Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.
Is the game in a fit state to start on PC now? Is it patched enough that major bugs are not inevitable?

I am always going to play this game, no matter what but I am prepared to wait until it can be done with the least frustration possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

mantis blades are inferior to katanas, monowires make no sense, just punch gonks out the window with gorilla arms all day every day

The arm rockets seem low to medium tier with thermal for human enemies and useless with explosive projectiles. Do they get stronger with your level, or is there any other more effective rocket type?

Otherwise I’m feeling a bit ripped off.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.
I need some advice about potentially upsetting content. Pretty heavy spoilers here, and not sure how far through I am. Best avoid if you haven’t completed.

I have got to the point at which V and Judy are trying to find Evelyn Parker. We have spoken to Fingers, I have the BD and we are about to watch in Judy’s van.

If it really is what it is meant to be, a recording a woman being tortured, I don’t want to watch it. At all.

I am prepared to just abandon the quest line (if that is possible and still complete the game) if there is no way around actually interacting with the recording. Feel free to spoil this quest as much as you want, I just don’t want to have to deal with this subject matter at all. The existence of a concept like Clouds and characters like Fingers is already make me feel sick.

This is reminding me of why I stopped reading Altered Carbon.

Thanks.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.
Thanks for the answers. If I have to watch and analyse the BD I think I will just ignore the quest.

I don’t suppose letting it play without me and then just coming back and ending it is going to work is it? Sounds like Judy is going to to want my input.

This isn’t main story is it? If it is I am hosed.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.
The NPC being male does help, yes.

Good advice, thank you. Sounds doable. Sound off, edit mode, fast fwd and then back.