Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

human
Female
adept - focus on cyberweapons
Samantha Watts
street name: junior

It will end with the forgotten bastard child of where it all began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

The neighbors dog ran towards the ghoul gang's turf. Err... a friend is in trouble. A normal, metahuman friend.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they dont put you in jail for killin ghouls, they give you a credstick

No, but convincing a dog to cease adventuring rarely ends where they started.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I think the perfect explanation of Duncan's character is that at the end game, when the stakes have peaked, he still keeps trying to bring people in alive because he can't let go of the past.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I would say duncan is a really well done shooty man. Mechanically he has his nonlethal/lethal trees that are interesting and they also tie in well to his narrative crisis of his old life versus the new one.

And on a purely narrative front, him having a strained relationship with the PC and Raymond as family is interesting and let's the player develop things in several different ways.

He's a million times more interesting than eiger, a generic, stoic, professional soldier that's upset command got handed to a rookie when her boss died.

Oh, and unlike a certain someone, gunshow here can actually handle the big guns.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

:psyduck: people who aren't riggers use drones?

In this specific game? Absolutely. For 2 karma your PC can flip switches through vents on their own freeing up party options.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

One thing I like, not just about duncan but this entire meet the team segment:

You meet the team and they're all liabilities and on the verge of complete, neurotic breakdown. Duncan is on the verge of getting violent, gobbet looks ready to bolt and is0bel is relatively deer in the headlights about getting included on the APB action. The only one that really recovers in some capacity is is0bel. This is not a happy family sort of team like the last one.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Negative_Earth posted:

I like how the team assembled here is very, very different from the one in Berlin (I can't even remember the crew in Seattle, aside from Coyote).

There wasn't one. You just hired dudes on for each mission. You got coyote as a free hire a couple of times and that was pretty much it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Gobbet.
Each party member provides a unique path in and we're likely to see plenty is is0bel over the course of the game.

Besides, is0bel's description of the place makes me think she doesn't want to go back.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

She wanted them left alive and told him he could keep his men, so I imagine nothing too horrible.

You know, besides being stationed in the walled city where the super lovely energy is so bad it chased off that researcher.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Spider is a human's conception of Spiders - they're shaped by that belief, so they're a clever, patient, industrious schemer who cleans the world of vermin.

Invae are spirits shaped by the beliefs of insects. They're what an ant colony or a beehive believes in.

Should have taken the aspects of anasazi type spider beliefs imo.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The best thing about Vatican ninjas is that by being part of cannon you can run a campaign around getting to say, "they won't arrest/capture/kill us, we're on a mission from God."

E: we got arrested before raymond could rehabilitate us. We live by the law of the streets: a head for an eye and a face for a tooth.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 13, 2021

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Personally I just took him as a refreshing reversal of the wise old man stereotype. Especially since the hotheaded emotional one of the group is an old man.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Maximum Law is one of the most annoying, self satisfied, overweening people you know. He's like 20, so that's a big part of it.

He really has no idea what an adorable doofus he is. He thinks he's so cool. :allears:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

My favorite bit of the update is that you ask them if anyone has a motive to kill them and they proceed to say no and then immediately list a giant wall of people who actually would want to kill them but the wampoans have such a superiority complex they couldn't possibly believe it.

The nonchalant dropping of how this would be complete overkill if it was someone they cheated is an admission they cheat people all the time (so it could be drat near anyone in the underworld) and then they later talk about how they're safe because they routinely chase off the Corp run police(so it could be drat near anyone in the corporate world).

Put those two together and the list of potential killers is.... literally everyone.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I... think literally the only person he'll listen to is the player character. So I suppose it's technically a list in the sense that there could be more or fewer people on it, but you're being generous there.

Hey, it's not like he'd ignore his lover and put her in mortal peril or anything...

Oh wait, I totally made him do that.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I always figured novacoke was like 'victory gin' or soykaf: a lovely synthetic substitute since you can't get the real stuff anymore.

Especially considering how real world new coke went

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It's against the grain, but I'm going to say we should tux up because we were also a troll working crowd control for the local clubs.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Gaichu's combat style best described from my experience using him:

Miss
Miss
Miss
Hi- nah, just kidding. Missed again

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'll admit, I hammed up his accuracy a bit. The person who said they used him like glory was pretty accurate. I feel like the hit rate was pretty similarly bad. The big difference between the two is that glory has her pile of medkits and revive kits whereas gaichu has some interesting combat moves that I won't steal kanfy's thunder on, so gaichu lacks a solid, reliable action option.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Keldulas posted:

Honestly Is0bel’s statement on that outcome doesn’t make full sense to me. The sentence at the end about them having a lot to learn about dealing with shadowrunners really sounds like she’s talking about still-alive elders.

It just doesn’t fully fit

I'm pretty sure that they is the wampoans in general.

E: Also, surprise! It turns out the killer was one of the things the elders insisted wasn't an issue!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Even if you can convince the office drone manning it that you had access rights it would be too broken to abuse. Perfect security! Plus the grunt gets to laugh at the attackers misfortune/stupidity.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Speaking of military boondoggle getting fixed, is the f-35 capable of flight yet?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

see the world for how it truly works

Big Texas
is just too good to pass up, especially since we're from seattle and living in China

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Isabel, goblet, and gaichu

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, my impression of the dude was that he was just a low level Grunt dealing with people outside the organization the important people would never talk to, but he thinks he's a colossal badass member of the magic illuminati.

Although a lot of the read might have come from the portrait

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

I thought something was missing, but I chalked it up to my eyes sliding off of the dialogue’s mention of the two texts as our retrieval goals and my brain just filling in something I remembered from when I played this run myself.

I also remember the gimmick of this particular run being a lot of fun.

Yeah, I remember the run mechanics for this one a lot more than the plot of it. It's kind of funny how despite Hong Kong having the reputation as the wordy one not the dungeon one, it's got a bunch of really cool runs in it.

AceOfFlames posted:

All SRR games are coming to Switch!

Nice

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Fighting Trousers posted:

Somewhere in Berlin, Rosa feels a cold chill.

I'm still mad that you go back there, but they don't let you make good on your promise to the vase.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Insect spirit. Definitely an insect spirit

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Stop with the poetry guys. It will hear us:ohdear:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

achtungnight posted:

The Texan present says nothing, yet his glare of disagreement speaks volumes.

Yeah, there's a freeze going on and not a single Texas senator has fled the country this time!*

*yet

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Gaichu senses the approach of Dante and hoes "wait, I'm the dog?"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The update made me want to play again and I found out RIP android port

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Stroth posted:

Why wouldn't he? Certainly from an outside perspective it's horrible, yes. But from his point of view he lived a very respectable and enjoyable life.

There is the whole being expected to kill himself and being perpetually hunted thing. Most people wouldn't be a fan of that. The thing is that Gaichu still seems to believe pretty heavily in that stuff still, even if he didn't personally follow through on it. See the part of the discussion where he reacts to the pc arguing against samurai suicide.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, all he's saying is that gently caress you, got mine exists and that people who got mine are likely to support the things that did that for them.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

But then I couldn't make a troll decker to fight the man

and then hand them a heavy weapon anyway because gently caress it, miniguns are fun

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Psion posted:

It's trivally easy to hand yourself unlimited nuyen if you want to go that route. My first run(s) through this game I was actually forced to care about upgrades which I think was a net positive, but eventually I wanted to see what unlimited power was like and that was fun too. The ingame console is easy to activate and there is, I think, a shortcut button which is literally Give Nuyen and you just click it as many times as you want.

Isn't that just shoving yourself full of +ap until you 1 turn the final boss? You can afford that on a normal playthrough.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Dietrich was convinced by his friend to fight more metaphorical dragons rather than punching up until he got punched down.

The dragonslayer quietly snickered at that moment because the metaphorical dragon was run by a literal dragon and nothing actually changed from the pc's feel good talk.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Gaichu, Racter, Duncan

Because nothing says low key stealth like a gigantic flesh eating monster with claw hands, a gigantic sword, and a set of bigwig corp commando armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

"Is it any good?" I ask the person who has played it for nearly 200 hours. "The multiple LPS of it on these forums don't seem to play the campaign, which I consider a red flag and not a positive sign that so many people want to lp it(as in a normal lp, not a point and laugh at all the bad lp)."