Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

cheesetriangles posted:

Apparently only the most major of outlets got review codes. Probably wont be a ton of reviews on the 7th but the biggest sites will have em.

Byproduct of amateur review sites attempting to gain noteriety by giving super hyped releases 4/10

The correct choice is nomad or corpo. I'm personally going nomad but street kid doesn't feel like it has a hook at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Didn't the barber shops in the witcher 3 where you could change your hair and beard come in a patch a few months after release?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

forest spirit posted:

yeah Killer Mike on that track is phoning it in, I have to listen to it again to see what part I thought was weak. el-p's bit sounded pretty cyberpunk tho

I think this is just their respective experience showing itself - el-p has done a LOT of tracks in his back catalog where he's playing a character in a dystopian society, so it comes a little easier to him. killer mike has not.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Palpek posted:

Welp, if that doesn't mean crucial people are jumping ship because they know what kind of disaster is still brewing then I don't know anymore. You don't just leave after 8 years having built a position like that in a well-known company at such a vital moment and with such a vague message. This reeks of CDPR abandoning the game.

There's not much more gameplay design to be done until DLC, which will now be some way off. 8 years and after shipping a huge project is exactly when people like him tend to leave positions. It's actually a really good time for him to move on, he's had an 8 year run at CDPR, it's not weird.
Your post would be an appropriate response if he left in September / October of last year.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 22, 2021

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

TheAgent posted:

gone and that update is pretty much DOA.
cleaning house,
new blood has some better ideas
it doesn't bode well tho

this is a hillariously negative viewing of it. he's just a guy who worked on the game for 8 years and wants to do other things with his life. He didn't get fired and his contribution was fairly complete and finished.
He'll have had people work at his right hand who can take over. it's not some mystical position nobody else can do, and yes 'new blood' might actually be a better fit for an overhaul, but lol at your phrasing.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I somehow missed this post earlier, but a thought occurs to me: maybe leaving a steady gig at a company you've been at for nearly a decade isn't the best move to make during a global pandemic,

It's definitely a lot of c. I imagine his last year was unbelievably tough.
All I was saying is it's not a sign the game can't recover - look at what I was responding to. He stuck it through to the end - he didn't quit before release. It's not a sign of anything.

Also, creative / video game studios are hiring a lot right now. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and studios have almost all been on a hiring freeze for a year. I have a lot of friends changing jobs right now, it's not that risky to quit if you're experienced in a niche.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 23, 2021

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Roshnak posted:

Why would anyone want multiplayer? What has CDPR done that would make anyone think that they would make a great multiplayer game? They can't even balance the difficulty of their single player games.

A totally separate studio based in Canada is making the multiplayer portion, they've had their entire studio of 30-40 people working on it for 2 years straight. It's well over a year out and sounds like they're not releasing it as a standalone title anymore and it'll be better integrated into the base game (presumably because they know selling it as a standalone title now will be a very bad look)

Complaining about things that haven't happened yet and dont take away from the main game is a little disingenuous. You can just wait and see instead of complaining how they are bound to gently caress it up before they've even shown it. That's the kind of posting that is a bit exhausting to read, it's pessimist speculation.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

It’s a very good game and I was surprised to learn the developer is a chud

He did an interview about the controversy. I consider him saying 'I didnt personally convince the rest of the team to leave black people out of the game' a fair and believable explanation. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-04-19-vavra-there-is-no-propaganda-in-kingdom-come-deliverance

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I feel we don't need to ascribe an additional level of malice to people who simply don't share the same views as us. Many people are capable of not having their current day views influence their creative work.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

He’s a literal gamergater, gently caress him.

Not defending him. I'm defending the choice of people to buy that game.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

RichterIX posted:

Is it worth it to play KCD on console (namely on PS5) or is it a strictly PC kind of experience. My PC gaming days I fear are behind me.

I mostly played on pc with a controller - control wise it's fine. It's console issues were awful launch performance on base consoles (and I'm pretty sure the PC version had issues at launch too)
You should be totally fine.
I'm tempted to get it on console again - I only put 20 hours into it but I hate sitting at the same desk I just spent all day working at to play videogames, I cant finish anything on PC these days.

PittTheElder posted:

I mean I will admit I certainly don't know, would love to be corrected if they were in fact limited to particular enumerated settlements by law or something.
Are you trying to suggest that they intentionally picked this location so that they could exclude jewish communities from the game, out of malice towards them?

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 20, 2021

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Dawgstar posted:

Pondsmith is a really cool dude. If he at all times looks like he's about to tell me the truth of the Matrix, you know what, fine. He's earned it.

I read a little while ago that after the movie game out, he pitched ideas for a matrix game to a few studios and it didn't get picked up. when he found out the matrix online was being developed, he applied and joined them as a quest designer. I imagine being the one to tell someone the truth of the matrix is a long held dream of his.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

TheAgent posted:

Companies keep up tons of listings even if projects are canned or about to be canceled due to optics.

Or they are 'always hiring' (the right person)
Lots of studios keep listings up all year round not planning to hire unless someone really exceptional and cheap shows up.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why are you so sure there will be expansions? It's coming up to a year and all they've put out are several roadmaps of death and the kind of patches you'd expect a skeleton crew to put out. I mean, I dunno, maybe it does take a whole studio's worth of people to do the extremely underwhelming amount of work that they've done on the game since release but I don't think it does.

So what do you think they are working on instead?
You said the patches don't require a whole studio, but that's your argument as to why they aren't working on expansions? Doesn't make any sense.

It would be a pr disaster to release expansions before the game is fixed and the next gen patch is out. You have to do things in the order you said you would before asking people for more money.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Play posted:

Nope, Nvidia to Nvidia with all the updated drivers.

did you totally wipe your drivers and start over?

I had some issues moving a machine from a 1080 to a 3090 recently in the office, it was making ue5 crash constantly and bluescreen until I stripped out all graphics drivers and did a clean driver install.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Play posted:

I might have to look into wiping and reinstituting the graphics drivers.

It takes like 20 minutes, tops.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

hobbesmaster posted:

At this point doing a big relaunch with the next gen versions, maybe a DLC pack and an absolute ton of fixes rolled in would make a lot of sense even if it took another full year.

Yeah, being able to sell something alongside the free next-gen patch will be important. If the patch lands and wins back some goodwill, they'll want to be able to capitalize on it straight away.
They can sell a new $60 all-in release and $30 DLC for everyone already with the base game they're trying to tempt back. Allows them to market it a lot more too - critically it justifies some advertising budget for the 'relaunch'.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Has anyone figured out what the 'secret' extra changes they weirdly hinted at are?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I finally started playing this a couple weeks ago now the PS5 version is out, and I think this is the best implementation of 3d audio I've heard yet. I can close my eyes and pinpoint exactly where every sound is coming from.

In addition to that, this game is everything I hoped it would be. I'm so glad I waited until it was tidied up to play it. Consistently blows my mind with the level of detail and care put into everything, the environment is unmatched.
Finding the combat and ui a little fussy and clumsy, accidentally done important things which is annoying. Not ideal but also not enough to make me dislike it, I'm in for the world and the story.

Edit: but here's a thing. Why the gently caress does rest mode not work with this game? Every single time I go into rest mode with it running I get a green screen crash and my PS5 has to rebuild the database. No other game has ever done this, and for this it's 100% of the time.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 2, 2022

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Playing on PS5, did anyone else have a consistent repeating crash in the oda Boss fight during the play it safe mission?

I've just tried 3 times and every time I get him to around 50% health, my PS5 crashes and pops up the error report dialog. This is the first time the game has crashed for me 40 hours in.

This was a really loving long mission and I'd rather not have to load an earlier save and replay an entire of sneaking around just incase it doesn't happen again (but might)

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I saw people on the last page talking about how the dlc is going to be more of V's story (sorry if that's going too far, but there were a lot of unspoiled posts mentioning that) and I feel like it's a massively missed opportunity.

There are so many ways you could write new self contained narratives in this city which bump up alongside V's (or Johnny's) story events while not influencing them. It'll be kind of sad if we just get more standard action missions and not stories that try and be a little more like Minerva's den.

Anyway I beat the game last week, did panams ending and the variant you can pick half way through it. I'm at 80 hours and I think I'm going to keep going to knock everything on the map off.
I'd try and get the plat - but I don't know how or if I'm ever going to get the achievement for shooting a grenade out of the air or slamming into the ground to kill 3 guys. Have no idea how to even use that cyberware, pressing l1+r1 does nothing. Spent an hour last night playing with a revolver for the first hoping to see grenades with the slow time cyberware and had 2 opportunities which I totally missed. Annoying and not a fun way to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

joylessdivision posted:

Shooting a grenade out the air is legit hard but it feels amazing when you actually pull it off. I think I managed it during a Pyscho mission at the autoshop? I was on the roof and the dude tossed a grenade and I managed to pop it with my pistol.

My issue that I doubt smart pistols will get it, I don't like using the regular revolvers and I'm playing with a controller. If there was some way to practice more it'd be fine but I feel like the enemies only throw a single grenade 1 in 5 fights as it is.