Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
EasilyConfused's secret method for an enjoyable forums experience Trolls hate him!

1. Try not to post dumb poo poo
2. When you do post dumb poo poo, don't be offended when someone calls you on it
3. If you ever get upset about somebody making fun of you, realize that you are talking the forums too seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

buffalo all day posted:

I don't think you have thought this answer through, but I'm happy to queue up a few bans and test it out.

On December 6, 2020, the ban wars began.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

smarxist posted:

Risking a probe here to post very generally;

How brave.

deadking posted:

Yeah I hope everyone can at least recognize that the bans were way excessive, regardless of where people land on whether punishment was appropriate at all.

This is my view. It seems like what gets a probe varying a lot by forum is fine, but bans should be more consistent.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

littleorv posted:

Frankly I think we should defund the cspam mod team and reallocate those resources in order to obtain more effective and consistent moderation. It is pretty clear that the bans are in place because of preconceived biases that are endemic to the current cspam organizational structure. So I think starting from scratch would be very beneficial for the forum and the community as a whole.

:perfect:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

also why is it that every time someone says anything negative about CSPAM they are always part of some invasion force. I have never posted in FYAD nor CSPAM I just find your subforum and its culture a deeply embarrassing cancer on the rest of SA.

:emptyquote:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Roth posted:

That is one horrendous post

Shouldn't you probate yourself for shitposting in QCS now?

Even if it isn't a good post, you aren't contributing to the conversation by just making a jerkoff motion at someone.

nm, Roth clarified below.

EasilyConfused fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 6, 2020

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't know what it was like a couple years ago, but here in 2020 you'd be surprised at how often people escalate minor forum drama poo poo into going after each other's real lives.

Even if true, how is that possibly relevant to this thread?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Two unfair bans reversed and the creepy guy who wants to murder dogs permabanned.

Pretty good couple hours in QCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

:perfect: