssssssss-splat*

Very relaxing.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Finished Phantom Liberty. Downright fantastic, if also kind of a downer in general.

they did a bloody James Bond title sequence as an outro, the mad bastards! Loved it!

Really looking forwards to the next iteration of Cyberpunk, even if I hope they add just a bit of sugar in the mix.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Clocks posted:

I haven't actually even started PL but I heard this song on youtube and had to play it on repeat a bunch of times because it was so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u15tEo0wsQI

BG3 OST is amazing this year, too.

I had never really given much thought to how important a part of a game the music is. Which is weird, considering how much I listened to Hell March in my teens.

But going from BG3 (amazing music) to Starfield (I thiiiiink there was some music in there?) to CP2077 and PL (back to amazing music) really brought it into stark relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Booted up Cyberpunk when I got home today.

Tried the metro system. Fell asleep and woke up an hour later one station over from where I got on the metro.

Game is a 100% match to my IRL lived experience.