Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SlapActionJackson posted:

Right in one!

In other news there is no tragedy so bad the government can't make it worse

Thank you, Inspector Clouseau, for bringing the gigantic loving hole in the house to our attention.

What the gently caress, was the driver also the city inspector or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

The damaged side of the house faces a fairly busy road in a rapidly gentrifying neighborhood. 50/50 chance inspector jackass saw it driving by and decided to help vs one of the new McMansion owners called it in on a structure they'd like to see demolished anyway.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Send a reply demanding them to fix their infrastructure before 04/05/2021!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_0DgnJ1uQ

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Almost got hit today coming off a stop sign in a 25mph zone. I saw the guy crossing the railroad tracks ~150yd away, so I took the left turn and immediately had a charger laying on his horn in my rear view mirror
For just a moment I was questioning if I was an rear end in a top hat who misjudged the situation and almost caused an accident, when he crossed the double yellow line to be right next to me for a few seconds of driving on the wrong side of the road before he made his tires squeal and flew down the road

Maybe I did think he was farther away than he actually was and I was in the wrong, or maybe he was going way faster than he should have been and he was in the wrong :iiam:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Right in one!

In other news there is no tragedy so bad the government can't make it worse

Thank you, Inspector Clouseau, for bringing the gigantic loving hole in the house to our attention.

And for giving you a whole month to find a contractor, get permits issued, get material delivered, and perform the work.

I'd be amazed if Tampa can even issue a permit in that time.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Phanatic posted:

And for giving you a whole month to find a contractor, get permits issued, get material delivered, and perform the work.

Damage is bad enough that we're going to have to get a structural engineer to stamp a repair order. Then we get to find a contractor, pull permits, etc, etc. No chance it'll be done in 4 weeks, and it's obvious to everyone but code enforcement.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Damage is bad enough that we're going to have to get a structural engineer to stamp a repair order. Then we get to find a contractor, pull permits, etc, etc. No chance it'll be done in 4 weeks, and it's obvious to everyone but code enforcement.

I'd send that off to the local news.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Baynews 9 on your side!

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Eh, right now it's just an empty threat. The insurance adjuster says he sees it all the time, including the wildly unrealistic due dates. If they do something on the 5th to begin meaningful enforcement action against us for failing to do the impossible, we have several ways to push back still.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You might want to show up at the code office panicking and saying you're going as fast as you can. That worked in my favor in 2019 when a new building inspector came to town and wasn't familiar with me yet, they were like ok chill it's not that big a deal and saw my progress and just closed the whole case out. It's when you start screaming and threatening lawsuits and stuff that they play hardball I think, I'm sure they got better poo poo to do than actually gently caress with the poor guy whose living room turned into a garage one night as long as he's not just leaving it that way forever.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

kastein posted:

You might want to show up at the code office panicking and saying you're going as fast as you can. That worked in my favor in 2019 when a new building inspector came to town and wasn't familiar with me yet, they were like ok chill it's not that big a deal and saw my progress and just closed the whole case out. It's when you start screaming and threatening lawsuits and stuff that they play hardball I think, I'm sure they got better poo poo to do than actually gently caress with the poor guy whose living room turned into a garage one night as long as he's not just leaving it that way forever.

This is good life advice. Give someone a chance to be the hero by fixing your problem.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Saw part of should have been an horrific accident today. Some lady took a left turn long after her red light had expired cut across 8 lanes, cutting off everyone and nearly dying. I heard the horns before I could see what was happening. A old gray Nissan Versa popped into view as she finished her death defying turn. She was shouting into her mirror with both her hands up at the guy behind her, who had the sheer audacity to dare to blow his horn at him.

I do have a dashcam, but it caught none of the drama, since I was third in line in the left turn lane at the time. Be careful out there, folks, people are idiots.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I am so mad that I temporarily removed my dashcam, I would have had such a great full video from last night.

I got stopped at a railroad crossing but the train stopped before the road and was just sitting there for a while. There's a barrier to the right and a low concrete divider on the right, so there's no good way to get out. The lifted truck behind me decides to just hop the curb to the left (I thought he was going to U-turn but he just drove around the barriers past the train, jesus). I'm second in line, and then I see it... the little econobox in front of me is gonna try it too.

He managed to get his front tires up nicely, but the concrete is skinnier than his wheelbase and he's going too slow. Yup, he loving strands himself on the divider.

I did take a short phone video.
https://i.imgur.com/p9V6Alu.mp4
(It sounds like I say "four-wheel drive" but I stumble over saying "forward-wheel drive" because I can't speak properly and don't know the right words for things)

He was loving freaking out, front wheels had no traction. I finally realized I had to at least offer to help him so I got out and asked if he wanted me to push on it while he tried to reverse. He actually made me drive the car while he pushed and we got it off pretty easily, but I felt like a goddamn hero.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I love the little extra puffs of exhaust from the high-centered car, happy little signals of futility.

And I'm glad to hear you ended up in the driver's seat, a person that clueless about their car is a major risk for putting it in the wrong gear and driving over you / pinning you against a barrier (such as the wall on the other side of the road)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah when my neighbor got stuck in the snow in front of my apartment, I wound up hopping in the driver's seat while 3 other neighbors pushed (we originally tried shoving Brokeback's floormats under the front tires, which worked for plenty of other cars, but they just took flight lessons when she gunned it). Got it unstuck and parked it back in her garage for her. I didn't want to be pushing in case she gunned it, and she asked if I could try driving it anyway.

... 20 minutes later she got stuck again, same spot. I wound up taking her to the grocery store in my car, since nobody without AWD or a 4x4 could get out of here. The snow had melted, then re-froze into cobblestone ice, plus water had been pouring out of my neighbor's apartment just next to her garage for 3 days (making her driveway and the next one over an ice rink).. it was a bitch to get out of here for several days.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phanatic posted:

I can get them quick but I have connections :smug:

But yeah otherwise good luck.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/indigenousmo/status/1371022652677181440?s=21

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Impressive control during that lane change. I'd hate to have to pick bits of wheel and axle out of my hood paint following that close though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Gonna be a hell of a fireshow when the ablative braking system finally wears down to the point that the oil and trans pans are breached.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
how do i get that tune?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ramped the barrier at a perfect 45° angle and didn’t go through the roof. Amazing

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

North Ave / Ga Tech! That's... about right for the area.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/insaneppltweets/status/1380585666480721922?s=19

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Watched an older Jeep wrangler take a hard right and pour liquid along the curve. The smell confirmed gas, the gas cap dangling confirmed temporary idiocy.

How do you signal to someone their gas cap is off though? I did a little mime thing that probably just confused them.

I've never seen gas just dump out of the filler like that before though, pretty funny sight.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've seen it.

It's less funny when you're seeing it pour out the filler neck of your own truck because the seal on the gas cap has given the gently caress up.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/oxy_city/status/1380780757552013314

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My wife drove my automatic Volvo with 2 feet because no one had ever told her you shouldn't. She was pretty good at it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

You can always spot the two foot drivers tootling along on the highway with their brake lights lit.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

opengl128 posted:

You can always spot the two foot drivers tootling along on the highway with their brake lights lit.

Yeah, that's how the driving instructor knew I was doing that when I was learning at 16. He quickly corrected me on how to use my feet. Just lightly touching your foot on the brake will usually light them up.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Traffic was backed up on the highway today. Eventually found out why when I passed a car going 30 mph with their four ways on and what appeared to be a broken rear axle. Both rear wheels were at 45 degree angles. Glad they decided to keep driving on the interstate!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
You've got to get the car home somehow

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Safety Dance posted:

North Ave / Ga Tech! That's... about right for the area.

:hai:

I'm guessing drugs. Or stolen car. Or drugs + stolen car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/SFist/status/1382001923520409606?s=19

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Most certainly the driver is going to lose his license.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

the driver escaped unarmed

Anybody seen backpanther recently?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

StormDrain posted:

Most certainly the driver is going to lose his license.
People that do poo poo like this don't care if they have a license or not.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

quote:

driver escaped unarmed.

Wasn't there a TCC goon that did this on their motorcycle?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

slidebite posted:

People that do poo poo like this don't care if they have a license or not.

*whoosh*

Or *Walsh* maybe? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

prom candy posted:

Wasn't there a TCC goon that did this on their motorcycle?

Anybody seen backpanther recently?
(it was backpanther. He had a panther tattoo.)