Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Just caught up with the season. After the merely "pretty good" Season 4 and the mediocre Season 3, this final season is a welcome surprise and brings the show back to season 1 and 2 quality.

Why does everyone seem to hate Gabi so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So what's Eren's plan anyway? To help the country fighting Marley win and liberate his people?

teagone posted:

I like Gabi, and hope she eventually realizes how lovely Marley and the whole Warrior unit thing is.

Yeah I like Gabi too.

I think the Marley young crew is a lot better than the young Eren, Armin, and Mikasa.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah we can never forget Lobov!

I literally don't know who any of these returning people are. But I did know her. And she was my favorite in the series and she...she....:cry:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

How old are Eren and Reiner now?

teagone posted:

Ahh. Still, she had to endure years of training/manipulation at a young age I'm sure.
She's actually 12.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

19 and 21, respectively.

They look like they're in their thirties.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Gantolandon posted:

I agree, but for many watchers it's too little too late. It's the same problem as in The Last of Us 2, where suddenly you are forced to play as the same character who brutally murdered the protagonist of the previous installment, and whom you hunted for the first part of the game. Being already emotionally invested in someone's story, it's hard to suddenly start to care about new set of protagonists we disliked for a significant amount of time.

I still find it crazy that people excuse Ellie's actions but not Abby's.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

- When Reiner was subtly humanizing Paradisians at their family dinner, his mother got the hint. Gabi did not.
Such a great scene.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

teagone posted:

The scene with him and Magath in the carriage from episode 6 explains it. He expected to be attacked during his speech, and willingly put his life in harms way and sacrificed the lives of innocent Eldians for the sake of provoking the attack. Was part of the plan. [edit] Expouding a bit, he was prepared to die in a spectacle to spur the other nations into waging a war with Paradis instead of Marley.

[edit] Beaten. Should have refreshed lol.

[edit 2] Should also note, it's a rather important scene between Magath and Tybur that explains a lot.

That scene confused the gently caress out of me.

How was he so sure that Paradis would attack during the conference? Like what made Eren choose to attack then and there?

Why do they hate Paradis and the Eldians anyway if everyone has titans?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

teagone posted:

To be fair, there's a lot to be taken in. Not everyone can ingest exposition dumps and come out understanding it 100% all the time. I miss stuff too, lol, and have to rewatch episodes. I think it may also be harder for me to fully get everything when my brain has to read the story through subtitles while also wanting to see all the pretty pictures. Multitasking is hard.

There's also the fact that it's been so long since I've watched Season 3, and A LOT has happened since then.

teagone posted:

Tybur deliberately made himself vulnerable to attack in what was an extravagant theater spectacle. He essentially painted a target on himself.

Not everyone has titans. Only subjects of Ymir can wield that power; that's how Marley became the dominant nation, by maintaining a monopoly on titan power through racial oppression.

Why do they hate the Eldians exactly then? I was under the impression it's because the Ymir were of the Eldian "race".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Okay. And, so Eldians had Ymir and the rest of the world didn't. But the rest of the world fought back and managed to get some Eldians with Titan powers on their side and take back their countries and weaken the Eldian nation who still have but are running out of titans?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks for the responses everyone. The story makes more sense now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I finally finished the season and I'm a bit surprised that everyone seems so cool about genociding their own people, even if it is "peacefully". Like nobody has any objections to this?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

i mean yes they most certainly do

I mean everyone in the cell weren't abhorred about it. Hell one guy, though not Eldian even cried.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think the way Armin reacted is pretty obviously a ruse.

Armin? I thought that was the chef.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Fat and Useless posted:

That may have had something to do with the guy who had his head blasted off for calling his dead girlfriend an eldian whore.

edit: went back and watched it, nope armin was the only one

I mean wasn't it the chef who was crying saying "I didn't realize your cause was so noble!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

That was Armin.

Why does everyone look like Armin!?!?