Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The consequences for being made fun of on Something Awful are very minor. Lots of us have done and said ridiculous poo poo, and people are going to make fun of that. If being mocked on SA is the worst thing happening to you, you don't have real problems. And if you do have real problems, getting made fun of doesn't exacerbate them. This isn't Twitter or Twitch or Facebook, people don't have your real name and they aren't going to track you down and swat you. Just laugh at yourself. When you can't laugh at yourself it starts making you crazy.

e: lmao this av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Admins in general need to stop letting "mod consensus" or whatever push them around. There were times I should have pushed back against things I disagreed with, and I failed to do so because I'm a chump with poor social skills and no management experience. I regretted it every time, unsurprisingly. I should have just read a book on personnel management or whatever, and I hope the current admins will do so. If you think a decision is bad, say so. Even if everyone else in the mod forum agrees with it. At worst, you'll get an angry PM or something, and who cares about that? Learn from my mistakes, people.