Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

good op, op

thank you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Definitely in this for Corpo (puts you right in the middle of the game's main plot, immerses you in all the cool futuristic technology of the setting, and offers plenty of fun fish-out-of-water options when you get tossed onto the street), and still interested to see how feasible (and playable) full wizard builds end up being. Why play a cyberpunk game where you're mostly using your own primitive meat-sleeve to fight people?

change my vote to corpo, op

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Can I unlock additional penis options at the ripperdoc?

yes

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's the embargo stuff like for this week?

review embargo supposedly lifting 12/7

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

in the spirit of the game im gonna pirate it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

It’s almost like people perceive things to varying degrees and the more sex obsessed will notice it more in game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

this seems small and silly but one thing that excites me is the potential for DLC. they could release new mods and weapons and clothes and missions and perks all within the framework of Night City for years if they wanted, the game could grow and change for years to come. that seems neat and cool to me.

This will be the thrust of 2077’s multiplayer no doubt

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

these journalists sure do know how to stoke peoples' emotions and whip them into a frenzy by selectively focusing on controversial topics

almost like it's specifically their job to elicit this response

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

from the leaked combat footage they didn't seem spongy but I didn't see any boss fights vs bad guys with bulletproof skin or whatever

also stealth kills were literally one shotting enemies so I wouldn't worry about it too much

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

weg posted:

That PS5 bartender clip looked awesome. Everything I have seen so far confirms that this is just a giant Deus Ex game and i couldn't be more excited.

Now if only I could find a PS5 for retail price. Has there been any leaked gameplay showing performance on a PS4 Pro? I saw what they released officially but I'm curious to see something that isn't curated.

Looks pretty much the same as ps5 but with around 30fps instead of 60 from what I've seen

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what the hell is witcher?

i heard every npc in this gta game has massive knockers for me to leer at and i can do drugs and have a giant dick!!!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Control Volume posted:

If I wanted to read garbage from resetera I would post there, not here

:woop:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Putting the game on a thumb drive and shoving it into my brain

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Move your computer hth

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Can someone just fuckin tell me what the right opinion is already

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

So you’re saying I’ll have to play it myself to decide if I like it or not? Thanks for nothing!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The main takeaway for companies lately is to just do whatever you want because people are gonna flip the gently caress out regardless.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

So in summary: Game good, there are bugs

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I think it’s a good idea to not cement our opinions about the experience of thing until we experience thing

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hey guys help me figure out which is sadder

looking forward to a game and talking about it with like minded people

or

hanging out in the thread for a game i'm not looking forward to and selectively posting videos showing the worst of the game at those people because i'm right and they are wrong

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

can someone please just validate my opinion on the matter i really need a win

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

OAquinas posted:

I mean, the takeaway I have thus far is:

- The game is deep in sidequest content that seems to be well written on average
- The game allows for multiple playstyles and doesn't lock you into choosing one (though you'd do better the more you stick with one, of course)
- The game is gorgeous...mostly.
- It's going to strain hardware, but if you have a graphics card < 2 years old you're fine for higher quality images. No one gets the HQ and 4K at the moment (though I don't have a 4K monitor, so meh)
- It's going to be buggy as hell. Some bugs observed may be corrected by Day 0 patch. CDPR are known for lavishing their games with more TLC than a Cameron's father to his ferrari, so it'll eventually even out.

Will it satisfy all the hype? lol, no. Will it Be Good™? Probably!

Dawn of the first day. 3 days remain.

i like this post thank you

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

this is an old leak from before the patch but who cares

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ufarn posted:

I hate that I hate TLOU2, because there's just this expectation that you're some gamergater or some short just on account of not liking the writing and a bunch of other stuff. Games sorting people into two teams is so frustrating, especially when there're still perfectly interesting discussions to be had regardless of your opinion.

everything is two teams and it loving sucks

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

after launch the thread will probably turn into an echo chamber of being angry at the videogame because everyone else will be playing it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I am expecting the PC tech support chat to drown out everything else.

god i hope so

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

so far of all the reviews i've seen the only thing that is concerning me a bit is that the main story is 15-20 hrs long for some of them, the rest didn't name a time - i guess w3 was overlong but i sort of expected a longer main plot

this is the reviewers rushing through the main quest

other reviewers that went more in depth mention that spending a bunch of additional time on side quests completely changed the outcomes they are presented with at the end of the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

my steam icon is yellow now

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

Since when was SA all chuds this and chuds that

this is a chud question

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

my steam icon is back to normal now did cdpr cancel the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

this was a good review from an rpg fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnYZtrfXBc

the long and short of it is 2077 is a good game with bugs

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

looking forward to meeting the sentient vending machine

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

will be cool and actually super helpful to find out if i have epilepsy tho

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the seizure guy powered thru some dire poo poo to keep playing which is actually a really favorable review

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hey so is anyone in this video game thread looking forward to the video game? I know I sure am!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Delizin posted:

Respeccing:
Someone way back in the thread said they saw that respeccing was possible during a leaked gameplay video.

It was in the dantics review vid and sounds like it works the same as in w3, available but expensive.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Can someone explain what the issue is with the seizure stuff in game?

Isn't that what the epilepsy warnings are for?

A reviewer described part of the brain dance stuff to be similar to the tool neurologists use specifically to induce a seizure

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Boy this dang internet sure is full of assholes!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

TheRat posted:

I mean, yes?

My post probably made it seem like I was sarcastically following up behind yours but was just a timing glitch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

Maybe “How to be a fan of problematic things” should be added to the OP
https://socialjusticeleaguenet.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/how-to-be-a-fan-of-problematic-things/

I thought this was gonna be an article on being a fan of finding things problematic