Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
You have lost your goddamn mind, and holy poo poo, I love it. This is, I think, the most philosophical and character driven of the HBS-SR games, and this is probably my favorite.

My vote is going to be kind of hedgy. I have no preference for name or any kind of character, but I do agree with the posters that say that the story makes the most sense with a Physical Adept or a Mage, (I played with a Mage, and liked it very much). And for reasons of having a racially diverse party, I further split my vote between Troll and Elf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

No preference on name, and I know this is probably a losing battle at this point, but Male Troll because a) he's purdy, and b) we've already had two female protagonists in these playthroughs...

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Yay for racial gestalt, and being something different every playthrough, which I try to do... A shame there aren't two more games so we can get an ork and a dwarf, but we can't have everything.

Also yay for a portrait in the new style, for a look I find a little bit more striking than the others... maybe I'm into green hair

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

I think the big troll was Nightjar, but Gutshot might’ve been the Elf lady?

Nightjar was the troll, but I wanted to celebrate his really good runner name too. Because the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightjar (or nighthawk, sometimes) is a bird with long wings and not very big feet who a) are generally active during the crepuscular hours (dawn and dusk); b) have cryptically colored plumage that helps them hide, resembling bark or leaves; c) hunt by swooping down on moths and bugs, catching them in a beak that isn't very long but is often startlingly wide; and d) have as a call this... creepy drone I wish I could reproduce here, but I'm at work. They're found in a lot of places, and have a reputation as a bird of sorrow or ill omen. Also, a lot of them nest on the ground, as opposed to in a tree.

So, yeah- not a bad handle for a Shadowrunner! RIP, Nightjar; you... probably weren't a good person by most measures even in the Shadowrun world, but your nomenclature? On point.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Kanfy posted:

[She closes her eyes and smiles with pleasure.]

That boy was my favorite. He sang to me sometimes.

Reminder that a nightjar sounds like this: https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/nightjar/ Interesting taste Auntie has.

As for voting, it's clear the way the wind is blowing anyway, I vote for Is0bel, because while I see your point that she might not want to go back, she also knows the area, and and I feel less bad about Gobbet being put to humiliating tasks than I do Izzy, because it looks like Gobbet is more used to that sort of thing. Also, steamrolls are no fun.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

When we said we went to prison for helping a friend out of a jam, I'd say we painted a picture of loyalty for Shin, and when Kanfy chose Academic*, I believe that's indicative of someone who thinks at least a little bit about where and whom to punch before doing so, troll crime orphan or no. So I say Option 5 for the response.

*And I am so happy they did that by the way. Other etiquettes might get you more money and enable you to skip some confrontations, but if you really get into this setting and these character, really chew the juice out of them like a dog worries a ham-bone, then slap on that pocket protector, don your suspenders, and put on your taped glasses, because it's time to get your nerd on.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Stroth posted:

Hong Kong is undisputedly Lung's turf. But he's also the head of the Yellow Lotus's biggest competitor. He's not hiding out on their doorstep pretending to be a nobody. Dragons have more pride than that.

Well, Great Dragons do, but regular dragons can shapeshift too, can't they?

I pegged Lau as a disguised dragon myself, but that's far from the only thing he can be. A ghost? A Spirit riding shotgun in someone? Some God or Power or personification of something just dropping in for a game of Go? Possibilities are endless, really...

And boy, does Heoi feel like a great and lively hub. The Kreuzbazar was good too, but you actually feel that people live here... a shame HBS has seemed to move on from Shadowrun, because every game really does seem to be better than the last in measurable ways.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

I was going to go traditional with the Monk outfit, because I think Taz might go for that (stereotypes be damned), but- no shoes. I don't care how traditional it is, you need shoes in the city of the future, especially the places Runners go.

So this is the opposite direction entirely, but I think I have to throw my hat in for the Ballistic Cloth Suit. Yes, I know the Securetech is more suitable and more cyberpunk, but daaamn.

I like girls in suits.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Someone who picked Academic would surely seek truth over solace in lies riches or thrills. And I... will recuse myself from the boat name because I want to see how it plays out (also I like both Bolthole and Big Texas too much to decide).

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

I cannot describe how warm it makes me feel that, even in the grim darkness of the corporate future, one of the popular activities on Shadownet is "Mods are asleep; post poetry"

One practices revolution in the time and manner one may, I guess.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

He absolutely looks like someone who would think that, yes.

Anyway, um, I don't have any real opinion on the museum crew, except that the logic behind the voting is a thing I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the worlds going to poo poo its ok