Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was wrong. He just used the youtubers username at some point. Which is even lamer.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was wrong. He just used the youtubers username at some point. Which is even lamer.

lmao that rules

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bu-
wait wha-
That makes even less sense! If either of these cases are true, that's the most pathetic loving thing. I have no idea what prompts folks to get this deranged about this series.

MJeff posted:

I also have an extremely important Attack on Titan youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igq6TKagpUQ

The Survey Corp would love the Mets. After all, all they know is defeat!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

P-Mack posted:

The end sequence was basically the "Nothing ever ends" line from Watchmen, illustrated

The addition of the dog makes me think it could be interpreted as optimistic.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

The addition of the dog makes me think it could be interpreted as optimistic.

There were dogs in the first version of things too.

They just had a rather... different dynamic with the person heading to the tree.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do think there is definitely something to the difference between how Ymir approached the tree, chased by warlords, terrified, faced with certain death and how the kid in the epilogue approached the tree, with relative safety and curiosity. Humanity is humanity and will always tend towards conflict but we can also always learn from the past and use it to make better choices.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

chiasaur11 posted:

There were dogs in the first version of things too.

They just had a rather... different dynamic with the person heading to the tree.

Yeah as others have said, this kid is interacting with the magic worm tree with a sense of exploration and wonder. He's got to know the trees is older than the ruined buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

To You in 100,000 Hours