Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Female troll adept named Taz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kanfy posted:

Holding in your :allears: is part of the thread rules so try to hang in there.

Oh I know, and I hardly want to spoil anything big. But this is a game that just generates a large amount of :allears: naturally.

And alas, looks like my decker-cyberperson is losing the struggle. :smith: You really can't go wrong with any archetype for the MC (so long as you have decent charisma once again, tho the HK team can be better about helping with checks) but I do think adept suffers a tiny bit without at least some cyber, because we just end up with so many other options for ventilating people. Meanwhile, if we want very high pure Spellcasting on the team, that's more or less all on the player. And the player being able to deck (or cast) does give us a little flexibility that we wouldn't have otherwise, among other things.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh I know, and I hardly want to spoil anything big. But this is a game that just generates a large amount of :allears: naturally.

And alas, looks like my decker-cyberperson is losing the struggle. :smith: You really can't go wrong with any archetype for the MC (so long as you have decent charisma once again, tho the HK team can be better about helping with checks) but I do think adept suffers a tiny bit without at least some cyber, because we just end up with so many other options for ventilating people. Meanwhile, if we want very high pure Spellcasting on the team, that's more or less all on the player. And the player being able to deck (or cast) does give us a little flexibility that we wouldn't have otherwise, among other things.
Kanfy has proven in the past to be determined to show off as much content as possible, even when it'd otherwise be locked behind bringing certain party members.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Lol, I bet you think you're so loving clever with that thread title

It's true, that's hella clever

Edit: also, the russian dude legit scared me. I dunno how often I have an urge to murder or flee from a digital character, let alone one on your team, but god drat. Glory can be scary, but mr ruskie scared me worse

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 9, 2020

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Half ork cybered up melee samurai monk

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Rawkking posted:

:same:
First name Anita, last name starts with Z.

Thank you for doing this Kanfy, please take care of your health.

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
I like the name Taz but want to throw my hat in for Male Troll Adept too. Big punch friend please.

feldhase
Apr 27, 2011

Rawkking posted:

:emptyquote:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Rawkking posted:

:emptyquote:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Female adept named Suzie Q. (not bolding the name 'cause I already voted for that part earlier)

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Male Troll, cyber-samurai with blades literally up and/or out the wazoo

The goal is to out-Glory Glory in the metal machine department

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Alright, let's see where we're at here... Physical Adept seems locked in barring a real surge out of nowhere, which is not an unexpected result. Taz seems like the popular street name of choice as well.

Not a ton of suggestions for real names yet by the looks of it, but I guess that also depends on where we ultimately end up. We will need one though! Our primary killing method is still up in the air, but I will likely default to melee weapons if people don't have strong opinions on the matter. For what it's worth, this is still a primarily story-focused LP so you shouldn't expect anything perfectly min-maxed either way.

Other than that we seem to have narrowed down the choices to Female Troll, Male Troll, or Female Dwarf (currently in the lead) and I can't imagine anything else can realistically catch up. Here are the portraits for each to help you choose, you can still adjust your vote if you see one that makes you change your mind or your initial choice isn't in these top 3. Just quote your previous post or mention what you're changing from so it's easier to keep track.

E: To clarify, stick to choosing between these three options (and preferably a full name for them), though you can certainly specify which portrait you'd like for your choice. If a clear favorite emerges then we'll just go with that one, otherwise we'll probably do a quick poll for the portrait or something after we have a character.

As you might notice, the last two on the first row are always a pair of new Asian portraits specifically added for Hong Kong which match the rest of the game's art style, if that kinda consistency is something you're looking for.

Female Troll Portraits:

Male Troll Portraits:

Female Dwarf Portraits:

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 9, 2020

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Male troll portrait 4 because "magic bishonen troll samurai" sounds like a laugh

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Gun Jam posted:

Well, the bug's still here - dunno if it still does the "inflate every save", but if an ally joins you mid - mission, you'll see that their stats are better than normal, only for that mission.

Oh? Doesn't sound like it's a big issue this time, but I'll keep an eye out.

sincx posted:

Please please please don't burn out, Kanfy. Your LPs have been awesome, but don't tire yourself out for our sake!

I love you dearly thread, and I appreciate your concern, but rest assured that I'm not planning on pushing myself to the brink of burnout for you or this game. Like I said earlier I'll try to keep a relatively steady pace with updates, but it's not going to be as fast as it was at the end of the last thread. And if I feel like I need a break then I'll tell you that I'll be taking a break.

It's a long RPG and it's going to be an even longer LP. We've got time.

All the time in the world...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Female troll portrait 4 (or alternately if we do go male troll, last one on the bottom left).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So many of these portraits scream "Backer cameo" (I peeked in the Kickstarter campaign and there were 132 people who backed the "get your player portrait in the game" tier or above).

Fourth in this row if Female Troll.

Third in this row if Male Troll.

Last in this row if Female Dwarf.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AceOfFlames posted:

Last in this row if Female Dwarf.

I think these are all troll portraits and I can't remember if you can mix and match with the metaraces.

Anyway, I like #4 on this row enough that I'm willing to fully swing my vote to Female Troll over my previous offer of female dwarf. Give me that edgy trash goblin energy.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 9, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

I think these are all troll portraits and I can't remember if you can mix and match with the metaraces.

:doh:

This is what happens when I don't have my morning coffee.

First in this row if Female Dwarf.

EDIT: If anyone owns the game and is curious to see which portraits are backer created/comissioned, the file names for each contains the backer's real name. Spoilers of course.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Oh yeah, there are a lot of backer portraits as usual, mostly in the human and elf departments. I can show off the other portraits at some point.

Also for clarity's sake, stick to either voting for a Female Troll, Male Troll or Female Dwarf. You can specify which portrait you'd like for your choice of course, and if there's a clear consensus then we'll just go with that one. If not, we'll pick a portrait once we know what we're playing.

Again you can still change your vote from earlier if you want, just please mention what you're changing it from.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 9, 2020

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?

RabidWeasel posted:

Male troll portrait 4 because "magic bishonen troll samurai" sounds like a laugh

Yes, this.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Female troll

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RabidWeasel posted:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Actually, never mind, I am changing my vote to Female Troll

Last portrait.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 9, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Female troll, last portrait in this row, because that family resemblance with Duncan is uncanny.

Gun Jam posted:

Vote: Last name's Black, because of a very minor spoiler.
:hmmyes:

Edit: Let's go with Ling Black , because the idea of a troll adept with a name that means "dainty" is loving hilarious.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 9, 2020

Jernaugh
Jan 21, 2019
OK, I'm getting on the female troll train. Whoo whoo!

Gonna be edgy and go with the rightmost portrait from here though:

That smirk just fits so nicely with Kanfy's snark.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Jernaugh posted:

There's going to be quite a lot of snark either way, Rosa was no slouch in that department but there's definitely going to be some extra spice in the protagonist's lines this time around. I don't think there are any portraits that don't match it though, it just depends on how dry a voice you imagine them being said in.

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Let's go with Ling Black , because the idea of a troll adept with a name that means "dainty" is loving hilarious.

Also I believe this officially puts "Black" in the lead in last names, having now collected 2 whole votes. :v:

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 9, 2020

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Sticking with Female Dwarf #4. Asian dwarf lady looks cool

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Male Troll #4, named Shin Black

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Female Troll named Clarissa Black

12Apr1961
Dec 7, 2013
Anita "Taz" Zubrowski

Female Dwarf

The absolute last dwarf portrait - I like the smirk.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Sticking with Female Troll for my vote (trolls don’t get enough love and you can get your Cha to 7 if you really try)

Agreeing with the real name Ling Black

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Female troll, portrait 4

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Female troll, portrait 4

Same here, female troll portrait 4

I'm still pretty torn between 4 and 5 here tbh, both of them rule

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xun posted:

I'm still pretty torn between 4 and 5 here tbh, both of them rule
Yeah, same. It was the thing I put in the spoiler text that pushed me over.

Honestly, every female troll portrait in this game is great. Different kinds of great, but great.

For example...

Jernaugh posted:

Gonna be edgy and go with the rightmost portrait from here though:

That last one looks like she gives good hugs, but you're probably getting noogie'd afterwards.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, every female troll portrait in this game is great. Different kinds of great, but great.

These aren't included in the vote but this reminded me that there's also a set of backer-exclusive portraits for people who had a high enough pledge in the kickstarter, primarily for uncommon metavariants like gnomes or oni. Can really get your super special protagonist game on!

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 9, 2020

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Female troll 4 or 5

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Female troll, portrait 4

This, real name Ling Black

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Female dwarf, portrait 4.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i change my vote to vote for shin black as full name

nobody actually in korea in actual life would name their kid this but it is a properly outrageous hong kong name, like some of the ones we will see in heoi

and thats as spoilery as saying that hong kong is on the coast, they have those outrageous names in real life right now

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

KataraniSword posted:

Anyway, I like #4 on this row enough that I'm willing to fully swing my vote to Female Troll over my previous offer of female dwarf. Give me that edgy trash goblin energy.

This