Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Still haven't checked my avatar but can't believe some little bitch from this thread paid real money just to change MY avatar lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Porco Galliard, brother of Marcel Galliard, is the current Jaw Titan.

Colt Grice, brother of Falco Grice, was supposed to be the next Beast Titan.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Edit: someone has changed my avatar to what appears to be an AoT one, I can't see what it is on the app so it might be a spoiler? loving oval office

It is not

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

It is not

Cool, I didn't recognize the dude and didn't want anyone getting spoiled

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Alan_Shore posted:

Cool, I didn't recognize the dude and didn't want anyone getting spoiled

It looks like Albert Einstein saying “thank you”???

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It looks like Albert Einstein saying “thank you”???

I know but whyyyy? I'm so confused

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Alan_Shore posted:

I know but whyyyy? I'm so confused

There’s also a bunch of Hitlers! :yikes:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Looks like the style of the dude that does monster and Pluto.

There also appears to be dancing hitlers with swastica flags as the text beneath so uh

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Haha this is my reward for saying AoT isn't fascist huh

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah it's 100% from the dude who was butthurt about getting probated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alan_Shore posted:

They did it to me too so they dropped at least 20bux because they're a buttmad baby lol

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Lol. I’m not gonna lie I prefer it to cena (can’t see the hitlers on awful.app so just sweet sweet monster art)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I only got Cena because I kept saying how much I hated him! I am truly cursed, like all Eldians. I wished I'd never been born... hey wait a minute...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Phobophilia posted:

Regrettably, often, yes. Zombies started out as the slave's fear of being worked beyond death. Romero took it and turned it into horror of being consumed by white consumer culture. Then white consumer culture took zombies and turned it into fear of the race war.
The missing link in there is actually The Smurfs

Alan_Shore posted:

Edit: someone has changed my avatar to what appears to be an AoT one, I can't see what it is on the app so it might be a spoiler? loving oval office
It's not a spoiler, it's a panel from the Billy Bat edit I posted (I did not make it), but it means nothing out of context

DamnGlitch posted:

Looks like the style of the dude that does monster and Pluto.
Yes, it's from Billy Bat

Beefstew posted:

Yeah it's 100% from the dude who was butthurt about getting probated.
I did not do this

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I have no idea why you think posting that edit in this thread is still a good idea

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm just going to quote the OP this one time:

Conspiratiorist posted:

:siren:THIS IS THE ANIME THREAD:siren:
No manga spoilers allowed. Feel free to earnestly speculate, but no posting "fan theories" imported from reddit which are actually just thinly disguised manga spoilers. And if you're truly desperate to know whether your own pet theory holds, you should head over to the manga thread.
:siren:THIS IS THE ANIME THREAD:siren:

It can be tempting to respond to inquiries in this thread with hindsight from the manga, but please do not do that here. Things can be left unsaid, and people can figure these things out for themselves when the time comes.

Also do not intentionally try to bait arguments or spoil people on the substance of the manga, even indirectly. If you want to talk about those things, the manga thread would be a much more conducive place to have those discussions without upsetting anyone.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Conspiratiorist posted:

The plan was to pinpoint Eren's location so that they could attempt to either secure the Founder with a sneak attack, or failing that follow up with the pre-planned surgical strike using the Marleyan paratroopers (and Reiner). Secondary objective of rescuing Falco and Gabi.

Thanks, that sorts it out for me. Makes me think back to the earlier seasons where the Scouts tried so hard to keep Eren hidden as others tried to draw him out. Funny that even though Eren now has fanatic followers, he lacks that level of support he had and they're completely incapable of protecting him from his worst tendencies.

Marley seems to have put down a pretty solid plan, and with all the infighting it almost feels like the Paradisians deserve a loss. Seems like the biggest unknown right now is Zeke. My geography is bad, but how far away is he from the battle?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The forest of giant trees is the same spot where they tried to capture Annie in season 1, which i don’t think is ever specified but it’s between wall Maria and rose, and is a good distance away from wall rose on horseback.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Eej posted:

I have no idea why you think posting that edit in this thread is still a good idea

Julias posted:

people can figure these things out for themselves when the time comes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0hp3DEAOg

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
As long as they have good dynamic well animated action sequences I don’t really care

Politics in my Anime?! It’s more likely than you think!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Just started rewatching from the start and why didn’t Bert/Reiner/Annie take out eren right after he was pulled out of his titan for the first time?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I've read the manga and not caught up on the show so not sure if the answer is a spoiler or not, but they needed to bring him back alive, to capture his titan. I think.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

Just started rewatching from the start and why didn’t Bert/Reiner/Annie take out eren right after he was pulled out of his titan for the first time?

Because they didn't know what was going on. They wanted the king/coordinate, and didn't know Eren was their boy. Annie tried to snatch him a few weeks later anyway

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I finally finished the season and I'm a bit surprised that everyone seems so cool about genociding their own people, even if it is "peacefully". Like nobody has any objections to this?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i mean yes they most certainly do

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

I mean everyone in the cell weren't abhorred about it. Hell one guy, though not Eldian even cried.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think the way Armin reacted is pretty obviously a ruse.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think the way Armin reacted is pretty obviously a ruse.

Armin? I thought that was the chef.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

punk rebel ecks posted:

Armin? I thought that was the chef.

That may have had something to do with the guy who had his head blasted off for calling his dead girlfriend an eldian whore.

edit: went back and watched it, nope armin was the only one

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 6, 2021

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Fat and Useless posted:

That may have had something to do with the guy who had his head blasted off for calling his dead girlfriend an eldian whore.

edit: went back and watched it, nope armin was the only one

I mean wasn't it the chef who was crying saying "I didn't realize your cause was so noble!"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean wasn't it the chef who was crying saying "I didn't realize your cause was so noble!"

no

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

punk rebel ecks posted:

That was Armin.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
But which Armin?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

SpartanIvy posted:

But which Armin?

Hahaha

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you haven't played AOT 2 Final Battle I highly recommend it. I'm on 107 hours and still unlocking character interactions and working my way through the modes. It's seriously great

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

That was Armin.

Why does everyone look like Armin!?!?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why does everyone look like Armin!?!?

Prosopagnosia

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

If you haven't played AOT 2 Final Battle I highly recommend it. I'm on 107 hours and still unlocking character interactions and working my way through the modes. It's seriously great

i bought this during the last sale and i got a few hours into it and while i really enjoyed it, i was a little confused by the lack of cutscenes. i thought the developers were a bit harsh for assuming the players remember all the plot beats. then i realized i had cutscenes turned off :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

At first I thought Yelena was post timeskip Armin and I was incredibly confused