Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Undisputed Era vs Pat McAfee, Pete Dunne, Danny Burch, and Oney Lorcan (Men's WarGames Match):

Will Pat McAfee and company finish what they started, or will they rue the day they targeted The Undisputed ERA?

This long-simmering issue dates back to NXT TakeOver XXX, where the brash McAfee squared off with Adam Cole one on one. Though Cole emerged victorious, the former NFL All-Pro impressed with athleticism and unexpected ring prowess in his squared-circle debut.

McAfee was far from done with Cole and The Undisputed ERA, however. First hiring Ridge Holland to take out the former NXT Champion at NXT TakeOver 31, McAfee engineered a plot to take out The Undisputed ERA one by one, costing them the chance to challenge Breezango for the NXT Tag Team Titles.

Instead, Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch took their place, and with McAfee’s help, claimed the championship gold.

Pete Dunne appeared ready to join Kyle O’Reilly in arms when he confronted McAfee and company — until Dunne shocked O’Reilly and the NXT Universe by instead aligning with the opposition.

After weeks of running roughshod over the black-and-gold brand, The Undisputed ERA finally returned on Nov. 18 and an all-out brawl ensued. NXT General Manager William Regal announced the only fitting solution for the highly combustible situation: WarGames!

The Undisputed ERA will face an uphill climb after Dunne secured the WarGames advantage for his team in a Ladder Match against O'Reilly, albeit in dubious fashion.

With the battle lines drawn, which team will claim victory?

Team Shotzi vs Team Candice (Women's WarGames):

Little did Candice LeRae know that when she destroyed Shotzi Blackheart’s tank, it would be a prelude to war.

The two rivals will collide as captains of opposing teams inside WarGames at NXT TakeOver: WarGames on Sunday, Dec. 6.

Blackheart and The Poison Pixie have long been jostling for position in the NXT Women’s Championship picture, but their tensions became personal in recent weeks. When a masked Indi Hartwell attempted to help LeRae defeat Io Shirai for the NXT Women’s Title, Blackheart snuffed out the interference and LeRae came up short.

LeRae fired back where it hurt the most, running over Blackheart’s trademark tank in a hummer as Blackheart looked on in tears.

The Poison Pixie wasted little time assembling her team, recruiting Dakota Kai and Raquel González, and perhaps most stunningly, Toni Storm, who shockingly betrayed Ember Moon after previously teaming with her.

Moon will get a chance at payback after becoming the first to teammate to join Blackheart. Rhea Ripley later joined the squad as well, less than a week after being assaulted by LeRae and company on NXT, and NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai rounded out Team Shotzi in emphatic fashion, evening the odds and helping Blackheart overcome Goázalez in a Ladder Match to claim the advantage for this bout.

With two star-studded squads and heated personal vendettas nearly across the board, which team will emerge victorious?

Leon Ruff vs Johnny Gargano vs Damian Priest (NXT North American Championship):

Leon Ruff shocked the world once against Johnny Gargano. Can he do it again, this time versus not only Gargano, but also Damian Priest?

The underdog NXT North American Champion will put his title on the line against both challengers in a Triple Threat Match at NXT TakeOver: WarGames.

Gargano admittedly rigged his “...Wheel of Challengers” to line himself up for what he thought would be an easy title defense against Ruff to finally break his championship curse, but the tactic backfired. Ruff stunned Johnny Wrestling, who has been obsessively trying to regain the title since.

Priest derailed Gargano in his rematch with Ruff, intentionally getting Gargano disqualified by blasting Ruff with a right hand.

But that also drew ire from Ruff toward Priest, with the plucky upstart demanding to be taken seriously.

Will Ruff prove himself and once again overcome the odds? Or will Priest or Gargano win back the North American Championship?

Dexter Lumis vs Cameron Grimes (Strap Match):

Dexter Lumis has tormented Cameron Grimes for weeks, though The Technical Savage has gotten even from time to time in dastardly fashion.

Grimes’ hand will be tied, though — literally — when he has to contend with NXT’s Tortured Artist in a Strap Match come NXT TakeOver: WarGames.

Grimes has likely rued the day he chose to get back at Lumis for what he perceived as disrespect, as Lumis has haunted him ever since, most notably with a horde of the undead on his side in an unbelievable Haunted House of Terror Match.

But The Technical Savage has repeatedly ambushed Lumis and cost him matches, prompting Lumis to pull out a strap after their most recent encounter and inspiring NXT General Manager William Regal to create this match.

With nowhere to run, can Grimes find a way to survive? Or will Lumis finally take care of him for good?

Tommaso Ciampa vs Timothy Thatcher:

Tommaso Ciampa finally has what he wanted: a match with Timothy Thatcher.

The Blackheart will square off with the dean of Thatch-as-Thatch-Can at NXT TakeOver: WarGames this Sunday night.

Thatcher has taken liberties with students several times during his Thatch-as-Thatch-Can demonstrations, eventually drawing a confrontation with Ciampa after Thatcher assaulted ex-student August Grey after defeating him. The devious technician retreated after insisting he had “no problem” The Blackheart.

That changed later when Ciampa’s presence at ringside loomed over Thatcher enough to distract him from business against Kushida, costing him a loss.

This past week, Ciampa interrupted Thatcher’s latest “class,” which may have been a trap by Thatcher all along as he and his student attacked The Blackheart from behind, concluding in Thatcher finally accepting Ciampa’s challenge.

Which will prevail in this battle of no-nonsense rivals — The Blackheart’s hard-nosed style or Thatcher’s deep array of holds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Technical Savage

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Starting with the women's War Games match. This should be really good.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Will Ghostface show up today?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

cant believe wwe signed maleficent

also wow almost all of these entrance themes are so... zzzzz

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shotzi has a t-shirt cannon on her tank!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Maigius posted:

Will Ghostface show up today?

the face women have the advantage so id imagine hartwell is taking one of them out, but who fuckin knows

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dakota and Ember should be main eventers

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's pretty insane that there's a war games takeover on and I totally forgot about it until I saw this thread

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why the hell are they not taking time to sell anything? They're just running spot to spot

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've seen 10 seconds of Shotzi Blackheart and I already hate her

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

I've seen 10 seconds of Shotzi Blackheart and I already hate her

She's still kind of green (lol) but people loving love her. She's all right.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raquel has gotten so much better in the ring. Maybe pairing her with Dakota was the right move.

Also lol at her using Dakota as a weapon

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol at that rubber hammer

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

These fake crowd reactions are so bad

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Starting with the main event? NXT is unique again!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol just shouting the countdown on that

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What's the point keep them someone out if you can't win until all are in?!

I assume just to do damage and weaken them but still

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that this match is that the heels are completely outsmarting the faces.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Am I crazy for thinking this match sucks?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

well... there it is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Am I crazy for thinking this match sucks?

It's been a pretty standard War Games match. They usually pick up once everyone is in.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

lmao

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Those referees are terrible at their job

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Io's face as she put the trash can over herself

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
lmao that spot

Io is the best

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

IO SHIRAI IS THE loving BEST :lol:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Okay that owned, Io owns.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

IO SHIRAI IS THE loving BEST :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

It's been a pretty standard War Games match. They usually pick up once everyone is in.

I'm realizing the stupid crowd "reactions" are what's taking me out of this match.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1335745179198713856

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol Shotzi sucks

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

I know we complain about this every single show but goddamn this lovely camerawork

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ow gently caress that Eclipse

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What the gently caress was that spot?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Power Windows posted:

I know we complain about this every single show but goddamn this lovely camerawork

It's so much worse when they're shooting through the fence.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

these women are killing themselves in front of fake fan cams with canned responses actually watched by an army of 50+s

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I just love the drat Eclipse so much

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

shotzi.... why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A lot of really dumb, reckless spots in this match