Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I only watched a little bit of it but Tanya the Evil is about a lovely salaryman who got murked by a subway train and upon death meets God who finds him unrepentant of living a selfish life and reincarnates him into alternate universe Europe as a little girl orphan who is conscripted into the Prussian military due to prodigal magical talent. I've only seen like six episodes so I don't know if it gets stupider but it's basically WWI era except instead of airplanes it's mages in jetpacks dogfighting and providing CAS with magical bolt actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's not a thing anyone notices unless they're either watching the loop specifically or are very immersed into animation, so it's not actually a big deal

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah uh the Demon Slayer movie made best selling anime movie of all time because it's literally the next story arc after season 1 of the tv series

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Shipping is only obnoxious when that fandom bleeds over into normal spaces. Then it's super annoying.

chiasaur11 posted:

(Also, the tallest non-titan in the anime is Yelena. It's sometimes hard to notice, but she's something like 6'7''.)

She's a god dang giant in the anime which I never noticed in the manga that's for sure

E: lmao that gay representation is fixed by having bored fans make literally everyone gay

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

teagone posted:

I imagine us anime-only watchers are spoiled compared to what manga readers had to endure.

Multiple months of bewilderment as the story suddenly time skipped and focused on the warrior candidates on a different continent

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
And yet I'm still cool with the way Claymore ended even if the plot didn't pan over to the mainland where a bunch of dragonlords are fighting humans or whatever

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The main difference is that he didn't raise Eren from birth to be the vanguard of the revolution, he just weaponized his son when the walls literally came down

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Flesnolk posted:

Japan has historically taken a lot of influence from German culture. On top of the obvious fact they were on the same side in WW2, the Japanese Diet was named and modelled after the Prussian legislative body of the same name.

In addition to the Imperial Japanese Constitution being designed with help from German advisors, they were also important in modernizing the military as well as medicine. Foreign advisors left a huge mark on modern Japanese society during the Meiji Restoration.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I have no idea why you think posting that edit in this thread is still a good idea

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Chill Mayo Hater posted:

Manga-related question: does it ever address the fact that (in the anime) Eren, Armin, and Mikasa never seem all that curious about where Grisha is following the initial attack on Shiganshina?

I could see Eren knowing subconsciously and sort of burying it mentally, but the other two don't bring it up at all.

Didn't the anime cover this part? It's when Grisha goes a stompin' on some babies and steals the Coordinate so Eren definitely knows.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hitch joined the Military Police because it's the safest possible spot for anyone and it's been doing pretty good for her.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just waiting to see if AoT will successfully pull off the feat of 8 great Openings or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Season 4's OP is so very good. Both the MAPPA OPs are good but Season 4 especially.