Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Alan_Shore posted:

Gabi is related to Berdholt right?

Gabi is Reiner's cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
So Eren has the glowing green eyes here. That kind of casts his actions here in a weird light for me.

RIP building full of innocent civilians.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I feel like CGI in anime if it's prominent almost always looks bad, and I've been put off whole shows for bad CG before, but I'll take these CGI titans we've seen every remaining episode if we don't get anything like the old Colossal or Rodd Reiss ever again.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Alan_Shore posted:

I have a questions which might also be a theory which might also be dumb.

So memories, to me it looks like the shifters can only see the memories of their titans. Eren only sees his father's and Eren Kruger's memories. Kruger also sees Eren and Dr Yeager's memories. Makes sense.

So when Willy says they've recently seen memories that show the truth about the past and the king and what happened in Paradis, well the warhammer titan wasn't there in Paradis (unless that's revealed later). And I don't think Reiner/Berdholt/Zeke found out about the king's vow and bluff. So the only way they could know these memories is from... the future? If someone who was there and knew about that... takes over the warhammer titan? Right?

Guys?

I had the feeling that Wylie was full of poo poo when he said that was "recent". I'm guessing, like the Reiss family knowing about the Kings Vow, the Tyburs have known the truth for generations. Wylie is just the first to do anything about it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I like that while Pieck is a talker, Galliard has to basically rise out of his cockpit to communicate. Prime sniper bait but not today, I guess.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Rocco posted:

I mean, I was almost disgusted the most at Sasha just straight shooting people in cold blood. That wasn't even "crazy anime violence," it was just rough as gently caress.

The people in the Cart were mincing her comrades at least. But she just has this completely dead expression on her face like she's shooting at a mannequin or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
https://i.imgur.com/Nfi0AWN.jpg

But with titans.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's weird how the names that Paradis picked to describe the colossal, armoured and female titan just so happened to be the same as the ones Marley used. I guess it must've come straight from the top.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Maera Sior posted:

It was pretty obvious that they had to be related (those round glasses, the long face), but the idea that Grisha could have a completely grown son seemed a bit too much for how old I thought Grisha was. Son was my second guess over a cousin or anyone else more distantly related, but more out of a need for a backup option. In hindsight, all of the thematic work pointing to father-figures and children (Grisha and Eren, Rod and Historia, Erwin's father, Kenny and Levi) should have clued me in.

You're not the only one. Even when Zeke being a Yeager was a common theory a few years back, the only person I remember floating that he was Grisha's son was thinking that Grisha spent some years as a mindless titan a la Ymir.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Do all shifter titans go crazy because of the overlapping memories? Or are Reiner and Eren messed up for other reasons which the memories just kind of make worse

Also seems like not all of them get the memories? Eren didn’t get them until he saw the basement but it was clearly when he started to snap

Back when Reiner and Bertholt had Ymir and Eren captive, Reiner says that neither he nor Bertholt inherited any memories of the previous Armoured or Colossal titans, it doesn't seem to be a guarantee. For all the trouble he had with it Eren is probably the shifter with the best access to the memories of his predecessors we've seen, he's remembered stuff up to two people previous for both of his Titans. He's got a good shot at the Warhammers memories I think.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Eej posted:

Shipping is only obnoxious when that fandom bleeds over into normal spaces. Then it's super annoying.

She's a god dang giant in the anime which I never noticed in the manga that's for sure

E: lmao that gay representation is fixed by having bored fans make literally everyone gay

It used to bug me when I was like 14 that all male relationships in fiction spawned a bunch of "They be loving" takes, but then I stopped reading bad fanfiction and my life has been immeasurably greater for it.

I can't buy Levi and Erwin, Eren and Reiner is the real pair with a history.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I do wonder how long after the end of season 3 that encounter with the Yelena and the ship was. The way they were saying they were lucky to have caught them makes me think it's like the next day.

I just finished rewatching the show to get my mind up to speed for everything that's gonna happen, and Eren's character arc in season 3 is something else. Sasha's little solo adventure and the Ymir/Historia stuff are other real highlights beyond the obvious stuff like everything Levi ever does.

It's crazy how much I was on the protagonist's side of being all "gently caress you Reiner and Berthold" the first watch through, but now every scene just makes me sad.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Yeah but the very last episode of Season 3 where they reach the seas for the first time is about a year after the shiganshima battle and Eren has his slightly longer hair. So is Season 4 four years after Shiganshima or four years after they reach the sea?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Captain Invictus posted:

M y dude the bert and ernie reveal in the manga was some poo poo

Best part was someone had called that they were the armored and colossal titans like two years earlier or whatever, meticulously so, in a WordPress blog. It was kind of incredible how hard they nailed it, pointing out every weird little action the two had done throughout the series.

Yeah the Bert going to bite his hand when the Utgart tower is collapsing is the one that really sealed it for me.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Suds McBoo posted:

I saw that they were shifters accidentally, and it clicked pretty quickly. Reiner had the hair and Bert was, y'know... pretty tall.

I did not expect Reiner to just blurt it out all of a sudden though, so the reveal still kinda caught me off-guard.

The manga reveal is similar to how they did it in the manga where panel focus is on the conversation Hange is happening and the reveal is just tucked away in the background dialogue at first. It's a really jarring "what the gently caress did I just read" moment. Fantastic.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm not saying it's impossible to convince me that the baby isn't Eren's but it's close
Historia could say straight to the camera that it isn't his and I'd assume she was lying.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Sockser posted:

Levi has a conversation with Mikasa where he asks her if she had an awakening of how powers and says that Kenny did as well

This is before Levi realizes he is an Ackerman which is kind of very weird in hindsight?

I think it's after Levi hears that Kenny is an Ackerman though, and Levi thought that Kenny was his father for years, so it's not a huge leap.

Even if I'm wrong on the timing, one look at Mikasa in a fight and you can tell she's got the same thing going on as the other two extreme badasses Levi knows.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I think Martley is more Italian?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The Story: Fascism is Bad

Anime twitter: Hmm, I think this author loves Nazis????

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'll never get tired of when stuff is popular the absolute flood of morons who have to shout at the top of their lungs about how, actually, they don't like thing, pleebs, and furthermore that means it's actually satan. Has any Content Creator ever managed to say "It's well done it's just not for me," or "It's all right" or even "It's not that great but who gives a poo poo" or does that take away time you could be using to tell me to use squarespace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I think it's just one of those things where it's the closest translation to a fairly common Japanese word but it looks weird because English doesn't use it in quite the same way. Note: I have no factual basis for saying this.

The one that sticks out to me is "cadre" which shows up in a couple of manga I've read and it's always struck me as sounding really clumsy