Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yay nomad wins. My thinking is that since I don't know much about the setting and the focus is the city choosing a path where I'm coming in as an outsider would be best for a first run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Qmass posted:

I heard you guys like NPCs

https://streamable.com/djrey4

I wonder how they do this. I couldn't see any doubles there so I wonder if they've got an algorithm which randomizes a person every time they appear on screen (which could lead so some funny poo poo) or if there's just a lot so we will start seeing repeats once we've gotten familiar enough with the game.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Hoping ACG drops his review tomorrow as I tend to enjoy games that he likes

I plan to go Nomad hacker with a focus on Intelligence, reflex and technical ability.
I wanna hack and build poo poo

Him and SkillUp are basically the only two people I trust. Everyone else is a liar and a cheat.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turin Turambar posted:

The Division problem is that is a slow and tedious static cover shooter, that accentuates the bullet sponginess. Look at Doom, most enemies are bullet spongey too, but it doesn't matter because you can do circles around them. So taking in account CP2077 is a FPS, I don't think it will feel like The Division.

I know it's nitpicky but 2077 isn't an FPS. It's in first person and it has shooting in it but that's not the focus of the game. In an RPG and looks like it'll play more like vampire masquerade than deus ex.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is today the day the steam download opens up?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thanks guys. Do they include the patches?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Capntastic posted:

Can you stream on twitch with nudity?

No for the last time put some pants on when you stream.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm going to make a day one mod that replaces all the sex noises with the noises the Terminator makes when it's moving without skin on which is the best way I know how to explain that particular machine noise.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
:mad:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wiltsghost posted:

Fair enough I guess. I didn't really think about people who legally got the game early.

That's basically everyone who has the game right now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turin Turambar posted:

what's the story behind that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358074&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=210#post383908590

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

You should go to your work meeting and then later on when you have some time free play video games.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Steam preloading is up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Eason the Fifth posted:

Whereyall think metacritic is gonna land

I'm guessing 93

Not counting trolls and haters? 100.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is bad guys. This is really bad. This is mass effect andromeda all over again. No wonder they banned footage from being shown before release they didn't want to get memed into oblivion like bioware did.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sean10mm posted:

(Looks at 91 on Metacritic)

LMAO nope

Metacritic gave Mario Party 64 a 79.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Anyways I'm kidding the people I've actually listened to talk about their experiences are absolutely gushing about it. Like "best video game they've ever played" level of praise despite the bugs and glitches.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Grumbles posted:

Thoughts RE people bemoaning the criticisms of gratuity/sex stuff - sounds like this game has problems! It's disappointing to hear that the game doesn't tread the line well enough thematically. Like, I get that the setting and tabletop game are an incredibly broad brush, but edginess - and what constitutes Having Something To Say, isn't really just something you can copy and paste from the 80's. So I get why people like Jeff Gerstmann feel weird that it's just dicks and tits with no nuance. This is already an update from the original pen and paper RPG in terms of technology, bringing it into 2020 - why not update the writing and craft to today's standard too?

edit: I'd still be curious to play it though. Might wait for a sale.

Why is having something to say capitalized?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Relax Or DIE posted:

well, for me, i don't care if the story and gameplay are bad, or if the game shoots out of the playstation and hits my cat, as long as I can purchase and play it that's good enough for me

Exactly. Buying things is its own reward.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

No Mods No Masters posted:

Correct as far as I know. All extant reviews are for PC.

:stare:

Oh. Oh no.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zaphod42 posted:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on that one though. As much as some people are complaining that there's not enough X, there are other reviewers saying that X is actually handled really well and its deep and their favorite game ever.

We need to play this one ourselves before we come to judgements on the story or themes.

Also, game reviewers have been playing the game for hours straight to rush a review and skipped lots of side content. Its not uncommon for games reviews to be like "WHY CAN'T YOU DO A THING" and you absolutely can. People miss stuff or draw weird conclusions when they're rushing. Add on top of that the clickbait nature of the internet and game reviews and saying something controversial is really encouranged.

Bingo bango.

Reviews are useful but none of these are really saying anything we didn't see coming. The bugs do sound serious but we even knew that if they were willing to delay the big marketed release. Unfortunately the reviews don't even tell us for sure how it'll be on launch day.

Pretty fair to assume some bugs will be patched and others won't. Beyond that.... we'll see.

Its Deus Ex Witcher. We knew this.

I think reviews are good for managing expectations. If you read the text of most reviews they're fair and honest but if you listen to people talk about the game. They're excited as gently caress. They're all just "Oh my god. Oh my god. Bugs but oh my god"

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 7, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zaphod42 posted:

Tried to talk about this before in the thread, "hype" as a concept is awful and toxic period.

I'll edit it out to say excited then if the word hype bothers you. They are excited about the game. They are visible animated and seemed to greatly enjoy their experience.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zaphod42 posted:

No not the word, but that very concept you yourself seem to be decrying? So now I'm confused on what you're saying.

You said reviews are useful because they're reasonable and gamers are being hype. I'm agreeing with you hype is bad.

No I'm saying reviews aren't necessarily capturing the overall effect of the game on reviewers. I watched a few at random and they were all very excited and positive about the game - while noting that obviously it has some problems. If someone was to just read it that might not come across.

Hype is bad but in this case it looks like it may have been well deserved.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I went from a 24" 1080p60hz to a 27" 1440p144hz monitor and the 144hz thing seems like a meme

it's obviously smoother, but I frankly don't really care. 60hz was smooth enough for me, and im still running 60hz panels side by side.

Sometimes I think I must have terrible eyesight or something. I can notice bad image quality but the difference between 30fps and 60fps is almost unnoticeable to me. I feel like I'd be able to pick which was which if you put two videos side by side but I'm not confident of it.

Almost every single thing you've ever seen on tv or in a cinema was in 24fps. Did any of it look janky or unlifelike to you?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

How many bullets y'all plan on shooting in this game

None. I'm going to talk my way through everything. I'm not even going to have a weapon in my inventory.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

strong bird posted:

ahhh!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!

Look you're the one posting fake hater vids. Why are you upset?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

strong bird posted:

even if hes using Hover Boots why would the game tell him to use them when hes attacking in melee in rough terrain? why would he even attack in melee when he has a gun that does 25% of the players health and the player backpetaling is outrunning him at full sprint because the god awful canned animations are 3 seconds long?

yeah just a few minor glaring flaws, like the entirety of the combat, animation and AI systems. i exit this thread more confused and bewildered than when i enter it but i wish all product lovers the absolute very best, and i mean it

He is using hover boots and who are we to judge his actions? We haven't lived his life. We don't know his motivations. Maybe he swore to beat V to death with his bare hands.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Eimi posted:

They removed that and the game is much worse now that you have to manually climb down poo poo.

I'd like to see proof of this myself. I know he and his brother fly close to the sun with their humor but he's always been supportive of poo poo like in Temtem where they let you pick your pronouns and make chars nonbinary, so I haven't read him as genuinely a chud, just terminally online.

I kept jumping because gently caress it what am I going to use my health for if not taking fall damage?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

eonwe posted:

the only two things I care about in games like this are

1. do they tell you when the point of no return is
2. is there a hard time limit before you have to do something

1: Dunno
2: There's the illusion of a time limit but I think you can actually take as long as you want. If I'm interpreting what I heard properly.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Turk posted:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/user-agreement/

Has the whole text of the User Agreement.

wtf

quote:

12.3 BODY PARTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CD PROJEKT RED AND ITS AFFILIATES’, PARTNERS’ AND LICENSORS’ HARVEST YOUR VITAL ORGANS WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN OR VERBAL CONSENT.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is a 2070 super a good card? I think that's what I have I kinda forgot. I think it was the best within my budget about 6 months ago..

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

No Mods No Masters posted:

Plenty for 1080, somewhat on the borderline for 1440, not so hot for 4k, I personally expect low ray tracing if at all. (I have one as well, I hope I'm underestimating :))

Yeah I'm playing 1080 60fps max. I mean I'll gently caress around with ray tracing and see what I can but it's not the end of the world if it's too demanding.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I read that CDPR were making this extremely moddable?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's Decembmer the 10th somewhere

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Good news, everyone!

x-post from GPU thread

loving really? Ok that's makes thing pretty easy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

the last signal... posted:

can i choose to eat the silica gel packs found in my virtual clothing or does the game place restrictions on that?

No video game has that power. Look it says not to eat them on the packet but name one person that has died from it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Subjunctive posted:

That’s because they’re a choking hazard, not because of toxicity. Enjoy.

I have been eating silica for years it's delicious. It tastes like msg water.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mordiceius posted:

I'm not saying this is explicitly a Cyberpunk 2077 thing but goddamn are so many reviewers bad at actually conveying any thought or nuance in their writing. It doesn't help that majority of the game "reviewers" are just enthusiast press that rode the video game wave to popularity and don't actually have any formal training in critiques and criticism. But then again, I feel like many film critics are just as loving bad - though the ratio is far loving less.

If people could write they wouldn't be writing reviews for video games.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Ray tracing is a technique for showing light in games (and other computer graphics).

Essentially, ray tracing is the most realistic way humans have invented to simulate light. But, it's extremely taxing on computer hardware to do it. You need a recent top-end graphics card to do ray tracing, and even then it brings your frame rate down by a lot. It looks awesome though!

Examples of what ray tracing will let you see in computer graphics:
- Highly realistic reflections
- Highly realistic shadows
- Highly realistic "mixes" of light (so, if you have a red and blue light mixing together, then bouncing off a yellow surface, it will look just right)
- Much better looking "moody" scenes (where a small amount of light is lighting a room, for example)
- Much better looking outdoor scenes in all types of daylight (and night!)
- Etc. Anything with light (so, absolutely everything you can see!) can be impacted by ray tracing.

I can't be bothered taking a screen shot of it but will ray tracing get rid of the washed out uni-light effect you'll see if ..let's use assassin's creed valhalla as the most recent example. Where thing in "shade" just look loving garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Will this game make me happy? Or at least provide a good distraction. I'm so depressed. This year sucks.