Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Could always make multiple movies :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:siren:Just a reminder that stuff that gets glossed over might come back up later, so try to avoid giving away too much detail if it wasn't in the anime adaptation, thanks. You can point out differences between the anime and manga with spoiler bars and a label saying (manga content the anime glosses over):siren:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can-can we not have this conversation about who should be murdered and when it's justifiable in this thread?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Alan_Shore posted:

... that's... literally what this season is about?

Sorry, I meant of the real world variety.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pootybutt posted:

Get over it. The thing you love is big and mainstream, you're gonna see lots of takes on it.

Your posts in this thread suck. People have explained to you how your takes fall apart because they don't take the whole work into effect and don't follow along with the work's themes, and instead of accepting the criticism, you keep on insisting everyone else is wrong and that they should just accept people posting harmful, lovely takes that spread misinformation without getting defensive because it's a mainstream piece of media and lots of people will have lovely opinions. No, misinformation should be curtailed, and it is understandable for people to be tired of having to defend and explain why the media they are enjoying isn't some sort of pro-fascist propaganda when the themes pretty clearly are not in alignment with that, from people who only give the series s cursory glance and don't do proper research beforehand.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

Your posts in this thread suck. People have explained to you how your takes fall apart because they don't take the whole work into effect and don't follow along with the work's themes, and instead of accepting the criticism, you keep on insisting everyone else is wrong and that they should just accept people posting harmful, lovely takes that spread misinformation without getting defensive because it's a mainstream piece of media and lots of people will have lovely opinions. No, misinformation should be curtailed, and it is understandable for people to be tired of having to defend and explain why the media they are enjoying isn't some sort of pro-fascist propaganda when the themes pretty clearly are not in alignment with that, from people who only give the series s cursory glance and don't do proper research beforehand.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Man, Isayama really hates Jews, doesn't he. It's depressing to me just how anti-Semitic this series is.

Please don't do this vague posting. If you think that there's something anti-semetic about the series to discuss, please provide examples and explain how it's anti-semetic.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Srice posted:

What if...two movies.

You're not thinking big enough...three movies.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

freeipods posted:

From what I can tell everything in the S4 trailer was animated specifically for the trailer and none of the shots are from the show itself. Maybe this is a common practice I never noticed until now?

That sort of thing tends to be way more common with Video Games than with Movies or TV Shows, but I wouldn't say it's unheard of, especially if the trailer was made really early in production.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Martman posted:

Let's just make all the "AoT is fascist" people wear armbands to identify themselves so we can avoid conversation with them

Hmmmm. Let's not.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

nabo posted:

guys, guys, i think their language is based on german too :aaa:

:rolleyes:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm just going to quote the OP this one time:

Conspiratiorist posted:

:siren:THIS IS THE ANIME THREAD:siren:
No manga spoilers allowed. Feel free to earnestly speculate, but no posting "fan theories" imported from reddit which are actually just thinly disguised manga spoilers. And if you're truly desperate to know whether your own pet theory holds, you should head over to the manga thread.
:siren:THIS IS THE ANIME THREAD:siren:

It can be tempting to respond to inquiries in this thread with hindsight from the manga, but please do not do that here. Things can be left unsaid, and people can figure these things out for themselves when the time comes.

Also do not intentionally try to bait arguments or spoil people on the substance of the manga, even indirectly. If you want to talk about those things, the manga thread would be a much more conducive place to have those discussions without upsetting anyone.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

1) You don't know if the ending will be exactly the same. There have been subtle changes throughout the anime from the manga, and even the ending of the Manga itself got redone a month after the first printing, and most people considered it a big improvement.
2)How about you let the people who have been following and enjoying this show for almost a decade decide for themselves whether or not the ending was worth the journey?
3)Despite some loud noises online, many people were just fine with the ending as it were, so there is definitely a lot of bias going not only onto your feelings on it, but also in you going into a thread to deflate people's expectations.

Don't post about the ending anymore in this thread, or else I'm gonna start probating posters who can't keep their lips shut and just want to ruin other people's enjoyment.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I've been show only this whole time somehow.

I love the three way conflict developing between team Jaeger, team Mikasa, and team Reiner.

Every half season of this anime ends with the best holy poo poo moments. Maybe my favorite anime of all time?

Does anyone have a link to the season 2 or three threads? I want to go laugh at my old predictions

S2:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815578

S3:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863968

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Definitely opm universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i emerge from the cave to ask: is the attack on titan anime over yet? when is it over? when can i be at peace??

There is exactly one special episode left, coming out around "fall" like Terper said