Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I finally caught up with this after finishing Season 2 and I screamed when The Basement is revealed to us and it turns out they're all Fantasy Jews who can transform into monsterfied versions of the old caricatures and they've actually been in Israel the whole time. this show rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's all consistent in the anime that I've seen, spelling "Jaeger" wrong sounds like something a fantranslation of the manga would do

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't know if there's a Geneva Convention in this world, but Marley regularly takes Eldians, turns them into man-eating monsters, and sets them loose on Paradis. I'd probably just stomp on them too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not fascist for the author to use early 20th century Germany as inspiration for his series about war

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it was already good, but everything this season has made it one of the best

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thesis: the Eldians and Titans are all written and designed after antisemitic tropes and this show is bad

antithesis: the Eldians and Titans aren't antisemitic at all, it's fine

synthesis: the Eldians are Jews and it rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean wasn't it the chef who was crying saying "I didn't realize your cause was so noble!"

no