Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

KataraniSword posted:

Let's go with a female Dwarf adept, of any given real name you wish, but with a street name of Taz, because things are about to get Looney Tunes in here.
Same, but fermale Troll adept with a street name of Taz.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The shaman in this game is my favorite Shadowrun NPC ever.

Edit: I really hope when he gets the chance, Kanfy chooses "Go ahead, there's no one here but us." It's such a small dialogue choice but it feels so important for something that never really gets brought up again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh I know, and I hardly want to spoil anything big. But this is a game that just generates a large amount of :allears: naturally.

And alas, looks like my decker-cyberperson is losing the struggle. :smith: You really can't go wrong with any archetype for the MC (so long as you have decent charisma once again, tho the HK team can be better about helping with checks) but I do think adept suffers a tiny bit without at least some cyber, because we just end up with so many other options for ventilating people. Meanwhile, if we want very high pure Spellcasting on the team, that's more or less all on the player. And the player being able to deck (or cast) does give us a little flexibility that we wouldn't have otherwise, among other things.
Kanfy has proven in the past to be determined to show off as much content as possible, even when it'd otherwise be locked behind bringing certain party members.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Female troll, last portrait in this row, because that family resemblance with Duncan is uncanny.

Gun Jam posted:

Vote: Last name's Black, because of a very minor spoiler.
:hmmyes:

Edit: Let's go with Ling Black , because the idea of a troll adept with a name that means "dainty" is loving hilarious.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 9, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xun posted:

I'm still pretty torn between 4 and 5 here tbh, both of them rule
Yeah, same. It was the thing I put in the spoiler text that pushed me over.

Honestly, every female troll portrait in this game is great. Different kinds of great, but great.

For example...

Jernaugh posted:

Gonna be edgy and go with the rightmost portrait from here though:

That smirk just fits so nicely with Kanfy's snark.
That last one looks like she gives good hugs, but you're probably getting noogie'd afterwards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sure, I'll swap to this one. I like the other one more, but not enough to help drag the vote out. As much as Kanfy deserves a break, I'd prefer this not be how we give it to them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Ooh it's still on, I like it. We'll call it later today when I have more time, 'til then here's an in-game comparison of the default looks for anyone still on the fence. As you can see there's unfortunately no way to perfectly match the hair, but I'll look through the other options too.

Okay, I’ll admit, the green hair model looks better, too. More than happy with this outcome.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The cut-off side horns are probably as close as we can get to the 'lots of small horns on the temple'.

Podima posted:

I know it's not my choice but I'm a big fan of the third horn option.

Quackles posted:

I also vote for horns #3.
But the people have spoken, and I agree that the third looks the best. #3.

Edit: I'm not sure if how often my posts get quoted by Kanfy is a good thing or a bad thing. :ohdear:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

I don't think the game ever goes into what your character did to get locked up. Since she has the Academic etiquette, I'm making it my headcanon that Shin was a doctoral student whose research team's "intellectual property theft" pissed off a megacorp and she was the scapegoat who got a prison term for it. And then while in jail she hit the iron and got fuckin' swole.
You can give one of several vague answers for what you're doing when you get arrested, which is about what HK does, in general: Gives you the basic outline of your character's backstory, and lets you fill in the blanks yourself.

Servetus posted:

Incidentally, Academic isn't out of character for a Shadowrun Troll at all. The well-read Troll autodidact is actually a Shadowrun stereotype, or at least it is a couple of editions on from this. A lot of Trolls were forced out of the arcologies in the city cores out into the ruins of what used to be the suburbs, areas that were well supplied with public libraries before everything went on the Matrix. As a result of this Trolls have the highest literacy rate of any metatype, or at least they will by the 2070s.
I very much appreciate that while orks and trolls have lower max Intelligence, they don't have any malus to raising it in general, and even 6 is much higher than your average Joe is ever likely to get it without cyber giving it a boost. (Which does work on trolls, IIRC. At least in tabletop.) Generally speaking, the dearth of well-educated trolls comes from lack of opportunity, rather than lack of ability.

So you might not meet many trolls who could beat Garry Kasparov III at chess mahjong, but there are still plenty who could beat you.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 17, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

One thing I noticed while replaying Dragonfall again (but don't want to bump the old thread with because it's past time) is just how blatant the foreshadowing is that Simmy Kim broke because of a stillborn child. Not only is she obsessed with BTLs themed around motherhood, but she says that Monica told her that good people, childhood pets, and stillborn babies go to heaven. Like, I felt really stupid for not noticing sooner.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 19, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We were young, dumb, scrappy, and naive, and when we got a promise from a guy about a deal, we didn't know any better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do appreciate that it’s not possible to lie to Duncan. No matter what you choose, you’re honest with him about it. Great little way to show your old relationship.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My favorite line for defusing the situation here is immediately identifying the real issue at hand. Paraphrasing slightly

Shin: "This is about money, right? Let's talk about money."

Nightjar, lowering his gun slightly: "I like talking about money."

You don't even need an etiquette, it's just a fun line.

Edit: Though I do think it was an incredibly wasted opportunity to not include a Shadowrunner etiquette option. Honestly the HBS games really underuse the Shadowrunner etiquette in general. IIRC, aside from getting a bit more money from a couple jobs, every time it's materially useful, you can get by with a different one or just a flat stat check.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 28, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Duncan has the problem where his first impression really puts people off, which means they bench him for one of the more immediately compelling characters. And once he's on the bench, he doesn't have nearly as many opportunities to make up for it and be endearing as someone actively getting brought along.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I've always found that particular loophole for casting spells from a distance to be pretty funny.

Somewhere some megacorp has a system of orbiting mirrors and complex optics and a team of mages that can cast spells anywhere in the world at any time. Probably Ares, they're one of the big space players and blowing things up is their thing.
Don't let the Azzies get a hold of one of them. The last thing the Sixth World needs is blood mages who can see the entire planet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

On the one hand I get where you're coming from, on the other it's the very next convo. Literally the top of next update. So as spoilers go it's not exactly saying who's Kaiser Söze.
You must be a delight to watch movies with. "Oh, this next scene is great, it's when Banana Jackson reveals that he's a serial killer."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HereticMIND posted:

This isn’t a War in the Pacific thread.
:thejoke:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gobbet for being my favorite party member in any CRPG ever.

Kindly Cheng is wonderful and I love her but yes, as an actual human being, she'd be terrifying.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

It's just that it was considered "ugly and makes us look bad" that it was torn down, not out of any humanitarian concern for the people living inside it.
This and "it was a horrendously terrible place to live" can both be true. You realize that, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And here I thought the LP thread about the idealized anarchist state would be the more political one.

That's not a complaint about the idea of the discussion but holy hell is this thread going to be walking the razor's edge of falling into 'yikes' territory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Keldulas posted:

The big problem with not bringing Izzie along and bringing someone else... is the lack of point to bring someone else. That other person isn't going to get you more money with their inclusion, and unlike Blitz, Izzie actually has good weapons and good combat ability.
That's a good way to put it. Despite the changes to mission design, it's still like... you don't need a reason to bring Is0bel. You need a reason to not bring Is0bel. And, usually, the only actually solid reason is "I always bring Is0bel."

Edit: Or "I'm a decker", but that hardly counts.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 22, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is this my opportunity to ramble about the Creator totem again?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I dont know posted:

:justpost:

On a side note, shamans are one of my favorite player class just because the mechanical rules side and the roleplaying side of tabletops interact directly in way that no other class really does.
Okay, so, the Creator, in particular, is wild. They're also known as the Artificer. So, what, are they the totem of monotheistic shamans, like YHVH, a polytheistic creator who made the world like Brahma, or are they one that creates things now, like Hephaestus? The answer, like with most things involving magic in Shadowrun, is "it depends on who you ask, but also all of the above." Just about any monotheistic or henotheistic shaman reveres the Creator basically by default, regardless of what name they know it/Him by, or what religion they follow. As you might imagine, this gives the idol a... complicated identity.

Edit: It's also very telling that the Creator was introduced in the Germany sourcebook; compared to the rest of the Sixth World, which has pretty much discarded the idea of organized religion, Germany has by and large held very firmly onto their Christian beliefs, including their mostly even split between Catholics and Protestants.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 7, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I kinda wanna go with number four, but yeah, find Dad fits Shin's characterization the best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Racter is good, but Gobbet is better. If only we were all so lucky as to have someone like her as a mentor/comrade/surrogate sister.

Also worth noting, orks reach maturity at like 12 and rarely live past 40. Nineteen or not, by both shadowrunner standards and ork standards, Gobbet's basically middle-aged.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 13, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think I recall it depends if they were born as orks or goblinized later. If you're born as an ork, then yeah your life expectancy is low. If you're born human then change, you get human life expectancy.
Correct! I forget the exact dates involved, but goblinization probably started happening well before Gobbet was born. (Though the mental image of Gobbet being a normal human baby who got named after meat and then goblinized is loving hilarious.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HMHVV still has literally the worst name of any fictional disease in any capacity that I have ever heard. How are you even supposed to say that out loud? Hum-huv-uv? Or do you just have to spell it out every time?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Servetus posted:

I just say "Aitch Em Aitch Vee Vee"
That's five goddamn syllables. I'm way too lazy for that.

Off the top of my head suggestion: MHAR, Meta-Human Altering Retrovirus, pronounced "mar".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Changing my vote to Gobbet.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 17, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rockstar Massacre posted:

leave Gobbet at home because you'll probably be bringing her everywhere after this as an Adept, whereas this coming mission is one of few areas that Duncan's expertiseis, in theory, relevant.

:hmmyes:

Changed my vote.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Not moved underground, but built over. The concrete just keeps going up and up, forever.
New New Hong Kong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Is it possible to magically or technologically overclock one's brain and nervous system so that everyday reality is augmented to BTL levels?
Probably not without instantly cooking it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Hey now I'm gonna have to stop you there, King Philip was just an addict to watching the only trideo he could find on his company's defunct intranet.

(Trideos, or Trids as the case may be, are completely external and are basically just real life TV but with added holograms to make it more 3D.)

He's literally someone who ended up trapped in a building alone with nothing more than long pork to eat and nothing more than Naruto to watch for years on end; don't liken him to a BTL junkie because he thinks he's the next hokage. :mad:
King Philip was the best. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Drugs in shadowrun is great, you just put random words in front of real drugs (deepweed, betameth) or just capitalize some real word (Kamikaze, Cram).
Deepweed sounds like a music genre you listen to while stoned.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

paragon1 posted:

I agree but it's actually just weed laced with magic and definitely not PCP.
That sounds more like sangria or ayahuasca.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Everyone says betameth is higher quality, but if you want the most accessibility and cheaper cost, you gotta get VHS (valium/heroin/speed)

I dont know posted:

Betameth gives cleaner highs, and is more sophisticated on a chemical level. However, you don't get erotic visions with it like VHSmeth, so i just can't compete.
I can't believe I almost missed these. This is art.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Last Gen!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My 'Kickstarter Backer' senses are tingling about Rainbow and Demergo, but my Google fu is coming up short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bewilderment posted:

I don't remember the actual crime motive so this is genuine speculation:

Seems to me like the killer (who's clearly highly trained and equipped) was paid somehow to kill Magpie, then kept on killing when they were stiffed on payment.

If that's the case then the deadbeat can't be someone already dead (because they can't pay). If it's one of the Elders responsible then it means they're hoping Shin Black kills the murderer before the murderer can talk and say who hired them.
Banana Jackson strikes again!