Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
So have any of the leaks confirmed the existence of a Gwent-like minigame? I know a lot of people, myself included, have been wistfully hoping that there is one and it turns out to be Netrunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Xachariah posted:

So we have compelling reasons for Nomad and Corpo, who has a good one for Street Kid?

There are reports that Judy only gets down with Street Girls.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress Bezos, ship my release day pre-order already you dick.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was able to play this all night on PS5 without a crash. Game's fine now. CDPR redeemed. :poland:

The idea that V is a blank slate is crazy to me. Maybe it's yet another case where the female voice acting is far superior to the male, but she's superficially cocky and badass but mostly panicky and vulnerable underneath and that makes her pretty endearing and nuanced to me. I felt for her during the Act1 -> 2 transition in way I never could with Shepard or other RPG protagonists in that partially-defined/partially player-created model.

FuriousGeorge fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 19, 2020

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's such a small thing, but Fem V's little "whoooa, gently caress!" when Ozob gets in your car is one of the funniest line reads in the whole game.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sorry if this was posted already, but if you're on PS5 turning off HDR at the system level will, crazily enough, make the game look more like true HDR. I knew HDR was busted from this guy's previous video, but I still thought it popped a bit more with it on in-game after some setting adjustments (even if it looked a bit washed-out in the menus). But I didn't think to turn the auto-HDR off in the PS5 settings, and holy poo poo, doing so is such a massive visual upgrade I can't believe I've played 50 hrs already with it on. :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms-qPkvpXrQ

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

There's a lot of dumb vids and articles about EASTER EGGS, but they're generally incomplete/missing poo poo so on a lark let's compile an actual list. Spoiler tag dat poo poo, quote this and I'll edit in a running tally from everyone. Not including the preorder items, because no poo poo.

- Witcher - Ciri on the EGM wannabe magazine in the desk in the Corpo start
- Witcher - ROACH RACE
- The Matrix - "Clothes. Lots of Clothes." Ad
- Johnny Mnemonic - Revere Courier Ad for 80 gigs free brain storage
- The Matrix - Johnny segment with Rogue, dealer offering pills like Morpheus
- John Wick - hitman that Sergei talks about in that guy in the trunk quest
- Mad Max Fury Road - Truck with Charlize Furiosa and the log down in the Biotechnica farms
- T2 - Crashed truck and motorcycle in the aqueduct with a dead terminator next to it
- MURK MAN
- Blade Runner - dead body that looks like Roy Batty sitting on top of an abandoned hotel in Vista del Rey
- Blade Runner - Batty Hotel in Pacifica
- Indiana Jones - Fridge guy off the road to the dump
- Mortal Kombat - Scorpion's action figure
- Portal - GladOS Dellamain car in Pacifica
- Demolition Man - the Three Seashells
- Fallout - the kids playing Bunker 101 down south near the border
- Die Hard - Joan McClane in the AR game the kids play with River
- Dirty Harry - same as above
- The Office - TOP SURGEON IN JAPAN
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Bizarre pose in photo mode
- E3 - You're Breathtaking pose
- Sailor Moon - In the name of the Moon pose
- Titanic - Like one of your French girls pose
- Akira - the Kusanagi you can buy
- Dukes of Hazzard - the Type-66 Jen Rowley (harr) you can buy
- Romancing the Stone - Little Mule car you can buy
- Commando/Taken - Cyberpsycho on the dock mission

Those are what I've found, off the top of my head. Who's got more?

Edit: I feel like there was a SAW reference but I can't remember where. Also a couple more of the Cyberpsycho missions had some references in them, I think.

Altered Carbon (maybe) - Might be a bit of a stretch but I'd wager a guess that "Clouds" is a reference to "Head in the Clouds", which is the name a brothel catering to rich sickos in the book. Even if not, I feel like there's a fair bit of AC influence in the general tone & writing.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finally finished this on PS5 last night, and for all it's many faults I'm a little sad it's over. I really hope CDPR gets their poo poo together and someday puts out some Witcher 3 level expansions for this. Night City feels endlessly expandable and V trying figure out a way to survive (or maybe break free of cyber-purgatory) seems like an obvious post-game expansion hook. Also, can't overstate how good Cherami Leigh's performance was. Female V is possibly my favorite RPG protagonist ever.

Ending chat: Did both the secret Johnny path ending w/ the space heist and the Aldecados ending, both of which were badass, but I'm going with the latter as my canon ending cuz Judy (sorry Saul). I wasn't exactly expecting the secret path to sort of lock me into the "I wanna be a Night City Legend" end, (or Temperance but gently caress that) although in retrospect it makes sense since going out in a blaze of glory is pretty egotistical. One complaint I do have w/ V's writing is that aspect of her personality felt like it had mostly melted away past Act 1 so it was a bit jarring. Adam Smasher was completely anti-climactic though, since I must've been hilariously overleveled and he popped from one burst of my smart pistol. Dunno if I even want to see the suicide or Arasaka endings cause that poo poo seems depressing as hell.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Video opens in lifeless foggy downtown w/ barely any traffic or pedestrians.

FOOTAGE CAPTURED ON PLAYSTATION 5.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
lollin' at the Cyberpunk one here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/thi0fw/retro_covers_for_modern_day_games_art_by_me/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What're the odds that this and Baldur's Gate 3 are coming out of 3-year early access periods within a month of each other? :v:

Seriously though, this all seems great and the 1.7 changes vastly exceed what I thought we were ultimately going to get. I'm glad I held off on any replays since launch so that I get to experience maximum new stuff when I finally do.