Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
This is probably a stupid question but on PS5 is it worth it to install cyberpunk to the SSD? I wasn't sure if PS4 games throttle their loading or something to avoid breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Fojar38 posted:

I'm going to be playing from an external hard drive from 2012 so I'll be sure to give you a trip report but I'm pretty sure that this video game isn't some kind of techno-sorcery and you can download and play it just like you would any other video game

Thanks! My external is slightly newer so we can compare notes.

I was mainly asking if it was going to be worth it to take up some the the ps5's meager ssd space for faster load times etc. but that's probably a silly question since the game isn't out!!!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
End of act 1, beginning of act 2 spoilers bummed that I chose to send Jackie to the ripperdoc because I didn't think his mom wanted to see him with his liver hanging out, missed out on the funeral scene which probably would have really gotten me. Excuse for a second playthrough I guess! Also, is it true that since I hacked Meredith's credit chip for what turned out to be no good reason and blasted Royce in the face that I am cut out of further Meredith side quests? Not complaining, thems the breaks in this kind of game, just curious

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Firstborn posted:

Wait... that doesn't happen if... wow

Yeah, I'm sad that I missed it based on what seemed like a somewhat innocuous choice, but then again I'd rather have the choices mean something than just be window dressing. It remains to be seen whether I'll be rewarded in some different way for the answer I gave.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if all access points are possible to solve for all 3 rewards even with the base deck? Just wondering how hard I should be wracking my brain on some of these. I know they're probably pretty easy, and solving for the best reward isn't usually a problem, I'm just wondering if they're made to all be solvable at minimum buffer slots

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is anyone else having trouble with the stat box for armor out in the world not being accurate? I'll see a pair of pants on a mook with a green up arrow and then go "oh cool" and pick it up, but when I go to equip it it's actually lower than what I have on. Not really a big deal since I hoover up everything I see anyway, just kind of weird!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I wanted to make my character use revolvers all the time but I haven't seen a single one so far and I'm mid-act 2!!!

Unrelated, is there any penalty for being in a relationship with more than one character?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I think I asked this before so I'm sorry if I missed the answer, this thread moves fast!

Is there any Witcher 3-style penalty for romancing more than one character? It sounds like the questlines tie into the possible endings but I'm not sure if that includes the romances too.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Want to wear a leather jacket over a netrunner suit but the jacket makes the bottom part of the suit disappear and leaves V Porky Pig'n it

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I like how the Delamain quest has big Sprawl Trilogy vibes but instead of manifesting as Vodou Loa to manipulate humans they just send you selfies

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
One weird thing I've noticed on PS5 that could just be a combination of luck and confirmation bias is the game has never crashed while I'm in the middle of a mission, it always crashes when I'm driving from place to place between things. It's like it dutifully waits for me to finish the gig I'm on and then crashes while I'm driving to the next thing.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

DeathSandwich posted:

So is there any long term consequence with the voodoo people if you decide to shoot up the place after you meet Alt at the Blackwall? My first character I'm playing as a strict professional and I didn't take the option to go out guns blazing. When I get around to my second character as a Int/Cool Corpo fuckup I kind of want to see how bad that can go.

I personally think this is the way to go because you get to gently caress over both Netwatch AND the Voodoo Boys who smugly try to screw you every chance they get. Sorry about your coat Placide you loving bitch

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I beat Razor legitimately with 4 in body once I realized that he's completely allergic to side dodges. Always put yourself somewhere in the ring where you have room to dodge left or right-- if you dodge backwards his punches will hit you even if he's a million miles away.

If he superman punches dodge to the side twice and then hit him with one power punch and then hammer him with light punches until he recovers and then get out of there and reposition for another superman punch. Alternately, hammer on him until he shoves you back and then side dodge the follow up then see above.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Shumagorath posted:

I noticed this punches reach halfway across the ring if you're right in front of him, but the superman also seems to track and anything I hit him with if I circle too wide has no effect.

I beat the rest of the fighters legit but you can't even block Razer's poo poo unless you pick up an actual weapon. Did you have the legendary Gorilla arms?

Nope, no arm cyberware at all. I never blocked, just made sure I had room for two sideways dodges in a row at all times. If you nail him in the "gut" (which seems to also extend to his lower back) after he superman punches it stuns him and then you can combo him for a bit. It's also probably worth mentioning that you want to perform the first dodge right when he is about to hit you, maybe he tracks left and right if you try to dodge too early? I wouldn't say it's as timing dependant as, say, a witch time dodge in Bayonetta, but you definitely want him to be committed to a direction before you dodge.

If you're really REALLY having trouble and are speced for hacking, the passive crit bonus on legendary short circuit would probably make pretty quick work of him.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone way the gently caress back suggested it's easier/safe to dodge backwards and that worked really well for me (I still opted to cheat a melee weapon in, tho)

See, I saw this and tried it that way and I ate poo poo every time. Especially if you try to hit him too long and he shoves you straight back, you can frantically backpedal and his follow-up punch will smack you from all the way across the ring.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
This might have been asked already but does loot out in the world scale with your level? ie: if I find a piece of legendary armor in a chest that's always there would I be better off leaving it and coming back later I've I'm leveled up more?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Section Z posted:

You will find tons of 5.3 defense hats and even legendary clothing even if you don't trigger their "Located at X" journal entry even at level 30+

Some stuff seems to scale, like whenever you grab your free monowire arms. Some doesn't. "Oh boy, a sweet cyber visor with a mountain of flavor text!... with half the armor value of my uncommon garage, and no mod slots."

Then you fight a cyberpsycho and he drops an on level legendary carnage shotgun with max mod slots. who also dropped a 50 DPS version of it because you used weapon hack on him I guess?

If you are fishing for specific gun drops that are not pistols then be careful with higher ranks of weapon disable hacks as it can cheat you out of good gun drops from seemingly normal enemies. "50 DPS common gun, then kill for an on level pistol *quickload* 50 DPS common gun, then kill for an on level rare pistol. *repeat 4 more times with same results* Now... Kill them straight up, Epic SMG"

Cool, thanks! I specifically am asking about (random loot area spoilers) I found an extremely creepy room with a burned out netrunner with a bunch of dead people in cages and a note about luring in children to send beyond the blackwall or something? Anyway, on the netrunner's body is a legendary netrunning suit that I want. Its mods and slots are different if I reload and look at it again, so I didn't know if I should wait until closer to 50 to actually pick it up.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Bholder posted:

Yes, but can you see your dong in first person?

Most goons have trouble with this in real life so I'm not sure it's fair to expect it from a video game

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is it worth it to play KCD on console (namely on PS5) or is it a strictly PC kind of experience. My PC gaming days I fear are behind me.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's ok to use a turn of phrase, ignore pedants. No one actually thought you meant literal eons I don't know why that poster felt the need.

E: oh poo poo the dev. Stop being sensitive. Look again at how inoffensive this post is

Why was that worth a 'well, actually...'???

Can't imagine why a dev on this game might be a little sensitive to hyperbole, no sirree

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Hulk Krogan posted:

I have very fond memories of plugging in the Microsoft Sidewinder I bought at Costco for like $40 and logging onto The Zone to get my rear end absolutely stomped in X-Wing: Alliance multiplayer.

I looked into a new flight stick when Squadrons came out but it seems like it's pretty much solely an enthusiasts market now, so there weren't many cheap options.

The thrustmaster t16000m is great for just dabbling, and cheap when it's available, but I think covid has pretty handily thrashed the "hobbyist controller" market.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Sounds like crit has been nerfed a fair amount, which is probably good, but now I need to rethink my character build for a fresh playthrough! I wonder how viable pistols are when you can't stack quite so much crit damage.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I am having trouble remembering-- are any of the sidequests that open up pre-Heist missable if you advance the story? I had gamer brainworms on my first playthrough and did a ton of stuff before I did the actual heist, but this time I want to do more stuff with Johnny in tow to see if there are any interactions I missed.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Man, River is such a wife guy

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

is the netrunner build actually fun? it seems cool in theory, but I don't know how fun it will actually be to just select stuff off of a menu 20 hours in

It really kind of depends on how much you enjoy breaking a game over your knee. When I get bored of hacking I just decide at the beginning of a mission that I'm going to do it differently and stick to it-- sometimes it's to stealth it and knock everybody out, sometimes it's to just go loud, but I'm still having fun with hacking. Even breach protocol without quickhacks can do a lot to soften baddies up before you go decide to go loud.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

KirbyKhan posted:

Blew my mind but it never mattered. All lethal weapon damage was treated as non lethal narratively and mechanically. I tried really hard on my first playthrough to always keep a blunt or pax weapon on but lmao rofl lololol this videogame

This was not my experience-- at least two cyberpsychos I accidentally killed and had to reload my save. You can tell because when you go to text Regina V will say "I had to gently caress them up and they died" in so many words.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Jack B Nimble posted:

Am I the only one that would only use a pistol most times because V obviously isn't walking around with an assault rifle, sniper rifle, and shotgun on their back around the city. If I needed a long arm for some fight I'd just grab one up from the dead and discard it later.

I did have some high end gear, like Pan Am's sniper rifle , that'd I'd take out for big missions that were obviously going to be fights, but if I was suddenly caught in a gun battle while just wandering around it was my pistol and my mitts.

I still carry some big guns (shotguns make short work of anyone dancing around with Sandevistan) but I almost exclusively used revolvers strictly because they look cool and make me feel like Rick Deckard.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

v1ld posted:

Pre-1.5 all of the arms cyberware stopped scaling at level 30 IIRC. The 1.5 patch notes mention them scaling to 50 now.

I'm planning to actually try them this run. Read that monowire scales with Blades damage, which I'm investing in.

It's also unfortunate that the loot design of the game fucks you over if you happen to run across the, singular, Legendary early on in the game. If you don't have crafting, you just lost a good end-game weapon.

Does loot scale get set when you open the "chest" or can you leave and come back letter at a higher level if it's something like "there will always be a Legendary Googah in this chest"

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
The best fem V outfit is always a netrunner suit + some kind of gaudy-rear end cropped jacket

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah the balance is really bad lol. You learn to not gently caress with the Valentinos or 6th Street until you've crossed 25ish. Then they're a slight challenge instead of instant death.

It kind of makes me wonder what the intended pace was? I've hardly been cleansweeping the map, but if I'm driving somewhere and an NCPD hustle or side gig pops on my map, I'll stop and do it. I am level 32 with full street cred and I am still smack in the middle of the first stages of all 3 first major quests (Gimme Danger, Automatic Love, and the one whose name I can't remember that kicks off Panam's stuff). I can't imagine that's by design but it's not like I've been grinding exactly?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Similar to the radio station albums, in-game I kind of wish there was a mishmash radio station that played a little bit of everything. I have a hard time remembering which radio stations play what, and each individual playlist isn't long enough to not hear repeats constantly, so I'd like to be able to just hit shuffle on the whole thing.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
This is anecdotal and a total layman opinion, but I don't think HDR is implemented well in Cyberpunk even in the next-gen version.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

The Gadfly posted:

Go up to any cameras and mines you find, and press the button to manually deactivate them for a bunch of engineering points.

This made me laugh really hard when I was doing River's questline because it was like hold on, I know your nephew is dying in a serial killer's murder barn but I have to spend 25 minutes painstakingly deactivating every single one of these mines so just cool your loving jets, River

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I will say with the secret ending I was a little flummoxed as to why if you pull it off it leads to the your love interest breaks up with you and you go fly into space trying to die in a blaze of glory resolution. I could have done what I did and still left with Panam and Judy. Sure, I was trying to go out in a blaze of glory originally but since I managed to pull it off I may as well live out my time, right?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

joylessdivision posted:

It's also the finale of the Sun ending. It feels a little more sensible in that ending because V is now owner of the Afterlife so getting dumped because you're going on yet another drat fool heist makes some sense.

Tacking it on to the secret ending not so much.

You're the owner in the secret ending too but that also seemed kind of weird because I kind of feel like maybe you wouldn't want to be in such a high profile position after what you did.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

watho posted:

the big problem with that line of thinking is that trans peoples bodies are currently being sexualized by transphobes so it’s not really a weird future thing. i get what they were going for. or at least what i hope they were going for but it just misses the mark and it feels like a joke out of gta or south park or something. but like in general cyberpunk 2077 is at its worst when it tries to be funny.

Yeah, if anything they're guilty of the joke seeming too close to what other games are literally doing in bad faith. I don't think "in cyberpunk world corporations and media commodify trans bodies in a really disgusting way" is that bad of a take, but in a game that continually gets (unfairly?) compared to Rockstar games that have a history of just making those kind of jokes straight up it's easy to lose the thread. Someone should probably have been like "eh this territory is too murky to make a joke about" and cut it. Like, were those ads really that integral to the game world that they should have taken the risk that they did?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

chaosapiant posted:

It’s definitely north eastern and not at all from California.

Thinking about it, that makes me want a voice pack where V is voiced by Bill Hader in the Californians skits.

Comte: please make this a DLC.

Johnny, wuuuuuuuuut are yew dewing heer?

Edit: No map waypoints or GPS, you have to remember highway directions given Californians-style

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Bust Rodd posted:

Once when I was 14 I went to a friend’s house for dinner and his mom asked me about school and my blood froze in my veins and got scared and I didn’t know why and then she asked me about video games and asked if I’d ever played StarCraft before.

TLDR my friends mom was the original VO for Kerrigan, Queen of Blades and she makes a great sweet potato pie!

This is loving cool, it'd be like if when I was a kid Shodan asked me for directions to the closest gas station. I'd probably just panic and throw a handful of sand in her face and run away.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

im not impressed with a lot of the writing for this game but i did notice V and jackie butting heads during the heist and it felt deserved, like jackie's got his own poo poo going on and isn't just here to be V's sidekick

I like this part a lot too, especially since V kind of acts like a know-it-all or the voice of reason when she's not really any more experienced or street savvy than Jackie is at that point which I think is thematically appropriate.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
That's one thing I wasn't crazy about in Edgerunners even though I loved it-- the game goes out of its way to hammer home that the problem with cyberpsychosis isn't just the cyberware, it's Capitalism, it's just that people who are chromed out have an outsized ability to really do some damage when they get pushed over the edge. The anime basically goes all Shadowrun with it and makes it "too much cyberware make go crazy," even down to showing a meter that's like "you have 10% cyberware left until you lose your poo poo." I know it sort of handwaves it by saying that what they're dealing with is crazy bleeding edge military tech and the show doesn't really deal with consumer-grade tech, but it seems out of step with the game a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Has anything been said about how the DLC will slot in to a current save? ie: can I just load up one of my completed saves and go or should I gear up for a fresh playthrough?