Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

OgNar posted:

So consoles get it like 5-8 hours later than PC and Stadia?

Suck it console owners, Stadia is more important than you.
You know what'd be loving hilarious? That the demand will overpower Stadia for the first couple of days, because Google in its eternal lazyness didn't expect and account for it, given how the service slouched around, leading to tons upset people. That and those end-users that underestimated the bandwidth demands of the service.

--edit:
Also, in light of this penis talk, can you wear it up or down? If that ain't an option, worst game of the decade.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That perks list on Google Sheets got hit with the DMCA hammer or something. It worked earlier, and now I get a message about ToS violation. What exactly does it spoil or ruin? Or what does this block solve? The second the game's officially released, it'll go back up.

Comte, tell your bosses to stop being dicks.

Qmass posted:

I heard you guys like NPCs

https://streamable.com/djrey4
That's plenty dense.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

sean10mm posted:

We're at the point where everyone is overreacting to every contrarian shitbird fishing for clicks.
Certainly seems to be working looking at the last two pages in this thread.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

Time to lower the tension a bit. Just pick the best hair style (spoilers?)

(clearly 10, 17 or 20)
https://ibb.co/WVQsKB7
No decent options with ponytails.

--edit: Also, what's the difference between 31 and 32, apart from slightly differently frizzed hair ends?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 6, 2020

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

quote:

There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous
I don't get this review quote. Since this is a roleplaying game, isn't any side activity, no matter how unrelated, so long it's in the context of the setting, welcome?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

That's how I feel too but different strokes for different folks.
Yeah I mean, it's roleplaying, right? Besides the stats stuff. If there's a taco stand and the game lets me run it, why not?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

If I can get 60fps+ with at 1440p with RT and DLSS, I'll be fine. This type of style needs proper reflections and global illumination. And my transparent PVC jacket and hotpants need to refract properly.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Vorik posted:

My hopes of playing this game at 4k medium with no RT have been dashed. DOes anyone know if this supposed magical day 1 patch will improve performance or if these benchmarks already have the patch?
DLSS without raytracing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

disappointed but not surprised that CP2077 is still a subpar experience compared to the greatest cyberpunk-transhumanist experience ever put to processor: deus ex invisible war
gently caress that game.

Actually, I can't even remember what it was about, except that I was loving pissed that there was a loading screen every one and a half rooms, because of the loving XBox. Even Liberty Island was cut into four sections, despite being freely explorable in its entirety in the previous game.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

This NPC culling thing is disconcerting. Hope it ain't gonna do that poo poo on PC with high or ultra settings. Given how distinctive some NPCs are, having them go away completely when they go out of sight would be jarring.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Images like this make me really excited for the fashion souls in this game

Back to the future 2 was the peak of fashion design and I won't hear otherwise
That assumes those items are available to the player character. Given past games, I expect a large part of fashion to be NPC only. That includes the fancy stuff illustrated.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm sure loving glad everyone's streaming, and I'm still looking at a greyed out Play button in Steam.

I'd say those idiots at CDPR ought to break their own street date, goddamnit.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Steam says an update is required, but doesn't do so at the scheduled time, and just advances by five minutes. Forcing it doesn't do anything.

So, gee, will I have to download another 10GB after decrypting it? That's gonna be fun.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Downside is Nvidia has to implement it per-game so very few games support it, and also you need a fancy geforce card.
That was DLSS 1. Version 2 has a generic autoencoder, not a game-specific trained one.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So yeah, apparently Steam will have to download another 3GB after decrypting the preload. :|

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336701768038830081?s=19

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

DLCs should add more hair styles and clothes. This'll allow for extended customization and also for the NPC random generator to spit out more variety.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The part up to the Cyberpunk 2077 title sequence all part of the origin story?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

In regards to character customization, if I want some of the more outlandish poo poo I see on NPCs, I have to a) hope CDPR actually made them available, and b) given how shops are implemented, that I'm in the good graces of the RNG? I've been perusing shops once the whole map was accessible, and it's annoying the least.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Cop mechanics are sure nice. They spawn right under your nose. That and clearing a whole floor in a brothel is no big deal. Except for the receptionist, bam cops right there.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Besides a few silly bugs, like the avatar blipping into T-pose while driving and losing clothes after that, the game's generally stable and performing well.

According to task manager, my GPU (RTX 3080) is running at 60ish percent load. Either it doesn't account for the raytracing load, or I'm CPU bound, which would be surprising, because none of the cores went past 70%. A lot of them were loaded, tho, with what having a 16C/32T. Framerate's good enough for me. G-sync hides it well enough.

Still, a barber and better UI/choice in clothes would be nice.

--edit:
Also, the CP2077 subreddit is pretty dramatic. :haw:

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 11, 2020

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So wait? The braindance headset is the offending device in regards to epilepsy? I thought it was a specific in-game sequence featuring red light flashes?

If it's the BD device, I guess I don't have epilepsy.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Is it just me, or does it just pay you for the first item you drop into these Drop Points?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Mellow_ posted:

One of the major problems this game has IMO is the lack of transmog on gear. Oh my.
Transmog means what?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Sab669 posted:

^^ transmog is like a skin transfer. Make Item X look like Item Y.
Personally, I'm annoyed so far that the player doesn't have access to everything the NPCs wear, despite using the same avatar system as it seems. For instance, I've bought a bunch of tops, to which there's matching bottoms as per NPCs, but I have never ever seen them in a shop.

But then again, same story every game so far.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Tell me if you see something wrong here:

Game uses around 4260MB of RAM and doesn't appear to budge from there, which I assume it's a limit that's being managed. My current system memory usage is 15 out of 32GB.

Well, I don't know. I'd say the game ought to use more RAM to cache assets to retrieve. While an SSD is fast, RAM is faster. More so, since you can also store the assets in a way they're ready to use and don't need to load and parse them first.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Delizin posted:

They seem to be mostly fixed. The stats page makes it seem like after getting enough street cred new stuff gets added to shops, but I haven't tested it so I can't be sure.
If the inventories are indeed fixed, then that sucks.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Firstborn posted:

I don't think that's right. I reloaded a few times and visited a shop, and it had different gear every time. I saw a sweet trench coat, came back, and it was gone.
I keep seeing the same poo poo, even a reload doesn't seem to change much. I reached Street Cred level 27, which is supposed to increase the amount/variety of items in a shop, but I don't see a difference. Same boring items, same count. If there's more shown, it's a negligible increase that doesn't get noticed.

I once found a shop with an extended list, but somehow I can't find it anymore on the map :[

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

You only get crafting schematics by buying them, not disassembling?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Do the clothing stores restock as you level? I took a tour of all of them (I think) and I'm still looting stuff occasionally that couldn't be bought.
Two street cred levels increase the amount and/or variety (not even sure which) of items in stores. The first time I think it bumped up number of items noticeably, but the second time, it's maybe 5 items at best, so it goes unnoticed. The second bump is at SC 27.

There's plenty of things I see in the world, that I want to have, but can't. They really have to overhaul the clothing stuff, given the fashion trailer, and that it'll be necessary the latest for online.

I mean, their system is pretty nice. It's clothing patterns that get filled in with shaders from the looks of it, instead of fixed textures that get a different hue as in other games. So there's a shitload of possible variety. Except we don't have access to it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

ymgve posted:

It's not just performance, seems like a lot of the bitching is about the game not being this "life simulator" or whatever people dreamed up this game would be like. I don't even get it - what part of the marketing materials made people think this was anything but a standard open world game?
Apparently CDPR said things like "Cyberpunk 2077 will feature over 1,000 unique NPCs that have their own unique daily routines" and some people drew conclusions from that.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Sekenr posted:

My understanding is that its about unhappy privious gen console players. They are like "why did you even sell it to us if it barely runs?"
I wonder how much it affected the game in general, given that some considerable development effort went towards getting it to run on the old consoles. Time that could have better spent on the game itself.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

This game started development before the PS4 was even released lmao.
The very first announcement trailer yea. Any practical development, no. The PS4 was released 2013, actual development, outside of concept stuff, on the game only happened from 2016 onwards. After finishing some Witcher 3 expansion.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I would certainly like some more stories happening in this setting, as expansions, entirely independent of the main story. The world is a big enough playground to do something. I'd rather not have them do another loving Witcher game. There's enough medieval fantasy RPGs as it is.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I keep getting into new spots all the time driving around, and I'm like 18 hours into the game.

Also, photo mode is nice I guess.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

queeb posted:

unedited exe wiith ultra everything dlss q/raytracing.

edited exe

10 fps gain and much better cpu utilization. so it definitely works if you're on AMD.
The edited .exe still the same settings as the unedited one? The additional effects from the surplus of CPU power?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stealth means you're not using guns which means you're not leveling guns.
I'm getting stealth XP from picking off people with the sniper rifle while in cover.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Snipers are for cowards
Useful for clearing out annoying spawn sites.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

Speaking of perfomance issues, does this game have a memory leak or something? Sometimes my performance keeps dropping by something like a half and when I restart, the same save game now runs smooth as hell
If anything, it has a pretty rigid limit it tries the damnest to keep. Over here it uses 4300MB max. and doesn't really inch beyond it. If it does, it's a few MBs and eventually backs off.

I have 32GB of RAM. While running the game, with two utility VMs in memory, a host of other background applications, there's still 17GB of free RAM right now. Certainly RAM ain't the reason why it has to keep culling NPCs and cars and such.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

If anything, it has a pretty rigid limit it tries the damnest to keep. Over here it uses 4300MB max. and doesn't really inch beyond it. If it does, it's a few MBs and eventually backs off.
I went digging and found this config file called memory_pool_budgets.csv:

code:
;;;
; ^[1-9][0-9]*(B|KB|MB|GB) - Pool budget
; -1 - Pool does not exist on the current platform
; 0 - Budget will be computed dynamically at runtime

;       PC        ;        Durango     ;        Orbis
PoolRoot                        ;                 ;                    ;
PoolCPU                         ;       1536MB    ;        1536MB      ;        1536MB
PoolGPU                         ;       3GB       ;        3GB         ;        3GB
PoolFlexible                    ;       -1        ;        -1          ;        0
PoolDefault                     ;       1KB       ;        1KB         ;        1KB
PoolLegacyOperator              ;       1MB       ;        1MB         ;        1MB
PoolFrame                       ;       32MB      ;        32MB        ;        32MB
PoolDoubleBufferedFrame         ;       32MB      ;        32MB        ;        32MB
PoolEngine                      ;       432MB     ;        432MB       ;        432MB
PoolRefCount                    ;       16MB      ;        16MB        ;        16MB
PoolDebug                       ;       512MB     ;        512MB       ;        512MB
PoolBacked                      ;       512MB     ;        512MB       ;        512MB
Adding all pools except the GPU one results in 3GB. Add one gigabyte for code and whatever, there's the 4GB mentioned earlier. I wonder what happens when I bump things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Humerus posted:

Man so I did all the Delamain quests:
So regarding Delamain and his headquarter... When you're in the control room, according to the map, behind the door where I suspect is his computer core, there's a room modelled. Will that door ever open under certain circumstances?