Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

By popular demand posted:

I'm going to abstain from voting but I'll cheerfully thank the devs for making the physical adapt a much more fun choice this time around. If you're playing along at home you may want to try a ridiculous troll adapt build.

Can confirm troll physad is the best thing in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Male troll portrait 4 because "magic bishonen troll samurai" sounds like a laugh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the dude who sells you drones is better characterized than some aaa protags

What blows me away about the quality of the writing in this game is that in spite of how good it is you can skip almost all of it if you don't keep talking to everyone all the time

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Duncan's problem is that he's not only the most "normal" character in terms of the writing but he's also gameplay-boring, being "guy with rifle". All the other characters are far more interesting, even the token decker gets some cool guns to make up for deckers normally being boring / something of a liability in regular combat.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I dont know posted:

Also the way IJN traditionally handled provisions. Polished white rice, which as you said was seen as prestigious, urban, and sophisticated, was offered in unlimited quantity as a benefit of service. All other foods, like meats and veggies were stocked, but sailors had to purchase them out of pocket. This predictably led to a bunch of sailors trying to save more of their wages by subsiding entirely on white rice and water.

Like... they knew about scurvy, right?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Gobbet for being my favorite party member in any CRPG ever.

Seconding this vote for the same reason.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

NeverHelm posted:

Of course they do. All your workers turning into useless hedonists is bad for your share price. It doesn't justify the short-term income.

This sounds like unreasonably long term thinking for a lot of corps tbh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

SecureTech

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I remember absolutely nothing about Gaichu in terms of combat performance but that's probably because I was playing a fairly optimised troll physad and I'm sure that Kanfy is going to show how that turns out

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Have you seen LockpickingLawyer's channel? He has looked at lots of electronic/biometric locks and safes.
They are universally complete poo poo.

I like the one that just unlocked when you put a rare earth magnet near it

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Gun Jam posted:

"Ethiomalian territories"
*check map*
...what?

Gonna guess that Ethiopia and Mali decided to join hands across the middle of Africa or something equally stupid

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The vase was too large and beautiful for this world.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

biosterous posted:

in the meantime anyone who needs a shadowrun fix can read (or reread) blake island school of magic
I felt like I'd got somewhat behind on keeping up with that thread and apparently it's been 8 months :psyduck:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I remember this thread. It's a good thread. Hope you're doing well, Kanfy :)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Is that game good, btw? Seems like every LP of it on SA avoids the campaign like a plague, which seems like a warning sign.

Rad game held back by the AI being pretty weak and the setting having some of the most fanatical grognards in the history of fiction (it's crucially important for immersion for most of the enemy mechs to suck rear end because it's canon).

Mods do a good job of fixing the latter but not really the former, but if you just want to play the game through once it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

ProfessorCirno posted:

Now, the far more "exotic" stuff like Wired Reflexes, we have no clue how the body would handle that - that kind of thing is purely the subject of fantasy. But replacing body parts? The science says there's no reason to expect human beings to undergo LOSS OF HUMANITY over a new arm.

If anything, the success of mirror therapy etc. shows that restoring a body part to something which more closely resembles its correct form, even superficially, actually makes you more human, not less; but then SR's Essence is more about magical woo bullshit than it is about psychological trauma