Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
So she got out of her car and didn’t notice it as she was walking up to berate the guys? I’m calling fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

PenisMonkey posted:

So she got out of her car and didn’t notice it as she was walking up to berate the guys? I’m calling fake.

Nah I totally believe that she could have missed it if she was on a rampage to jump out and yell at them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zero One posted:

Nah I totally believe that she could have missed it if she was on a rampage to jump out and yell at them.

"I am afraid these men in the truck behind me wish to do me harm so I will get out of my metal box with drive wheels and walk up to them." I wouldn't be surprised either way.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zero One posted:

I believe that as well, it is amazing what anger and fear can mask when you are focused on the one thing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Now she'll get to find out just how lovely gasoline fumes are in the interior of your car.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Midjack posted:

"I am afraid these men in the truck behind me wish to do me harm so I will get out of my metal box with drive wheels and walk up to them." I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Never underestimate the sense of invulnerability that comes with being a privileged white woman.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
See also: all those videos in sudden snowstorms where idiot drivers bail out of their car and flail around on the icy ground as the car sloooowly slides into an unoccupied, parked car and a city bus is sliding down the street right behind them.

Belted in to the driver's seat of a modern car is a very safe place to be, but panic or rage can just make that fact disappear completely from a person's view. Also stupidity.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ExecuDork posted:

See also: all those videos in sudden snowstorms where idiot drivers bail out of their car and flail around on the icy ground as the car sloooowly slides into an unoccupied, parked car and a city bus is sliding down the street right behind them.

Belted in to the driver's seat of a modern car is a very safe place to be, but panic or rage can just make that fact disappear completely from a person's view. Also stupidity.

This story from the most recent US invasion of Iraq always pops up in my head when this is mentioned: (paraphrasing)

"...and there I was driving my amtrac when an Iraqi hunter/killer team stepped out in front of me. I thought, "Nah, he's too close for the RPG-7 to arm." Then I remembered I was driving an amtrac and hit the gas."

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ExecuDork posted:

The fear/panic reaction can make you do a lot of poo poo that's very stupid if you take even a moment to think about it.

One of the most shocking examples came from the OSHA thread I think. Watched a helmet cam shot from a SCUBA diver who had one of his partners suddenly have a panic attack underwater. It's horrifying watching multiple divers converge on a woman who's lizard brain is making her panic and rip off her goggles and mask and oh hey now instead of her having a weird thing in her mouth that her panicked lizard brain doesn't recognize even though it's providing her with live-giving air: she now has water in her mouth! Queue up two divers just taking panicked, fighting woman by the shoulders and rushing her to the surface as fast as possible while she tries to wriggle out of their grip and a third grabs her breather and holds the valve open to try to create air bubbles in front of her face.

Full on panic/rage can basically make parts of your brain shut down and you just don't notice things/your higher brain functions simply turn off.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 25, 2021

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

It's the terrible acting that has my "it's fake" senses tingling, way more than the lady missing the gas pump on her way out of the car.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

madeintaipei posted:

This story from the most recent US invasion of Iraq always pops up in my head when this is mentioned: (paraphrasing)

"...and there I was driving my amtrac when an Iraqi hunter/killer team stepped out in front of me. I thought, "Nah, he's too close for the RPG-7 to arm." Then I remembered I was driving an amtrac and hit the gas."

There have been plenty of cases of insurgents removing that fuse from their RPGs and just straight contact fuses.

I will mark this as NMS because while there is no gore, it is definitely a guy blowing himself up by trying to fire an RPG around the corner and hitting the corner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/cpfr82/insurgent_blows_himself_up_trying_rpg_at_us_troops/

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I don't speak metric but it sounds like 373 kph is pretty speedy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouhmPg4PTmk

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Those dashcam club videos have me convinced that everyone in Australia drives like they're playing GTA

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dick Trauma posted:

I don't speak metric but it sounds like 373 kph is pretty speedy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouhmPg4PTmk

My anxiety likes to play a fun game whenever I do any slightly spirited driving called "what if a wheel came off right now?" and it always kicks in vicariously when I see this sort of thing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Phanatic posted:

There have been plenty of cases of insurgents removing that fuse from their RPGs and just straight contact fuses.

I will mark this as NMS because while there is no gore, it is definitely a guy blowing himself up by trying to fire an RPG around the corner and hitting the corner:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/cpfr82/insurgent_blows_himself_up_trying_rpg_at_us_troops/

While your point stands, that guy walked ran away. You can see him just turn to the left and run as the wall gets hit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRMbdkFzbw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There should be no doubt whether this one's real or not :v:

https://twitter.com/HolyCow_Inc/status/1365006646670467075?s=19

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Jeez lady, it's a marathon not a sprint.

I'll see myself out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"Uhhh gimme $20 on .... 4."

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

I can't wait to get some warranty parts "customer claims [part] inoperable"

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

350Z drivers are the Florida mutation of the Mustang meme drivers seen in the rest of the US

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ror posted:

My anxiety likes to play a fun game whenever I do any slightly spirited driving called "what if a wheel came off right now?" and it always kicks in vicariously when I see this sort of thing.
See, I'd trust everything about that car at extreme speeds, that's basically the reason modern Bugattis exist. Their entire party trick is going 250 MPH like it was nothing.

What freaks me out is the road. I'd happily drive that car as fast as I could make it go on a straight stretch of proper highway with sufficiently light traffic, but the idea of going 231 MPH on that road with no shoulders, possible oncoming traffic, and freaking bus stops is just insane to me.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

My brother had a hellofa start to his morning

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This one is art.

The chandelier and the remains of the wall clock, the trail on the floor, the robot vacuum cleaner, the lighting, the Deutsch angle—it has it all.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
house should've signaled

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SlapActionJackson posted:

Is your brother the car driver or the home owner/renter?

Bonus points if he's both :v:

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Is your brother the car driver or the home owner/renter?

Bonus points if he's both :v:

The latter. It's Grandma's house and Uncle has financial POA, so the whole family gets to participate in the aftermath! Fortunately, I live far enough away that I can only offer encouragement and sympathy.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm LOL at the poor little Roomba. He sure gave it a try.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Do you get to keep the car?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

SlapActionJackson posted:

Looks like it happened at just past the crack of 1?

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Do you get to keep the car?

FL Castle Doctrine says seige vehicles must be fully within the walls before the defender can lay claim.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I got the attention of the woman ahead of me at the drive thru to tell her her tire is flat. She got out, looked at it, said omg thank you. She then got back in and finished the drive thru thing which I get. I was thinking if she pulled into a space I'll offer to help her change the tire. Then she got her food and ... drove off down the main road.

That tire is hosed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

I'm LOL at the poor little Roomba. He sure gave it a try.

"How does this place keep getting so dirty so quickly??"

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

I got the attention of the woman ahead of me at the drive thru to tell her her tire is flat. She got out, looked at it, said omg thank you. She then got back in and finished the drive thru thing which I get. I was thinking if she pulled into a space I'll offer to help her change the tire. Then she got her food and ... drove off down the main road.

That tire is hosed.

Maybe someday she'll connect the dots and understand why her car was trying to tell her about the witch's cauldron

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

monsterzero posted:

Maybe someday she'll connect the dots and understand why her car was trying to tell her about the witch's cauldron

The irony being the witches brew light is on in my truck too for the same corner.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StormDrain posted:

That tire is hosed.

Well they wouldn't let tires deflate if it wasn't safe, obviously!

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

monsterzero posted:

Doubt it.

To most people, cars are like refrigerators. No one gives a poo poo until it stops working.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
How do you drive into a full-rear end *house*?

It ain't exactly hiding!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

PT6A posted:

How do you drive into a full-rear end *house*?

It ain't exactly hiding!

Gonna guess they were probably completely wasted, that or they had to swerve to avoid getting into a horrible accident with another car (driven by someone who was completely wasted.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

Gonna guess they were probably completely wasted, that or they had to swerve to avoid getting into a horrible accident with another car (driven by someone who was completely wasted.)

Right in one!

In other news there is no tragedy so bad the government can't make it worse

Thank you, Inspector Clouseau, for bringing the gigantic loving hole in the house to our attention.