Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
3 hours in - i7 10700k, 16GB ram, RTX 2070, NVME SSD on a 1440p screen. It defaulted Ray Tracing Ultra preset but I figured that was probably a little too ambitious, turned off Ray Tracing, turned off the post processing effects like chromatic aberration and film grain, dropped everything to high and set DLSS to quality - performance feels really smooth, but with no internal benchmark and me not wanting to waste too much precious playtime fiddling with settings I jumped in. So far I've only encountered a couple of odd moments - I initially started with a Nomad male V and came across two dudes sitting in the middle of the road in that little starting town, one was squatting on the road and the other was sitting on his shoulders. I decided I didn't really jive male V's voice and progressed as far the chase section after the checkpoint so I started again as Street Punk female V and I made it as far as meeting Dex but I have stop to get some sleep. The only other oddity of note I experienced was watching Jackie eating noodles - the food morsels were levitating into his mouth out of sync with his chopsticks which was funny. There's been a couple of occasions where I've been unable to interact with a couple of lootable items on the ground but otherwise it's been a really good launch experience for me so far. Shooty combat feels a little underwhelming at the moment but then I also recognise that being early game with no real skillups nor perk upgrades, I expect that'll improve in time, and the whole scan and hack stuff in combat seems really clunky ( maybe it's a mouse & keyboard thing or maybe its just me being terrible ) and hasn't clicked with me and all. I have picked up a habit of hacking every vending machine for that sweet +75 Breach XP. though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Looks like I've broke my game and have to restart my story.
After meeting up with Dexter and doing the Brain Dance for Evelyn I thought I'd call up Jackie and see how he was doing, it went into a loop where I'd end the call and it would immediately call him again ( which I was able to break by hitting the phone button after the call disconnected ), and after I've met with the Militech Corpo Jackie calls up and says he's waiting by the Wholefoods, but there's no location marker and having used a couple of videos to guide me to the next spot he isn't there. From a quick research it appears a handful of people have hit the same bug and no one's worked out a fix short of going back to a save before they dialled Jackie ( which I don't have ) or starting from scratch.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Dear thread, I may have a problem, I've got 90 hours on the clock, I still haven't played through most of the Act 2 main story missions and I'm about to start over for the 4th time because I want to change up my appearance and play style ( I do wish there was an attribute respec, I know about the tool to modify your appearance though ). I am absolutely loving the game.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

columborumble posted:

Unless you start as a street kid, in which case the game just completely ignores the fact that you've already met Padre and reintroduces him AGAIN).
Not quite, rather than V's usual "Who dis?" when entering a new District, Streetkid V skips directly to the "Hey Padre" when answering the call. I can't remember if it was any different with the Corpo start because that seems so long since I started that.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

lmao this is the saddest poo poo

what's the outcome here? that suddenly everyone will agree that actually cyberpunk doesn't have godawful randomized gun drops that clog your inventory and feel like poo poo?

You could just not pick up the guns though? I don't wanna tell someone how to play but you can tell at a glance at what quality an item is, and hitting the old scan button highlights lootables on the ground - if you're in early game and scrounging for every enny it makes sense you're going to pick a place clean to vendor or scrap it all, but pretty quickly you work out that the only loot worth taking for cash are the 750ed jewelry items otherwise the bulk of your cash is coming from doing jobs and killing bounties. At that point you're only looting guns so you can scrap them for parts unless you spy something that's an upgrade to what you're already using. If you go hard in the tech crafting tree you're never going to pick up a gun to use because you'll have crafted something better already.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Sachant posted:

I still don't understand this one. Does it go in your nose or something? If so, why? If not, where, and also why?

It's a tube of food paste that you add your preferred condiment to by squeezing one of the side bulbs ( there's a poster that shows the different sauces/flavours you can add )

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m trying to think of a build where I’m using shotguns plus a stand-off weapon like a pistol. Are shotguns “worth it”? So far I’ve been using a double barrel and find they are grossly unsatisfying compared to assault rifles, pistols and blades.

Maybe I’ll do a pistol and blunt weapon combo instead.
As with everything else lategame, shotguns can be just as broken as your hackermans, stealth archers and cyber psychos. Early on is a slog though.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
So I finally got to finishing through to the Alvercado end as a Street Kid Hacker guy, and have now started a Corpo lady V who is mostly just punching people or hitting them with baseball bats. It's a rough start on Hard, but it's a living. After going ham on hacking & crafting I figured I ought to try a Reflex/Body build and plug in a Sandevestan or Beserk and go the Solo route. I haven't caught up with Jackie to meet with Vik yet, and I'm already sitting on 35k eddies having cleared a bunch of gang encounters working on getting enough cash for both double jump and maybe gorilla arms ( I've managed to loot a bunch of upgrades for the Sandevestan and Kereznikov ), so I'm well on my way to being a parkouring punchy gal.

I really like this game.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

stratdax posted:

Lol obviously my fault and not a problem with the script then.

You don't have to rush in and defend every single criticism with "well you just didn't understand it", you know. It's pretty clear this story was crowbarred into something else at the last minute when they landed Keanu and it left a lot of rough spots behind. It's ok to admit that.

And I didn't ask why the Porsche was preserved. Obviously wasn't my point.
This short video covers the lore reason why the cars are still internal combustion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmeRjQNAH0s

If you want to get some more indepth lore, the Cyberpunk Wiki covers CHOOH2 and Petrochem in more detail. https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/CHOOH2 https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Petrochem

TLDR in the Cyberpunk world they responded to the 90s/2000s fuel crisis with super ethanol.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 2, 2021

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

RatHat posted:

Do I actually need Skippy equipped for it to talk to me and progress its questline?
Pretty sure you as the triggers are based off your kills with Skippy.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

RatHat posted:

Yeah I got that part already but didn't get any quest from it. Apparently Skippy will talk to me again in a few ingame days?
I think where it got messy from me was I chose the puppy loving pacifist mode first, and it wasn't 50 KOs that triggered the next stage, but I'm pretty sure it was 50 outright kills that did it ( another youtube video I saw seemed to confirm as much ). That means going back and lethally murking folks you had already incapacitated with Skippy ( just shoot em again with Skippy should do it ). When I finally triggered the mode change, the next step when he wants to go back to his proper owner seemed to trigger pretty quickly, presumably after the 50 kills ( it seemed shorter than 3 ingame days ).

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

They're findable ingame, there's just no markers or clues as to where they are - the Solo boots are in the Kabuki market, third floor up via the elevator opposite the motel [spoiler] where the cop is hiding out [/spolier] for one of Regina's gigs in Watson. I also found the Badge glasses in Watson in the industrial area ( which is pretty huge ) while I was parkouring about trying to raise my athletics rather than driving between gigs.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Meet Meredith, take the chip. DO NOT CRACK IT YET.

Meet with Royce

Pull a gun on him and blow his borg brains out

From here you can just do whatever, finish the quest, then once it's completed and you're outside of the Maelstrom hideout, crack the chip and take the eds.

I gave Royce the spiked chip, which loaded the virus into their net, and after I finished up all the Maelstrom and spoke to Meredith I still had the Militech chip in my inventory, I didn't get around to hacking until Act 2 but I still got my 10k ( I assumed I had looted it back off Royce ).

ChrisBTY posted:

4) I probably won't get that far but I'm still not sure how I'll cope with not having engineering at 20. I needs all my weapons to be legendary. Feels wrong if they arn't.

You only need to get your Tech to whatever level that unlocks the perk that allows you to craft Legendaries ( Edgerunner Artisan, 18 ), which also gives you some Legendary blueprints as well. I wholly recommend you search for the Iconic weapon blueprints and you can keep crafting them to your desire and never need worry about out levelling them. Moron Labe, Psalm 11:6 and Comrade's Hammer are a couple examples of Iconic blueprints obtainable from Suspected Organised Crime Activities and they're all obscene as you craft em up. The crafting level 20 capstone perk is dumb ( unless you're really hurting for cash ) and it's lest costly in crafting mats to just make a newer version of your weapon of choice rather than upgrading it.
You can find the Buzzsaw and Psalm 11:6 blueprints in Watson in Act 1.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 4, 2021

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Where the hell do the mantis blades fit in the arms??? I think Adam Jensen's arm blade things were explained as being built in real time by nanomachines or some poo poo every time he drew them.

Blade is retractable, here's two different cosplay making of videos that make it easier to envisage how it all goes together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdgrmnJVfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tusIKcKx_8Y

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Solice Kirsk posted:

Do crunch mods stack on weapons? I honestly can't tell.
Yes, and if applied to say a shotgun, the bonus damage is applied to each pellet ( so imagine 2 or 3 epic crunch mods multiplied by the number of pellets ), but crunch mods on a low rof high damage weapon is going to be a drop in the bucket, you'll get more mileage from crit chance and crit damage mods. Save your crunch mods for shotguns, SMGs, and pistols like Dying Light, probs not on the lower rof ARs and really not on your Burya pistol ( Comrade's Hammer ), precision & sniper rifles. Unlike the crit clothing mods, multiple crit mods on weapons will stack and show the bonuses applied on the weapon card.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 8, 2021

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Showing as v1.1 in game but no notes in the launcher or on the Steam page

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

isoprenaline posted:

The arm rockets seem low to medium tier with thermal for human enemies and useless with explosive projectiles. Do they get stronger with your level, or is there any other more effective rocket type?

Otherwise I’m feeling a bit ripped off.

Get the non lethal rocket upgrade - Everyone is a one hit KO (unless they patched it).

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Alpha Protocol gunplay was rightfully criticised as being poo poo, the character animations were poo poo, that AI was poo poo, the hacking minigames on PC were poo poo and you could break the game over your knee with pistols and the Chain Shot skill.
It's still remembered fondly because despite all of this poo poo, the talky parts of the game were really well done, you had a wide range of responsiveness based on your actions and attitude and NPCs remembered stuff.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

hobbesmaster posted:

MD had better mechanics and set pieces (eg raiding the bank) but HR had a far better feeling story in the end.
You have to remember MD was released as the first part of a two parter, the second half was axxed mid development.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Re: Crafting. If you're at the point where your mod crafting specs are Legendary quality, you should also have a full set of Legendary clothing specs. Sure it's the booty shorts, heels, googles and the racing jumpsuit, but thanks to the new wardrobe and transmog system none of that matters and you can dress up as you please. You shouldn't be equipping lower quality clothing options, rather craft the clothes first, bring up your existing mods and swap em out for legendary mods as your resources allow. If you have the crafting perks that give you extra parts from breaking down loot, a chance of higher tier parts and the perk that allows you to craft higher tier parts from their lower tier versions, it should be quite viable. Or at least that's been my experience. I won't lie, I think one of my issues with the attribute/skill/levelling system is that it feels like getting to 18 Tech seems mandatory to every one of my playthroughs. That's probably all on me, with my need to Min Max my gear - but if you want Legendary versions of your favourite Iconics, I don't see that there's any choice ( actually, if you go full Netrunner, guns and armour count for a hell of a lot less and you can ignore Tech )

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 27, 2022

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Your boss also calls Abernathy one, if you take the corpo start.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I'm not trying to throw more gasoline on the c-word discussion, but playing as male V, the goons liberally call me a oval office as well - unless my game is somehow bugged I don't think the epithet is triggered by the character's gender.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Arc Hammer posted:

Are there any unique chrome jobs that V can get? It's really cool how you can see your arms alter with your installed cybernetics, but is it possible to replace legs, arms, or face with metal skin tones and the like?

As a follow up, I take it that you can't re attach organics after they've been cut out. But can living skin tissue grow back over cyberware like a T-800's living tissue layer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJSQ4ib1Qw&t=354s
Maybe Patch 1.7? It's speculation based on what's been talked about in Dev streams

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Sovereign is currently my favourite shotgun coupled with Sandivestan, Guts is too long on the cycle time and will slow your movement down every time it's fired, whereas Sovereign has a super fast rate of fire and reload speed. V also gets some amazing speed boosts in the annihilation tree which only accelerates your killing spree.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 5, 2022

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Obligatory Photobombing Gillian Jordan shots.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psycho Landlord posted:

I've never been able to get much mileage out of ricochets.
Here's some ricochet gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yslMLjhDI

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Arc Hammer posted:

For The Sun ending the last quest shouldn't have been called Path of Glory. It should be called Great Gig in the Sky.

Is that a song?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Nfcknblvbl posted:

10900k. I was at least hoping for a steady frame rate above 120.

Edit: I'll have to wait for DLSS 3.

Your 10900k doesn't support pcie gen4, your previous 3080 and now 4090 are constrained by the pcie gen3 pipeline to your CPU ( pcie gen4 was pretty much required to get the full horsepower out of a 3090, your 4090 would want even more bandwidth ). Your motherboard may have pcie gen4 slots, but the CPU can't take advantage of them. You need 11th gen Intel and up, it's not a CP20777 issue.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 11, 2022

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Also Dex's gun shoots eddies

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

DarkDobe posted:

If they have smartgun jammers that might be it? Never knew that was a thing

Wakako's reward smart gun link comes with a special feature ( it's not a bug )

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Unlucky7 posted:

I do not get that, is the thing:

I do not see a quickhack in my inventory when I purge it. When I copy and purge, this is what I get. The original is on the left, the hacked chip(s) are on the right:

When I just purge, this is what I get:

I feel like this is bugged for me?

You're not crazy but it's not bugged, it took me a little bit to work out why I couldn't find the shards menu ( so I could make sure I read anything that I had missed ).
Assuming you're on PC if you have one of the character menus open ( Character, Inventory, Journal ) hit escape and it opens this page.

Mouse over the Journal button, go to Shards and at the bottom of the list of collected shards are any encrypted shards, you can select the Militech one and decrypt from there.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
And I guess it's rude to not post ur V's

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Unlucky7 posted:

I figured that out at least, but I want to know where that cyberware you get from copying the chip is; I do not know where it is, but I do know it says you looted it once you do it.

Anyway, let Royce live, Stout is dead because gently caress corporations.

Sorry, but one more question: Is it worth it to get my stats to at least 4, at least for the convo options and possibly perks?

Oh the cyberware should be in your inventory, I scored a Tier 3 Synapse Burnout that I couldn't equip as I was still running about with a Tier 1 deck

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
They said I was crazy buying into the Body-Count Lottery every week

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Twibbit posted:

You look like you are going to try to convince me to invest into your rugpull...
Somebody better call Billy Idol cuz I'm a real Cyberpunk

Zero VGS posted:

My Netrunning skill is level 15 and my Shinobi skill is 1. Guides say that running and doing parkour can level Shinobi but that seems like horseshit, the only points I've ever gotten for it is two progression shards I found from killing goobers. What gives? I don't wanna use blades because I'm RPing a non-lethal dork.
SMG's should also level Shinobi

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ytlaya posted:

Perks imply that "counters" are a thing, but how does that even work? I'm guessing it only works against melee attacks?
Somebody didn't check out the training shard that Bug prepped for them.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Shumagorath posted:

They were quite fun pre-2.0 but I was hooked on Westworld-level Pax-and-silenced revolvers for a stealth build. Now that those aren’t possible I might go with knives if the game refuses to let me build a new equivalent to the Mk23.
Silenced auto pistols are fine, Her Majesty is a standout.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

explosivo posted:

People poo poo on the driving in this but even on KB+M I kinda like it? All the cars handle differently, the RWD ones that drift all over the place are fun when you perfectly whip it around a corner. The Galena Gecko and the Archer "Bandit" are my favs atm.
I've been driving KB+M since launch and have always enjoyed the driving to the point that I could probably count the number of times I've fast travelled on two hands ( Steam says I've played 431.5 hours ). I've mucked around with some of the handling mods briefly but I've been happy with the vanilla driving. I especially like Quaddra Type 66 640 TS so I can pretend to be Steve McQueen, but now I think the R-7 "Vigilante" is my favourite - my son has said several times that I have a Boomer's taste in cars though.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 3, 2023

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
What I like is still finding things I hadn't come across in my previous 436 hours of gameplay, like the actual Kerry/Us Cracks song Off The Leash ( which is delightfully awful ), I had to find it on youtube though as I could barely hear it when I was on a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Sachant posted:

Okay just finished PL so fresh reactions as I sit here ugly crying at the credits. Spoilers for everything including base game. I haven't been reading the thread to avoid spoilers so these might be things others have said ad nauseum already, I don't know.

First off, holy gently caress Things Done Changed might just be the most crushing ending except for maybe The Devil -> Engram. I'd rank it as worse than The Devil -> Leave. Even just on a 4th wall level taking power away from the player in a game that's all about power fantasy hits very hard. Well done, but also, drat. Makes The Star look downright rosy even if V is still doomed at the end. Also I imagine this confirms that V won't be the protag (or likely even present) in the sequel, which I'm okay with.

You know what? Just finished "Things Done Changed" and I'm like my V, smiling as he disappears into the crowd, he's got his whole life to reinvent himself and start over, a chance that he doesn't get with any of the other endings. So V's not superman, killing people with his mind powers, snapping necks and painting a target on himself and everyone around him, going out in a blaze of glory, smellin' near like posies, 'thout seeing his thirtieth, but now he has money to burn, and no reason to hang around NC. There's something to be said for living in peace as Mr Nobody, dying ripe old and smellin' slightly of urine - because you've got that whole living bit in the middle before you get old.