Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dan, as an adult, thought that egg whites were the shells and tried to cook that. So... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

It wasn’t just a normal Taco Bell. It was the first (and only?) Taco Bell wedding venue in Las Vegas. He basically ran a social media campaign to win the “prize” and later got hosed by taxes. Lol.

I’m trying to think of all the other wild Dan Ryckert things -

- he leaked the George Brett shits his pants video, had legal threats, nothing happened
- thought egg shells were whites
- didn’t know pirates stole
- didn’t know outlaws were criminals
- thought fridges made cooked steaks raw
- used to throw stinkbombs in bars to clear them out for him
- would pretend to be a person outside the bar collecting entry fees (the bars had no entry fees)
- permanently has Billy Squier’s “The Stroke” in his head despite not knowing the lyrics
- used to be afraid of visible butter
- refused to eat sour cream and would throw out something if he found out it had sour cream in it, even if he had eaten a bunch and enjoyed it
- asked “if everyone at burning man is doing drugs, why don’t the cops just go there and arrest them?”
- is convinced he could break out of prison
- is convinced he could fight a wolf
- had written multiple books, two of which about an alligator in the military (Air Force Gator), the second of which has an intro by Jose Canseco
- was almost on Beauty and the Geek
- believes the Metal Gear Solid series is the greatest story ever told

And this is just a fraction of the person that is Dan Ryckert

There's a lengthy entry under his name on the GB website. https://www.giantbomb.com/dan-ryckert/3040-109456/

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

If you start but don't finish the quest chains for Judy and Panam their goodbye calls in the credits are real bummers.

Judy: Since you never get a chance to encourage or discourage her from leaving NC, she talks about how she's "stuck in quicksand" and is still struggling to move on with her life. In the background of the video call you can see the back of a woman. Presumably Judy's new girlfriend? Hopefully she has better luck with this one than the last few...

Panam: Since she never rejoined her clan, she's still an outcast freelancer. Her call is basically her begging for a job. Any job. Just to pay the bills.

:(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

This game is very pretty, even on an average PC

Full album here https://imgur.com/a/upngpeb. Some mild spoilers and mild NSFW in there.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Did everyone get a threatening text from Placide days after you kill him?

Yup! Guy's tenacious, I'll give him that.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

:lol: at what happens if you knock anything other than four times in Search & Destroy.

Yeah, I missclicked on that one and, uh, ow.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Sometimes during the day when i walk past this crazy homeless youtube guy the game tells me he has a quest and then i talk to him and nothing happens and the quest marker disappears. am i doing something wrong or this a bug?

IIRC he has some dialogue you can respond to and, after a short silent wait, he then asks for a donation. That's the prompt that advances the stages of his quest. Wait a bit and come back and he then has more dialogue with the same pattern, until he actually gives you a tracked quest.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

According to my friends who work in game dev:

If the person speaking is management or a PR person: Assume they are lying. Or at the very least, overselling the features they talk about. These people are only in it for the money or it's just a job to them

If the person speaking is an actual dev: They are telling the truth. Features may evolve, but at the time they are talking, they are telling it like it is. These are the people who are actually passionate about their work.

Comte: Yes the game has serious flaws but I really enjoyed it. Some of the quests are stellar. Tell your colleagues thanks for their work. I have two full playthroughs done (thanks, well-timed vacation) and cannot wait for the DLC and continuing improvement to gameplay.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dog Kisser posted:

Lol, looking at one of these entries and didn't notice this ingame:

MERDE

Yeah, the lights on some sides of the Grand Imperial Mall are also out so it spells Grand Imperial Mall. Neat little touch.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 20, 2021

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You're all going to regret dunking on the Commando perk that makes you invisible under water when the 100% underwater DLC comes out :smugdog:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Re cars: it'll take ~1,8 million to buy all of them.

It's pretty trivial to get at least 8 free vehicles just by going through content. So it's not like you need to buy anything, unless you really like a particular model.

Fuzz posted:

Showing off barbie mode! My current look:
What mod are those arms?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I mean I'm not even sure they realized she was trying to play them, I think they just saw her as a loose thread and zapped her for it. That NetWatch guy wasn't lying, they treat any of their hired help exactly the same.

That was my take as well. just some "lose end" to take care of. IIRC Brigitte is even surprised that you got in touch with the VDB because of Evelyn. Saying something like "she was useful after all" Only, you know, with more expletives.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Axe-man posted:

Where is that sword! I gots to have it.

That looks like the easy to miss unique katana that you find on the roof of Yorinobu's penthouse during the Heist mission. When T-Bug opens the doors for you to escape, go to the roof instead of out the patio door.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

1.1 trip report: I still t-pose on my bike once in while but I'm no longer naked when doing so.

1/10. How do I revert back to 1.05?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nomad ending as Fem V with Judy romance is pretty positive. Sure your future is still up in the air but there's some hopeful undertones to the discussions you have with your friends. Plus, even if it's for a short time, you and Judy seem really happy and making it work. All the ending calls except for Takemura. But screw him are about as positive as you can get with this game.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I may have too many vehicles...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

How do I get a new cyberdeck?

Visit a friendly neighborhood Ripper.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I remember at one point Jackie's leg was going up and down really quickly the way mine does when I'm nervous, I forget if it was the meeting with Dex or it might have been the Maelstrom bit

The meeting with Dex and T-Bug at Afterlife. It was a nice touch. Sitting, arms splayed, trying to look tough and confident but with a nervous shaky leg.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

My bike got stuck inside the cab of a truck at one point*. Couldn't move, exit the vehicle, nothing. Had to reload to get out of that one.

*It's not my fault I hit him. The guy should have been looking before I ran a red light.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You can keep upgrading your favorite weapon with minimal investment in crafting. Although, at your level, you should be seeing a lot of blue and purple drops start to happen from pretty much any mob.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Displayed DPS is weird. Weapons can show a higher dps when equipped, after you get a couple perks for that class of weapon. It's still a little unclear, but I think the game forgets to add crit perks (or something) until you're actively holding the weapon.

I'm pretty sure it's this. Like I can craft a pistol that shows, say, 500 DPS in the crafting menu but once I craft it and then equip it, it's now 800 DPS as it now takes my skills and level in consideration. It doesn't make for a very transparent system.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yes, they very likely have backups of everything but if the data stolen actually has HR data as claimed, then that data is already out there and it really sucks for the employees. HR data could go from a list of names and titles to salaries, personal addresses, dependents, etc. I feel sorry for the employees who now have to live with this because some manchildren were mad at a video game company.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It doesn't seem like they got hacked because gamers are mad about Cyberpunk. It seems like they got hacked because some criminals want money for doing blackmail.
I don't think these two groups are mutually exclusive but, yes, I wasn't clear that - regardless of who is the perpetrator - I'd be concerned if my info was out there considering all the vitriol that gamers have thrown at this game, the studio, and the devs.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The grognards were inside us all along

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Palpek posted:

:siren: If somebody is interested in the incredible concept art from the game I dumped everything I found in various places into one giant gallery :siren:

https://imgur.com/a/2XgE8Rw
Those are really cool. Thank for putting it together.

Also, the motto on the Eurodollar bill concept is "get rich or die trying" :v:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Doom Rooster posted:

Have they talked about any? anything you think needs changing that’s likely?
They haven't listed specifically what's in the next patch beyond general fixes. Just that it's "big". The last patch had some PC fixes but was mostly for consoles. The assumption is that the next one will be the same so that they can get the game back for sale on the Sony store. I'm not expecting huge gameplay tweaks until future patches/DLCs.

People have reported wildly different experiences even on PC but it's overall been much, much, better than on consoles. Beyond a few, mostly harmless, bugs my experience has been pretty smooth for example. Others had a few show stoppers that required loading from a previous save. So, you mileage may vary.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I still think that the game would have been better overall without a crime system. Weave the police into quest. Allow me to shoot at NPCs and ram them with my car without repercussion.

Even fits with the dystopia vibe to go that way.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Put 1 point in Sabotage and you can bypass those with an EMP grenade.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this a rumor from anywhere else or is this just something that Paul Tassi made a video about and people are running with, because he’s the only person I’ve seen saying this anywhere.

It's the second thing. The dude writes an "article" on CP77 every second day or so. All of it, as far as I can see, is pure speculation and "here's what I would do" stuff.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Male V works well if you want to play as a douchebro corpo. But, yeah, female V has better range for the emotional beats of the story.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

From that link, looks like better car navpoints and skill respec?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A mod that just makes both choices a dude

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Full patch notes:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39092/patch-1-3-list-of-changes

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Reposting for new page:

quote:

Optical Camo cyberware will now be available for purchase from Ripperdocs.
Nice

Robobot posted:

edit:
I came in late, what was going on with the jackets? Vic gives you new jackets after speaking to Dex or something?
Yes. He gives you a couple of jackets. A shiny red one and a bomber-type with a fur collar.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

It was the 1st or 2nd thing they showed off on stream

And caught the cat mid-poop.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Patch is live. And big. 36gig

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

oh man i am having a bad bug with the new police ai - i accidentally bumped a cop during the intro sequence right after you get your car, then i ran away and continued with the story, finally when i am back in my apt preparing for the first big job every cop in watson is aggro on me except for the ones i have to defend in some of the open world stuff, the stars won't go away no matter where i run and i have my loyal cop allies fighting with the watson cops. it's really weird.

I mean, having every single cop in a city attacking you because of a slight inconvenience to one of them seems pretty normal TBH.

What's weird is that some of them are helping you.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Robobot posted:

I never tried charged jump. Mostly because I always punched Fingers.

Go see him before the quest sends you there. Get the legs. Then punch him when you see him again.

Always punch Fingers.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

:hmmyes:

That's why the Nomad ending works so well for me; I'm doing it again because once I establish a playthrough in a big RPG like this I don't really like doing things differently, might just be me but it always feels a little off.

Here's a question: The Nomad ending's final scene is a third person cut scene of V, which is the absolutely first and only time that happened in my playthrough apart from riding a bike. It didn't feel accidental to me, and I think it suggests something about the sense of self the game plays with throughout the narrative, do the other endings do that?

Yes. Every ending, including the "secret" ending, does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1450845753996455944/photo/1

Going to be a while more if you were waiting on the next gen update.