Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wife and I made our first Cyberpunk Red characters. I made a Netrunner, and she made a Medtech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thinking about character customization in CP Red, compared to the video game adaptation we are about to play in a few days. In Red you start out with 62 points to spend on 10 stats, you have 70 skills, 6 weapon slots (you can increase this with some cyber implants), 3 armor slots, 20 inventory slots, and 56 cybernetic implant slots that in some cases you can increase how many more slots you have (you can give your character two additional arms for example). The big thing though that disappoints me about CP77 in comparison to the pen and paper RPG, is that character background is stripped way down to just three basic backgrounds, but to make up for this CDPR made them very meaningful choices as they determine how your game starts and plays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smugworth posted:

I'm considering cancelling my preorder if I can't install extra cyberarms on my body and walk around with four arms like CyberGoro, someone please confirm/deny

You can do this in CP Red, so I really hope it's an option in CP77.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly, same. People hyping this up to be some sort of all defining perfect gaming experience are on a Star Citizen level of self deception*

*Resetera lol

It was my understanding that ResetEra is banning all discussion of this game? People were sharing in the last thread that they (resetera) actually hate this game because of a few things about it that they find offensively problematic.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 6, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reminder that review embargo ends tomorrow, and pre-loads start becoming available.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

large crowds of people confirmed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Gadfly posted:

GeForce Now will support GOG as well, but I don't know if it will available at release.

https://mobile.twitter.com/goggalaxy/status/1329430292747202568

Ooh thank gently caress, I am so glad for this. Now I am going to subscribe to Geforce Now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chalks posted:

I'm not a console gamer so I'm not too sure how this stuff works, but given that a load of people are already playing the game because they got their physical copies early... what does this "unlock" time mean for them?

Nothing at all, they are lucky.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Last Call posted:

Best Buy hosed up and sent out their CE's days ago. Then they began to sell the game at retail the next day. Hence this is why people are playing the game that are not reviewers etc.

I tried to get a copy yesterday at my Best Buy, but they wouldn't sell to me. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first thing I am going to do is turn on my monitor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo it's happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

Do you have any time off? I got approved for vacation time for that day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

god drat. so you can just sync Gog to your steam account and use it directly for everything. UI is way less cluttered and awful than what steams become lately

How do you do this? I know how to sync Steam to my GOG account, but not the other way around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

oh sorry, I hosed that up. Steam got synced into the gog client, which is way better

Whoops! It's all good. Yeah I kinda like Galaxy 2.0 better, it's faster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

Whereyall think metacritic is gonna land

I'm guessing 93

More like 39! :owned:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol it took me a moment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The game without the day 1 patch is super buggy and glitchy. I am not surprised that I am now hearing that a lot of reviewers dont have the game yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching the 3 hour leaked gameplay, and i'll say this about the combat: if you liked Deus Ex, especially the most recent games, you'll know what to expect here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

How would I know what to expect when combat in Deus Ex consisted of 20+ hours of meticulous sneaking, dragging bodies into vents, and maybe about 3 minutes of shooting the final boss in the head over and over with a tranq rifle :confused:

You're in luck cause you can do that here too. :unsmith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Qmass posted:

WTF the download on PS4 is 102 gigs

PlayStation 4 file structure is really bad. Basically it creates a new partition for each game, and does this again when a game is updated, and then deletes the old partition. This makes it very safe though in case of corrupted files, but the chances of that happen are extremely rare, so its not really a good trade off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On consoles, daytime lighting effects dont look good in my opinion, and indoor and night time look okay. Performance is really good on PS5/series X, and load times are very fast (on last gen its 2 minutes) but that next-gen patch is going to be very welcomed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can also buy CP77 on Epic Game Store, and the reasons for why I can think of why you would want to do this are: :siren: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :siren:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can also buy CP77 on Stadia, and the reasons for why I can think of why you would want to do this are: :siren: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :siren:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Giant Bomb is giving their impressions right now on Twitch, and oof right off the bat they are not positive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

IGN review:

quote:

The Good
There's plenty of flexibility in the RPG mechanics to build a character to suit your desired playstyle

Quickhacking combat is satisfying to execute and turns combat scenarios into elaborate puzzles

Side quests and characters provide the most interesting and human moments in the game

Keanu Reeves' Johnny Silverhand adds dimension to nearly every quest, forcing you to rethink your decision-making instincts

The Bad
There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous

Superficial and often "edgy" aesthetic choices often have no real purpose, which makes them grating rather than adding anything relevant to the world

The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive

The main story doesn't cohere with the rest of the game, with an urgency that's at odds with everything else

Technical issues, from visual bugs to full-on crashes, are so pervasive that it's impossible to ignore

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starks posted:

That’s gamespot. It was linked up thread.

Whoops! They are all the same either way but still you're correct. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Hahaha. After all this the game is bad!

It seems like the game itself isnt so much bad, its core game is good, but the technical issues hold it way back and give off an awful first impression if you are going to be playing it day 1.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cavauro posted:

They hosed it up bad. The next one should be more like GTA and the cars shouldn't be locked to the road

Where are people getting this from about the cars? This isn't true.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

We need to wait for some time trusted goon opinions to get a real take.

My hope is that our experiences wednesday night will be positive and good, that the day 1 patch will fix many of these issues. It will really blow poo poo to have been hyped for this game for 8 years only to have your first impression about it be really negative.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Last Call posted:

The PC version was always going to be the best. And as I said already most of the technical issues are with the base consoles hence the two big delays we got. Probably not surprising considering CDPR has more experience with PC than console versions.

The new consoles still have these same issues though. The only thing that will be different is their graphic fidelity is getting a massive boost early next year. For now, the new consoles have a better frame rate, and vastly better load times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"there is an abundance of dick" - describing items you find in CP77

"picking up so many dildos"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"this game is horny"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Games › Cyberpunk 2077 - This Game is Horny

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Wonder how effective the day one patch will be or if we will see a constant flow of patches for a while

Fingers crossed its a meaningful patch that fixes a lot of issues. Like Witcher 3, I am expecting lots of patches and quality of life improvements.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

This is what most people ITT are wondering

1060 manages 37fps, anything better is gonna get 60, that's not bad really. Don't freak out.

Need to see comparison screenshots between medium / high / ultra, and with ray-tracing turned on too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cael posted:

Lol that a legit 20% of the Polygon review is JUST nitpicking the gender/genital choices and how the games doesn't go far enough addressing that part of your character.

Polygon does this with all video games they play, that is their gimmick.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frankston posted:

Ouch, looks like my i7 3770k & 1060 6gb is going to struggle.

Keep in mind you're looking at Ultra 4K settings there. But yeah, you'll be playing this on low settings and 1080p to get an acceptable frame rate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nvidia hasnt had their Cyberpunk 2077 driver update either I dont think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Sounds like the worldbuilding in Ready Player One. The world is devastated, the economy is in shambles... but you can still order a pizza right to your front door!

People act like this isn't realistic, but *waves arms at everything in the real world right now*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Basically turn ray-tracing off. I think all of those benchmarks are suppose to be with RT turned on, which is a gigantic performance hit.